“Best in AC”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York
“Best in AC”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday, checking at 1030 pm, only smoking rooms left but when we entered the room no smell of any smoke. There was a little odor in the hallway. Top class room with beautiful color choices. Even the glassware is elegant. Forgot the safe is not in the closet but in the table between the beds. Made sure to get to bed by 3am so we could enjoy the pool. Outside pool had to be 85 degrees, actually thought the indoor pool was too cold compared to the outdoor one. it was packed by 10am. it was nice to sit by the indoor pool and swim outside.
Nice mix of slots, I tried the beach boy new one, great music, was ahead but the music was so good kept playing. I guess that is the idea. Ate at the buffet for lunch and it was fantastic, great fish dishes. The best in AC.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank AcesFull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I want to first say that I have stayed at the Water Club many times and have enjoyed it every time. That being said, I am not sure I would stay there again as I am disgusted at the behavior of one of the pool bartenders, Shawn. While we were there a member of our party was cut off from drinking for no apparent reason. We asked if it was because they were drunk and were told no, that they were "overserved". HUH? And as far as I can tell sipping on Mimosas throughout a hot summer day is not a crime. There were no complaints from any guests, and it seems to me if the bartender was concerned why keep on serving with absolutely no warning that they felt the drinking was excessive? How does a guest get "overserved"??? We don't serve ourselves. I have never heard such a thing. Funny enough, this same bartender asked us to tip him out BEFORE the other bartenders came on so he wouldn't have to share his tips. And, when he decided to cut off our friend he came out from behind the bar and announced it to the entire pool, where our whole party was. My friend was humiliated! I have been a bartender and know that is absolutely no way to cut someone off, and certainly not someone who dropped over $300 in a day on drinks and food. I actually have no issue with the actual cutting off, what can I say, it's their prerogative. But, the way it was done was humiliating and completely unnecessary. I asked for the manager, Tim, or Tom, and he was really no help, and said that since our friend threatened the bartender, (they wound up in a bit of a verbal tussle), that our friend acted like a terrorist!! I was shocked he used that word, and of course, he was being ridiculous. Oddly, the next day at the pool, there was a girl so drunk she kicked over all of our drinks as she made her way to the bar, apologized and said it was because she was so drunk, and made her way over to Shawn who had no problem serving her another drink. As a professional travel consultant at this point I am extremely hesitant to send any of my clients here. There are certain expectations at the Water Club, and service is one of them. People will get drunk and perhaps unruly, it is AC after all, but it's up to the staff to handle these issues with dignity and NOT insult their guests. That night at the comedy show and B-Bar I had quite a few people come up to me and tell me they could not believe what they saw, and furthermore, they had no idea why our one friend was seemingly singled out, because they were acting no different than any other guest. I sell cruises and often have groups staying in and around the tri-state area for pre and post visits, and the Water Club used to be my favorite recommendation. Next week I am staying at the Revel for the first time to check it out for future clients, who knows, this may be my new go-to.

Room Tip: High floors, corner rooms if possible, they have two windows.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Josie700
Rochester, MA
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have stayed here over 25 times since the hotel opened, but my last few stays have been very disappointing. On my latest stay, July 19-21, 2013 my room was absolutely filthy. It smelled of stale cigarette smoke (in a non-smoking room), the carpet was various shades of brown, there was hair all over the bathroom floor and shower area, and to top it all off my sheets had holes! I want to point out that I paid for the stay, so it wasn't a question of getting a "free" room which might have made these deficiencies more acceptable.

On my previous stay in June my television didn't work and the service man came at 12:15 AM to fix it! He told me that there was only one maintenance man on duty from 11 PM to 7 AM, and as such they just couldn't keep up with the property.

Both times when I tried to change rooms I was told by the front desk that the hotel was full, which I believe to be true, and there were no other rooms. There are other choices in Atlantic City, including the Borgata Hotel and the Revel which are cleaner, updated, and might be a better choice if you are looking for a clean room with functioning equipment.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room first before finalizing my stay. There must be cleaner rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ndmom6910
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed for only one night. The room was clean and modern, it helps that it's one of the newer hotels in Atlantic City. The one thing I liked the best about the hotel was the indoor pool. I loved that it wasn't too big but some people might not like that. I've heard very good things about their spa but I didn't have the chance to try it. There is no casino but it is connected to Borgata by a very short walkway so you are still able to gamble if you felt like it. The Sunbar on the ground floor is a nice quiet place to chill out and have a drink or two.

The hotel is not on the Boardwalk, you need to either drive or take a taxi to go there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tunalala
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Myself and a couple of colleagues have just returned from Atlantic City where we stayed in The Water Club at The Borgata Hotel.Excellent from the minute we arrived until the time we checked out ...The food the Bars ,The Restaurants are A********
This is not a venue for children however for business or couples this is great fun.You must have to have deep pockets ,alas ,all good things come at a price!!!
We even had a little go on the tables and came out on top..I can't wait for my next trip there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We have been going to the Water Club since it opened. We used to think it was so perfect in every way. But as the years have gone by the amount of staff is now a fraction of what it used to be. We were laying by the pool this past Wed and not once did a staff member ask us if we wanted anything to eat or drink. Not even water. There actually was not more than one staff member there .But there was a paper up dispenser with water. It was like drinking out of a bathroom cup. And the restaurants...well out of the 6 or 7 only two of the fine dining places were open. We were very disappointed. We would go at least 5 times a year here but I think this was the last time. I have to say that the indoor pool is beautiful. But I can't say much else now.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank love5star18
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Let me start off by saying I think this place is a victim of expectations.

People set it up to be an amazing hotel.

As far as AC hotels go - it is very very nice, if not one of the nicest. But the build up is not equal to the reality.

Huge advantage imo in staying here is the check in process - Borgata you could wait 45-60min. Here I waited <5min - big advantage.

Grounds and lobby were immaculate.

Room was very nice -- comparing to Revel I'd say just a notch below - but the room was clean, comfortable with nice amenities - the rain head shower was awesome.

Valet and other services are on par with expectations.

Prices are outrageous even for AC Standards imo in terms of meals etc. But realistically they can charge whatever they want.

The walk to Borgata casino is 2min -- no issues there.

I did not go to the pools that people have commented on.

Would I stay there again - absolutely - would I ever pay to stay here ? Probably not.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo