“Oh my aching back....”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend and was impressed with the room,view,size and cleanliness of the room. Then I slept in the bed. Had a king size bed which looked inviting but was anything but. Bed was hard as a rock and the bedding was cheap and not even sure they were cotton. Very itchy. Outside of the bed the rooms are great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Linda K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We loved this hotel. We were lucky enough to get a corner room on the 16th floor. One window over looked the marina and a view of the Atlantic City skyline and the other over looked the Harrah's Hotel with their beautiful night show and the bay. The room was large with a king size bed, was clean and had a great shower. They even provided housecoats so I wouldn't have had to bring one that took up 1/2 of my suitcase. You never had to wait long for the elevators and they were the fastest we have ever been on. We did not get a chance to use the pools. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked this as a getaway for my husband and I before I start a new job in July. As a bonus, the room rates are very low right now, I would imagine due to the current economy. We have stayed at the Borgata in the past, but wanted to stay at the Water Club due to it being advertised as having great indoor and outdoor pools. As soon as we got there (at Noon) our room was ready which was a nice surprise since check in is not until 3 or 4. Glad to get some time at the pool on our first day, we went right up to the room, changed into our bathing suits and proceeded to the pools. Unfortunately, we were told that guests coming into the hotel do NOT have access to the pools on their first day of check in until after 3 p.m. We couldn't believe it. I WAS told that it states this on the hotel's website, but I did not see it. We watched as couple after couple did the exact same thing as us, walk up to the pool attendant, and get turned away. We were told this is to keep the pools from being overcrowded, but a view from our window did not show a crowded pool. In spite of this, the next day we went down to the pools when they opened at 8 a.m. to make sure we got a chaise lounge. As a previous reviewer indicated, people came down to put books, etc. on lounge chairs and did not return until several hours later to the pool. The hotel stated it is their policy to remove the articles after a half an hour, but this did not happen.

The biggest thing about the outdoor pool area is this: the 2 pools are relatively small, the lounges are cramped up next to each other, and there is no ambiance/decor like you see at most top resorts/vegas. It was a wooden deck, all one level, no greenery. The outdoor bar/grill had a very limited drink/food menu. Also ordered the charcuterie plate at the Sunroom bar right inside the pool area. Never in my life have I been served a charcuterie plate with lamb and duck pate. Our server couldn't even tell us what any of the meats were on the plate and had to go ask someone. Love the food network channel and Geoffrey Zakarian, but expected much better than the tapas there.

The rooms were pretty nice, but nothing special. I would not go back to the water club, not because it was terrible, but just because there are way too many better hotels. If I did go back, I'd stay at the Borgata. Bobby Flay Steak was excellent and Wolfgang Puck very good too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ginnie D
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I keep coming back to the Borgata and the Water Club in particular for the spa shower situation in every room. I could stay in there all day! The one negative was a baby on our floor screamed for probably an hour straight, and I thought there was a no children policy?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank InawordFab
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed on a fri, got there around 4:00, pool was shaded and bugs were biting, got up early sat to go to pool, but apparently not early enough, all the chairs were taken (marked with some sort of article, hat, book, jacket, just like a cruse) got on a waiting list were they would call u when a chair opens up, no call ever. Room was nice but just seemed boring and too quiet on that side of the building (the water club), than u walk over to Borgata side and bam, packed jammed, would not go to water club again, tried it just for the pools and me no likie, mikie, Borgata side does not have outside pool, waiting for them to change that.
suggestion: pools should have counters all the way around and that's were u can leave your stuff when u go in the pool (a lot of people in the pool all day, no need to hold a chair) the pool employee should clear the chairs every 15 mins (put articles on counter) you go in pool, u lose your chair but most likely when u get out to lay down, there is one open, there were chairs held all day with no one in them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank terriblespellher
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at The Water Club by Borgata, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

terriblespellher- It was disappointing to learn you weren’t able to enjoy the outdoor pool at The Water Club. We do have a policy that if items are left unattended for more than a half hour, then the items are cleared and the chair is given to another guest. We are sorry that was not enforced and we will work on this in the future. Also, while The Water Club is meant to have a quieter more relaxing atmosphere, we’re glad you found and enjoyed the liveliness of the Borgata pool. We thank you for your suggestions and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed there during last week of May. The room was up to the mark. Relaxing pool area. Nice bay views from the room. Had dinner in fornelleto which was a big let down in terms of service and courtesy of the table waiter . Food was good though. Ate at Carmine in tropicana the next day and I would say we had a far better experience at Carmine ( Both are Italian Restaurants). Overall, I would recommend Water Club for the Stay. We will be travelling soon to AC again and planning to stay at Water club again and planning to use Immersion spa as well this time. However No Fornelletto.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manish J
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this room via a living social deal with the intention of seeing Morrissey in concert at Revel. Well unfortunately the concert was cancelled and due to living social's red tape we could not move our reservation. I'm glad we didn't because it was a much needed getaway. We had a room on the 31st floor,beautiful view. The room was immaculate and very nice. The service was great, we were not able to take advantage of the pool since we were pressed for time. The pools are small but it's a welcome distraction if you don't feel like gambling or if you have a few more days to kill. I love the idea of ordering breakfast via door tag but it was way overpriced. The staff are very friendly and it seems as if the water club is aiming for a more youthful crowd, perhaps those like myself who were disillusioned by Revel resort. I would definitely stay here again, provided if I score another groupon or living social deal. It's pricey but at least you can tell where the money is going. Pros: Check in was very quick and we were allowed to check in early. Cons: you have to pay for wifi, drinks/food overpriced, needs more shops, not close to the beach or other places of interests, however you can hop onto the jitney on the weekends. I give this place an 8.5 out of 10.

• Stayed: June 2014