“Luxurious w/out Pretentious, Comfortable, Excellent Service”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
nyc
“Luxurious w/out Pretentious, Comfortable, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My husband, family and I stayed for three nights in a corner suite with views of marina, it was elegantly decorated, clean and the king bed was the best I've slept on in a hotel. We took full advantage of the Immersion Spa on the 32nd floor of the Water Club, highly recommend the hot stone massage with Chris. Room service was fast and fab, gourmet chocolate pudding out of this world, both the lobster and lamb dishes were incredible and don't forget the mashed potatoes with cheese if you're really indulging yourself, though the best food we ate at Fornellettos was the appetizer: fried calamari - out of this world, and it was so LOUD - get the acoustics under control, it was a restaurant, I want to talk to the other people at my own table without having to shout. Used the mini bar, restock fee is one time 15 bucks but it's handy to have drinks and snacks at your fingertips. Housekeeping was non-intrusive, concierge helpful (charged iphones when we forgot chargers at home), spa staff friendly, all staff friendly and courteous and any little snag made right, any request fulfilled promptly and cheerfully. My husband did great at poker and I loved the craps table, fun play and friendly, helpful people on the floor. We will be going back as the Water Club is THE place for what we love: luxury, comfort, warmth, top service and amenities.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Northeast Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2010

First we were comped at the Borgata (Sun & Mon nights). Was told I could not use the Water Club pool unless I stayed at the Water Club (even though it is attached). They moved me over there no problem on Monday morning.. Knew enough to get to the pool EARLY to get chairs because I saw the small size of the pool area. Got chairs at 9:30am. By 11am there were no chairs and a waiting list. Beautiful cedar deck. Pool is warm like bathwater - too warm. Good looking people-all ages. There is a cold waterfall...go under that to cool off. Service I found excellent. Overpriced food and drink but you can expect that, people, it's poolside service! Was told we could only use the pool until 11am checkout, not the whole day on Tuesday. I have stayed at many high end places and have never been told this! Probably b/c there is no way this small pool area can accomodate everyone, I guess.Ok, the downside...we took a walk to see the indoor pool and the ladies next to us said the staff was going to remove our towels and belongings! I swear it was no longer than 10 minutes tops in the whirlpool. Unreal. Why didn't they build a bigger pool??
Thought we would get a new wristband for Tuesday but we were expected to still have it on from the day before. I found mine and put it back on (I have small wrists, haha). My husband threw his out. He was told it would be $25 to use the pool (For an hour and 1/2 until checkout at 11am) Needless to say he went gambling instead.
Rooms are very nice. Everything seems new. Front desk service is ok but not as friendly as the Borgata front desk. I find myself aggravated this time b/c of the pool situation.
In closing, the restaurants are excellent. Best at any casino in AC. Poker room is very nice. But take alot of $ because the tournaments are high buy-in. I slum it at the $2-$4 holdem table and have fun. I still get lost in the casino, it is so big. It's fun watching the "Snookie" look-a-likes heading into Club Mur Mur on mondays. Very entertaining. Overall it is still one of my fav casinos. Oh, and if you want to go to the beach take the bridge to Brigantine. Takes 5 min. Go around 12-15th streets. There is a restaurant, bathrooms, umbrellas to rent. It is a VERY nice beach. You can park on the street in front of the nice homes. Again, get there early if you want a spot!

Richmond, VA
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We were charged an arm and a leg to stay in a block of suites in the Water Club. We were given crap about nearly everything you could name, from bringing back guests from other areas of the hotel, to accidentally taking towels from the pool.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank codyford1981
NJ
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Everything was top of the line, and the staff was extremely gracious. Beautiful room, and of course loved the view and shower. Beds slighly on the harder side, lots of pillows. No coffee maker, and we were careful not to touch the mini bar with its sensors! Lovely bathroom with the rain shower and place to sit. We asked for a marina view. Everything was very clean and perfect. Nice plushy robes and towels. Easy check in and check out right on time. Had a lot of fun working the slots and seeing a show in the Music Box.

2 Thank Sabrinacallie
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2010

This place truly has it all. Elegance, class and a great atmosphere. Wish I could stay here more often, however comps are few and far between since there is such a high demand to stay here. Rooms are clean and modern. Big flat screen TV with premium cable channels! Name, temperature and air quality are posted on the TV screen upon checking into your room. Check in is fast and friendly! Security guard by elevator checking hotel cards is a plus! Make sure you get a wristband at the front desk should you wish to use the pool and if you are staying more than one day, please be sure to go to the front desk after using the pool to get another wristband, since there is a $25 charge should you remove the wristband yourself! Casino is clean and smells fresh! Do not have to deal with the boardwalk crowd which is a plus. No one to harass you for money or cigarettes. Buffet is the best Atlantic City has to offer and is only $10 to black card members for all meals. The only regret I have is that I had to cancel one night at the Water Club in order to go to Caesar's, which was a huge mistake (please see posted review). I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I am very picky where I stay. If you don't believe me, read my other reviews on Trip Advisor!!!

2 Thank CasinoGirl32
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I just got back last night for a girls weekend away. The hotel is gorgeous, the rooms are a nice size, very comfortable beds, flat screen tvs, the bathroom is awesome, granite walk in shower with a separate toilet room attahed.
The pool is nice but, there is never a chair available, drinks are very expensive. Coffee was $4.28 for 1 cup, $12 frozed drinks which were very weak :( Our flight left at 5pm and we had to leave the pool at 11am, as our wristbands expired then!!! That sucked :( The casino is great, the class of people here are much better than what you would find on the boardwalk hotels.
The only downfall was the pool issue but it was 95 degrees and very humid so most people were at the pool trying to get some relief.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 20 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Water Club for 3 nights and it was amazing. The hotel is beautiful! Rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Beds were comfortable and sheets were amazing. Views of the Marina were awesome along with seeing Atlantic City Night Lights. Staff was always available to help as needed. Pools were a little small but clean. Pool service was great, waitress staff were wonderful! The Gypsy Bar had great bands and great prices on drinks! Casino was very clean, again staff was there if you needed anything. Lots of restaurants to choose from which are affordable. Weekends it gets crowded due to Club Mixx. Everything you need at the hotel you do not need to go out! I would definitely go back and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business