Decameron Galeon
US$186
US$128
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Amani(Santa Marta)
US$92
US$68
US$88
US$98
US$89
US$108
US$91
La Villana Hostel(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Masaya Hostel Santa Marta(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Pool
Zuana Beach Resort(Santa Marta)
US$567
US$85
  • Pool
All reviewsall inclusive hotelshows at nightcomfortable roomtayrona parkgalleonrefrigerator
Reviewed 8 October 2010

How true this is. We stayed at the Decameron in 2009 and enjoyed it so much that we broke our rule of never going to the same country twice. We should have stuck to our rule because the hotel was a major disappoinment the second time around. The prices had skyrocketed, the quality of the food had plummeted and management was making things so difficult for the staff that they were all discontented. Management implemented rules that employees were to all take on extra jobs and were encouraged to spy on other employees. The country is still wonderful and individual employees spectacular but management is destroying this property.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Lulutraveler
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Awful experience... we arrived, we left next morning because couldn't find transportation same night. We had supposedly a top-of-the-class booking only to arrive at this motel-type of room. Had dinner that night and breakfast next morning.... not good compared to other all-in-inclusive chains like the Iberostar, Barcelo or Piñero Group Hotels and Resorts.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank magvel004
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I stayed at Decameron Galeon for 5 nights, with my sister during our summer holidays and it was the best choice we made. It´s a little far from Santa Marta but it has everything to relax and have a very good time after months of work. This hotel is fabulous! It´s huge, the room was clean and spacious. The food (which is included) was delicious. They have 4 great restaurants for dinner, and breakfast and lunch are buffet and varied. Besides, they offer snacks and drinks all day long. The beach is ok. I loved kayaking there (also included). The night shows are fun and great. They also offer several activities during the day for kids and adults. Nobody can get bored at that hotel. I would definitely stay at Decameron again. I can hardly wait to stay at another Decameon (There are some of them in other places)

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank CarolinaFR
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I traveled with my husband and children (ages 5 and 2 yrs) to Santa Marta we are Americans living in Bogota, Colombian and fluent in spanish.
A quick overview:
ROOM: filthy, rusted nails sticking out of the trim, doors didn't lock!, floors were dirty, black mold on walls, drapes and ceiling, rusted standing fan, extra bed mattress was lined with dirt & air conditioning ONLY in main bedroom area. When we demanded to change rooms the front desk said it was not possible until the following day. We persisted and called our travel agent-- who battled on our behalf for an hour. There were plenty of vacant rooms in the hotel-- they just chose not to deal with the problem until we demanded a response.
STAFF: unfriendly, rude, unhelpful, annoyed when asked common questions. Tried to charge us for "misc incidentals" that were not appropriate.
FOOD: Horrible spread. Unsanitary conditions and some spoiled.
BEACH: Vendors were relentless. "Masseuses" on the beach were gross and looked like nasty prostitutes. Our children were scared of them. Souvenir sales people would not leave us alone-- even though the Decameron claims they "own" the beach and keep these folks off the sands. Not true at all.
**Please do not book this hotel**

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank RugbyKim76
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I am the travel agent for this group and it could not have gone any better. We were the first group from USA in many years, and I found the Colombian people to be so very friendly and hospitable. The hotel staff met the group (55 of us) at the airport and checked us into the hotel on the bus. When we arrived, there was a band and the dancers from the show to welcome us.
The hotel staff was friendly, always smiling, and ready to assist us with whatever we needed. (which wasn't much because they had already taken care of everything)
The rooms were clean, and the whole resort was always immaculate.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quaility of the shows at the Decameron. There are some very talented dancers here and the direction was well above average.
I took my two adult sons with me and they made many new friends, from all over South America. They have even formed a Decaron Social Club on Facebook!
This group always farewell dinner on the hotel outdid themselves! They had a singer/keyboardist and had the dances come and entertain the group. I was complemented so many times for the wonderful trip, but honestly, I can't take credit , I was fortunate to find the hotel through Tara Tours. (which I can not say enough about how great they were in the planning of this trip)
I would recommend this to any "American" (USA). I felt safe, enjoyed the excursions and would most definitely return. I took many beautiful pictures,,, to many to share

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business