“Pleasant suprise”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Generally don't care for most casino hotels, especially in Atlantic City. However, the Water Club is an impressive exception. Classy, low key, elegant in many ways - a class act without being overly snobby or pretentious. Would recommend better lighting in the bathroom, and less loud music at the pools, but otherwise no complaints, and looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Water Club & Borgata are excellent properties. However, the Water Club pool area is not. There is a policy of allowing individuals to reserve the chaise lounges in apparently unlimited numbers. Consequently you will have little or no choice or even no chance of obtaining a lounge.
It's spooky to be told that there are no lounges available when you see that 90% are unoccupied.
The food and beverage quality are terrible. Simple cocktails like Bloody Marys and Margaritas are undrinkable because of the terrible quality mixes used.
If the Water Club has an Achilles Heel, it's the Pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Haig H
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is nice, the pool is great even though you need to get there at 8:30 am for a chair but for the price they charge apparently they only clean your room if you call and request it or put the make up room notice on the door. Ive stayed in over 211 hotels, some crappy and cheap and they always clean the rooms. They also don't tell you this when you check in. Surprise you're paying more and you get a dirty room.
We returned back to our room to see a half made bed, with pillows on the floor (we didnt leave it like that), dirty counter tops, and our clothes on the floor. When we called to complain they were rude and said they only clean rooms upon request. When I stayed at the Borgata they provided housekeeping, weird. The bathroom also wasn't cleaned. They did take the trash out and half made the bed so they clearly come into the rooms. Anyway probably wouldn't recommend this place if you like clean rooms and good service.

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Ninascherr
Reviewed 15 August 2014

For the past five years this has been a get away spot for me. Usually spend my birthday here in September. I have experienced staying at both the Water Club and the Borgata...prefer the Water Club, but really enjoyed the Fiore suites at the Borgata. This trip there were three of us...one of my girlfriends treated the other two of us to an early birthday spa day. We had fun...my friend was a little disappointed because we were on a lower floor and the roof was our lovely view. The bathrooms are the best. The Immersion Spa was wonderful...we stayed practically the entire day after we all had the best body scrubs, wraps and massages. We enjoyed all the facilities...the pools, hot tubs, steam room, showers. Then we headed towards the Borgata Buffet for dinner a little pricey, but the food and service is always very good. We were there for four days, and one day my two friends went to the outlets where they found some very good bargains...I stayed and gave a small donation to the casino...it happens...all in all we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Fat burgers at the cafeteria one of my favorite spots...Bread and Butter for breakfast...very good. We ended our last night with dinner at Wolfgang Puck with drinks...the ginger wings were delicious...could have just had the appetizer's and drinks. Then the donations that I made at the casino all came back to me, plus a little extra....all in all this girlfriend getaway was what we all needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Leesir
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed four nights at the Water Club M-F. The Water Club is valet parking only. For Borgata players club members, it's only a five dollar charge! We arrived early on Monday for the bell desk to hold our luggage and then hit the beach. Right away, our valet was quick with suggestions and directions (that were correct!!) Great first impression.

Our check in process was flawless - the wait was short and the customer service was pleasant.

Our room was very very nice. We were in room 2286 with a view of the water. The pool was also visible. The king bed was very comfy for both my husband and I - we got great sleep. We were close to the elevators, but the room was very quiet.

Don't let the fact that this property is separate from Borgata and gambling. The indoor walk to the casino is a short one and offers nice boutique shops.

Now, for the bad...The reason we booked at Water Club in lieu of Borgata is for the outdoor pool. You only have access to the outdoor pool if you're a Water Club guest, and getting our sun on is important to us! The one day we went to the pool, we arrived at 8:45. You check out towels at the desk - we were only allowed two towels. The person right before us checked out 4. The guy at the desk said they were running out. When I asked about the large bin right behind him FILLED with towels, he said they are running low. SIgh.

The table we wanted to use between our chaises had used straws on it and was sticky with spilled drink from the day before. When I asked for a wet towel to wipe it, I was given a wet wipe and the bartender and manager went back to their conversation (the excellent customer service option would have been for one of them to come and wipe it down and throw out the trash).

There were no waitresses available right away, and when they did start roaming, we were not offered a menu or drinks. My husband and I joked that we must be in the no-service section... We went in the pool once (amidst a floating straw and a couple of pieces of trash). It just was not a pleasant situation. And now that I know how amazing the beaches are in AC, I will save the extra money next time and stay at the Borgata.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Audra S
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Water Club once again and was once again very happy with my stay. This hotel is hands down the nicest, cleanest, most upscale hotel in Atlantic City. The staff are very attentive and helpful and the pools are gorgeous, especially the two indoor pools. The rooms at this hotel are very beautiful and spacious with a huge bathroom and shower with a rainshower.
The restaurants at the Borgata are wonderful with my favorite being the Amphora Lounge for black card holders. Their food is beyond my expectations and drinks top shelf. I have been to Water Club many times and each visit is better than the last. I also have the best luck gaming at Borgata and they have any game you want.
I can't say enough about the Water Club and look forward to my next visit. Again I have to thank my host, William Mullens, you are the best.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room was very spacious, comfortable, and nicely decorated. There was plenty of room for my family of four including 2 teenagers. THe bathroom was large and included a separate area for the toilet. Housekeeping was very attentive and accommodating. Nice amenities including a beautiful pool. The pool in this Hotel was for 21 and over. Although this was disappointing for us, I can understand why they have this because the other pool was filled with children. Guests have access to all features of the Borgata. There are many great food options including restaurants, a great food court area, and a strarbucks. A short drive from the boardwalk The staff at the valet were very helpful in instructing how to navigate parking by the boardwalk.Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family