“going downhill”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for the 6th time this past May. I was very disappointed in the room , I upgraded to a Vista room , one of the corners of the hotel. The room is deteriorating. The furniture was broken,, stains on the carpet shower door leaked,
I used to love staying here but will not be back until they do a renovation of the rooms.
A lot of $ for no value.

Room Tip: Wait until they refurbish the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank drj0209
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at The Water Club by Borgata, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

drj0209- We’re sorry for the condition in which you found your guestroom. We’re glad you used to love staying here and want to keep it that way. As such, I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn’t mind taking the time to private message me your room number, or other reservation information, that way I can make sure that particular guestroom receives the attention it deserves. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The nicest hotel I have ever been to in Atlantic City ! This place is top of the line and beautiful. The check in process was very fast and easy. A huge bonus was if you parked in the side lot, you could check in and get to your room without traipsing through the casino with your luggage. In the Water Club is a pool for 21 and over, families with kids had to go to the Borgata pool. This place was wonderful, connected to the casino, but if you didn't go down the hall connecting things, you could just pretend you were in a very nice hotel with great pools. We will definately be returning !

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids stay at the Borgata so you don't have to walk as far for the fami...
4  Thank Jessyea1
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I spent a night at The Water Club...absolutely wonderful! Our room was very clean, comfortable. Both the room and bathroom had a spa-like feel. Best hotel experience we've had on the Marina. Will definitely go back!

2  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Here now for my husbands birthday. Rule is cannot get admitted to pool until 3:00 on day of check in ... And I get it rules are rules... But pool not crowded, rain expected all day tomorrow so I expected to be able to get into pool area 1 hour earlier. Answer from hostess if you were high roller we might do something. And AC wonders why they can't get business ???? Make the guest feel special and welcome -rule 1
Not coming back and suggest you go to Foxwoods !

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Margras
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you want to save money stay away from this hotel. First off my family and I weren't able to use the pool until after three. I didn't pay to not be able to fully use the amentities available. The staff at hand was extremely unprofessional and rude. When questions were asked the staff seemed clueless. An establishment that prestigous should have jacuzzi style bathtubs in the suite rooms. The mattresses shouldn't be anywhere close to comparable to cardboard (which they were). To top off all these petty issues, the food was terrible. We might as well have gone to a local mcdonalds. The calimari was greasy, the oil was stale, the potatoes were runny. Plate sizes were very unproportionate. To sum up, this was a wasted vacation and am very dissapointed in The Water Club. The only reason we stayed was for the Hall and Oates concert. Next time we'll just stay somewhere else.

4  Thank redbeard23

redbeard23- We are sorry you were so disappointed with your visit to The Water Club. To clarify, customers may use the pools earlier than our hotel check-in time (4pm Monday through Saturday and 5pm on Sundays) and the entire day of checkout. As we have no excuse for the manner in which you describe our team members, we will use your comments to try and improve on this area. The same holds for your description of your food items. Again, we apologize that your visit wasn’t more enjoyable. We hope you enjoyed the concert!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm not a gambler therefore staying in a beautiful, well appointed room is important to me since I spend time in the room while friends go to the casino floor. These rooms are soothing in their color scheme- think ocean & sand. The views from most rooms are of the bay and tributaries and ocean. The robes are lush, beds are comfy, pillows are supportive and the rooms are spacious. The Large Bathroom with the "rain shower" - Ahhhhh... Make sure you go to one of their pools and take a day or at least half a day to book a service at Immersion Spa on 32nd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Vista Room" upgrade - It's a beautiful corner room with windows on 2 walls...
3  Thank MissCyndi
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My friend and I decided to stay at the Water Club to have a "fancy" room. The room was nice--a notch of a an upgrade from the regular rooms at the Borgata. My bed was comfortable, but I have slept in much more inviting beds. The glass enclosed shower with the dual shower heads was a nice touch also, but nothing to write home about. There are no perks to paying a little extra (i.e., like free use of the fitness facility) for the small upgrades. I would not pay the extra $20-$40 a day again to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business