“Best Hotel in AC!!!”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I once again came to Atalntic City for fun and as always stayed at the only hotel I would ever stay in, the Water Club. This place is so above any other hotel in AC, except maybe Borgata which is also a great hotel. This place is very relaxing and quiet and the staff or top notch. The pools in this place are second to none, and I especially love the indoor pools with the tropical feel. Also, no kids allowed which makes it so peaceful and relaxing.

The rooms at the Water Club are exceptional, very clean and elegant. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the bathroom is fantastic, especially the shower with the rain heads. My host, William Mullens, once again reserved the end suite for me which has fantastic views of the AC skyline and wall to wall window wrapping the room. Nicest room I have ever stayed in anywhere in my 50 years and I want to thank William so much. He is a great host. You rock Bill!!

The food at Borgata is great with so many choices but I especially love the Amphora Lounge. The wait staff are excellent and the food second to none.

I have been coming to the Water Club and Borgata now for three years after years at Trump properties and this place blows alll the other casinos and hotels away. Keep up the great work guys and I will be back again next month.

Room Tip: Borgata or Water Club - both have fantastic rooms. Clean and very updated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 May 2014

1st time staying at the Water Club - room ready early, easy and quick check in - exactly the room that we requested.
Very clean and everyone was helpful - didn't do any damage in the casino, but there is always next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I know this review is very late, but nonetheless, I am sending it. A friend of mine gambles at The Borgata frequently and earns comps throughout the year. They called me up and said they had comps, on the Borgata card, for three days of a free hotel stay at the brand new Water Club by Borgata. The room was just that new that it still had the new carpet smell in it, which was fine. It was my first time ever staying at The Borgata. It was luxurious and I had a wonderful stay there! All of the staff were very friendly and the room decor, bed, etc. were wonderful. The shower experience was amazing and there was a large beautiful bathroom! The icing on the cake was The Water Club had L'Occitane shampoo, conditioner, body wash & lotion for guests (I already knew about this product line because I tried it in the past and their products are some of the best I ever used though they are pricey at the store). Our floor was quiet and I had a tranquil stay at The Water Club. The restaurants, in the Borgata, were good and we saw a free show featuring local comedians which was entertaining. The Borgata theater, where the show was held, was very nice, too. A soft, plush robe and slippers were available in the closet for use. You have to use your card key to enter into practically every level/room of the hotel (this is probably for security purposes). Since my stay, back in 2008, I have highly recommended this hotel to others and when they stayed, they always gave great commments and thanked me for letting them know about The Water Club.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean and luxurious. All staff very pleasant. Stayed for 4 days and enjoyed ever minute. Best part of our stay was our dinner at the Homestead Restaurant. The food was amazing and the wait staff was outstanding. Oscar and Sad at made our dining experience thoroughly enjoyable!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I went with my husband since he was attending a 2 day conference at the Borgata (Water Club is attached & operated as part of Borgata). We were extremely disappointed with the service or shall I say lack of. Room service never made up our room on day 1. On the morning of checkout, we couldn't get our safe opened. When I called, they could not say how long it would be until someone would come to open it. Then, they put me on hold and never got back to me. When I called back 30 minutes later, that person was more knowledgeable and helpful. We then went to breakfast at the Sunroom. Told wait staff we were in a bit of a hurry and we were told, no problem. Then, they came to tell us they could not provide the hot items on the menu since there was a fire alarm issue & they could not use the stove. I substituted a bagel for my eggs. After waiting and waiting for my bagel, I told the waitress to cancel my order since I needed to be at my appointment.
We are very experienced travelers and have traveled extensively throughout the world. We have stayed at a variety of hotels, ranging from moderate to quite expensive. Never have we had such a horrible experience! Perhaps if we were "high rollers" we would have been treated better?

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator. Better yet, ask for a room in Borgata instead.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mustangmaggie
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Water Club May 10-12. We try to come once a year(Valentines day weekend). We had a Staind concert at the Tropicana on saturday the 10th, so we decided to do the self parking at the water club rather then valet so we could drive to the Trop.. It was very convenient, and we received a free parking pass for another hotel, so we used it that night for the concert.

The whole Borgata and Water Club is wonderful. Beautiful and clean, and not confusing to walk around and find your way. We spent most of the time just hanging out playing the slots, and my boyfriend did his fair share at playing poker and won.
We ate at the cafeteria for a few quick meals and dessert, and then we tried Wolfgang Puck for dinner Sunday night. That was great. The morning we left we ate breakfast at Bread and Butter. Delicious.

We were on the 23rd floor and had a great view of the bay and the ocean off in the distance. We didnt get a chance to check out the spa or the pools but we plan to do so the next time hopefully next year!

Room Tip: Highter rooms have the best views. Try playing the slot machines called "Gold Fish" they a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Thursday and Friday night. Had a nice room with two doubles. Arrived a bit late and no kings were available. The rooms are modern but not stark. The are very comfortable. Some of the furnishings need a little attention as they are showing their age a bit (which isn't that much) with chips and worn edges. A little touching up would do wonders.
One of the things we like about the Water Club and the Borgota is the clranliness. The casino and the resort in general, including the rooms, are maintained clean at all times. Never been disappointed on that point.
The one thing that did bother me in this stay is that after our room was made up, the ice bucket was left with water in it and no new plastic bag for ice and the two glasses we used were still on the nightstand between the beds DIRTY (in spite of the fact I left housekeeping a tip on the bed!). I'm going to just consider this as someone's oversight at this point and hope it doesn't mean a decline in service and cleanliness. The Borgota (and Water Club) together with Revel are the two premium locations in Atlantic City in my opinion and I hope that Water Club and Borgota maintain their standards.
The bathrooms are modern and nicely done with a separate toilet area and large shower with multiple shower heads, but no tub. Only issue with the bathroom was the sink which was slow to drain and for some reason it was hard to get anything but scalding water out of the faucet no matter which way you moved the faucet lever. All in all its still a very nice hotel and resort and I still recommend it as one of the nicer Atlantic City locations.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family