Ok, let me start off by saying that I never leave reviews but now I feel compelled to do so.
Myself and my partner like the finer things in life and we are always looking to stay in the best possible hotels whenever we travel. 99% of the time , we find ourselves massively underwhelmed by the 5* reviews and ratings.
When choosing where to stay on our trip , I looked at all the apparently high end places and the customer feedback was average at best. It was then that I stumbled across Casa de Leda.
Could it really be that a hotel is THAT GOOD? Honestly, I was dubious - but I booked anyway as the price was extremely low and the reviews and photos were so good.
So , upon arrival we were greeted by a porter that took our case from the car and checked us in in rapid time. As we left the well appointed reception we were met with an impressive atrium that was furnished impeccably and through the Greco style pillars we caught glimpse of the jewell of the crown, the oasis which is the small pool area - ( amazingly relaxing after a nice turku which is free to use too)
So we were then shown to our room " CEDRO" - as we walked in the aroma of cedar was the first thing to greet us, not too much not too little , just right! Instantly relaxed we we able to adjust our senses to take in the rest of the room - a large 4 poster bed that looked so inviting with all the pillows and little biscuits on them, a mezzanine level with a little sofa for reading then a well appointed sink area and shower. Although there is no door on the shower ( no problem for us) it is extremely well decorated and has a 5 jet shower head. Only thing missing was a light in the shower but we didnt feel hindered in anyway.
The room was impeccable, not a hint of dirt and to our joy it was cleaned DAILY.
Breakfast on the terrace was great- a great array of cooked to order treats. Unlike many so called top hotels that offer buffet style junk, we found our food to be high quality and plentiful.
We used the hotel as a base to explore the surrounding areas of Santa Marta such as Tayrona. I had noticed people said the location of this hotel was bad but to be honest I cant imagine anywhere better. 2 blocks from Parque de los novios is about as close as you can get to the restaurants and bars.
If you are looking for an honest review, this is it summed up.
1) You have the best hotel in the area that is small enough to make it feel like a home
2) You have rooms that are way above the standards you would expect for the price
3) You have the most attentive staff of any hotel , especially in Santa Marta
4) You have a great location
5) You have easy access by bus or taxi to Taganga, Tayrona, El Rodadero
Nothing will beat this place. If we ever decide to return to Santa Marta - we will certainly contact Jacob directly as there is no other competition in our eyes!
5 stars across the board, the place is a triumph! Congratulations on a job well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Leda is the newest addition to Kali Hotels. Its luxurious and relaxing spa complements each room's unique and grand style. First owned by a wealthy family of Santa Marta's golden age, the original house where Casa de Leda sits dates back to the late 19th century. While most of that house no longer stands, we salvaged its original fluted columns, facade, and floor tiling. In this remodeling, as with Casa de Isabella, we consistently chose classical style, maintaining the building's original integrity whenever possible. With Casa de Leda, we proudly present a full service boutique hotel and spa. Spacious rooms under vaulted ceilings give way to open bathrooms with plenty of natural light. The open terrace, flanked by cascades of green vines and equipped with a cooling mist system, overlooks the Santa Marta Cathedral. Each room includes an aromatherapy kit, and some have in-room hot tubs. Flat screen TVs in every room have media players with music stations and video libraries. We also provide free WiFi, international calling, and breakfast cooked-to-order. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.