“Pool kept this from being a five-star rating”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed four nights at the Water Club M-F. The Water Club is valet parking only. For Borgata players club members, it's only a five dollar charge! We arrived early on Monday for the bell desk to hold our luggage and then hit the beach. Right away, our valet was quick with suggestions and directions (that were correct!!) Great first impression.

Our check in process was flawless - the wait was short and the customer service was pleasant.

Our room was very very nice. We were in room 2286 with a view of the water. The pool was also visible. The king bed was very comfy for both my husband and I - we got great sleep. We were close to the elevators, but the room was very quiet.

Don't let the fact that this property is separate from Borgata and gambling. The indoor walk to the casino is a short one and offers nice boutique shops.

Now, for the bad...The reason we booked at Water Club in lieu of Borgata is for the outdoor pool. You only have access to the outdoor pool if you're a Water Club guest, and getting our sun on is important to us! The one day we went to the pool, we arrived at 8:45. You check out towels at the desk - we were only allowed two towels. The person right before us checked out 4. The guy at the desk said they were running out. When I asked about the large bin right behind him FILLED with towels, he said they are running low. SIgh.

The table we wanted to use between our chaises had used straws on it and was sticky with spilled drink from the day before. When I asked for a wet towel to wipe it, I was given a wet wipe and the bartender and manager went back to their conversation (the excellent customer service option would have been for one of them to come and wipe it down and throw out the trash).

There were no waitresses available right away, and when they did start roaming, we were not offered a menu or drinks. My husband and I joked that we must be in the no-service section... We went in the pool once (amidst a floating straw and a couple of pieces of trash). It just was not a pleasant situation. And now that I know how amazing the beaches are in AC, I will save the extra money next time and stay at the Borgata.

6  Thank Audra S
There are newer reviews for The Water Club by Borgata

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Water Club once again and was once again very happy with my stay. This hotel is hands down the nicest, cleanest, most upscale hotel in Atlantic City. The staff are very attentive and helpful and the pools are gorgeous, especially the two indoor pools. The rooms at this hotel are very beautiful and spacious with a huge bathroom and shower with a rainshower.
The restaurants at the Borgata are wonderful with my favorite being the Amphora Lounge for black card holders. Their food is beyond my expectations and drinks top shelf. I have been to Water Club many times and each visit is better than the last. I also have the best luck gaming at Borgata and they have any game you want.
I can't say enough about the Water Club and look forward to my next visit. Again I have to thank my host, William Mullens, you are the best.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room was very spacious, comfortable, and nicely decorated. There was plenty of room for my family of four including 2 teenagers. THe bathroom was large and included a separate area for the toilet. Housekeeping was very attentive and accommodating. Nice amenities including a beautiful pool. The pool in this Hotel was for 21 and over. Although this was disappointing for us, I can understand why they have this because the other pool was filled with children. Guests have access to all features of the Borgata. There are many great food options including restaurants, a great food court area, and a strarbucks. A short drive from the boardwalk The staff at the valet were very helpful in instructing how to navigate parking by the boardwalk.Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The check in at The Water Club was not the quickest I have experienced but that was soon forgotten when I entered my room. On the 31st floor the room was large and well appointed. The bed as huge and also the bathroom. A really nice touch was coloured linen and towels, might sound strange but it is nice to not always sleep and dry in white!

The pool areas were OK, but the music and high numbers of people meant they were not the quiet escape I was hoping for.

A short indoor walk to the Borgata meant I did not have to go far to gamble, which was great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank MaseKid
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Water Club is a welcome option to The Borgata. It is much quieter and a bit more upscale. We enjoyed the ability to use their indoor and outdoor pools, which are 21 and over. Children have to use the pool at The Borgata and that pool gets crowded. All of the amenities of The Borgata are available to guests at The Water Club.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I like AC and have stay at all the hotels and casinos frequently. Stayed one night at the Borgata Water Club it was very clean, quite and comfortable. Check in was very fast and easy. The showers are great as well as all the pools at the water club. The Borgata casino is great they seem to do everything right. Drink service was right on with everyone being pleasant.(also they serve drinks in real glasses with class) There are plenty of places to eat both regular hours as well as late night. The Borgata buffet was very good also. Like I said the Borgata seems to do things right. Was a great stay and will return.

1  Thank charliemast
Reviewed 7 August 2014

1) The hotel is much less busy than the Borgata, less crowded and noisy (parking too!)
2) Vista rooms-Corner, 2 different views, bigger
3) VERY helpful and courteous staff
4) Fairly generous comping policies
5) Great spa, and the treatment prices INCLUDE the tip! Get a massage from Rachael
6) Access to outdoor pool, Water Club guests only
7) Inventive, not run of the mill room service menu
8) You REALLY feel pampered!

Room Tip: End of hall with water view
3  Thank Rhapsodyinblue