“Treated Badly - worse hotel experience I have ever had”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Ww wanted to go to a Luxury hotel to celebrate. We knew we would pay more for this hotel but we wanted to be treated well and enjoy a luxury hotel so we chose the Water Club.
Check in time 5:00 pm - Check out 11:00 am (most hotels check in at 3:00)
No coffee in room or offered. I had to either pay $9.00 for room service for a cold cup of coffee or get dressed and walk down 20 floors to the restaurant to "purchase" a cup. I ended up going to the Borgata and buying from there. (Heck even Howard johnson gives their guest complimentary coffee) I had a left over soda and yogurt that I bought and tried to put in the in -room Fridge, only to find it completely stocked with their liquor and if I moved something I would be charged! The shower was Luke warm at best and had mold growing up the side. When we booked the hotel we paid for an upgrade for the panoramic view. The view was of the hotel roof! The last straw was when I went to use the fitness room (I always choose a hotel that list the fitness room as an amenities) only to be told I would have to pay another 15.00 to enter. What scam, it was so bad we cancelled our next night and came home a day early. We did not want to spend another minute in a hotel that would treat its gust so poorly. Like I said we went there knowing we would pay top dollar to enjoy the luxury however, we received no luxury at all!! This hotel should be ashamed to treat its guest this way!!

4  Thank haysed
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

996 - 1,002 of 1,150 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2010

Had a great experience staying at the Waterclub at Borgata this weekend. Staff was actually really accommodating and nice which was the exact opposite of some other reviews. Defintely try to get a even number room. The views are awesome on that side of the hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Bathrooms are kinda small, but the shower makes up for it. After being in some of the other resorts in AC the WaterClub is by far the Most modern and nice in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This hotel really dropped the ball. First, I had confirmed reservations in two non-smoking king rooms booked thru my casino host. Upon check in, non-smoking rooms with a king bed were unavailable. Had no choice but to take a smoking room.

Woke up first morning covered in bed bug bites on my legs and chest/stomach. I had video and pictures taken by hotel security of said bites and my wife took them too. I was guaranteed that the hotel was not going to charge me for my weekend at the Water Club but 4 weeks later they charged my credit card over $800 for 2 nights in their dump.

They refused to answer my calls, emails and messages left. And my credit card company told me "too bad, you stayed their"

Really? The Water Club has not been responding to letters from my attorney either. Great hotel, but they really screwed me by not caring.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank PipeDoctor
Reviewed 26 August 2010

The last time I stayed at the Water Club was 18 months ago and it's still as nice as it was back then. We stayed during the weekday when they comp the rooms for players. Take note, the last time I played was 18 months ago and I was still able to get 2 free nights. If you pay for the rooms, yes they are expensive. It's a casino and they are there to make money so they will get you if you pay for the rooms or if you gamble. I guess the best way is on the night that you go and pay for your stay, sign up for a players card and play the same amount you paid for your room. One of two things... If you win, you get the money you paid for your room back. If you loose, you are on their list and you will get free rooms for at least a year. Either way, it's a good deal. Just bet with your head. Not over it.
Staff. I always say a well paid employee is a happy employee. Most employees there don't smile or don't care about us customers. My theory here is that they don't get paid much and they hate the people who gamble away their money while they get paid minimum wage. I put the blame on Borgata management for the staff's attitude.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank NYSpeedy_Gonzales
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed here and thought it was great!! The front desk staff was very welcoming, had no problems with check in or out and I was worried, based on past reviews. The rooms are gorgeous, the only suggestion would be to add a coffee maker. This would be the only place I would stay in Atlantic City, great for a romantic getaway!

Reviewed 26 August 2010

The hotel is beautiful, but I agree with the other reviews about the strict rules about pool useage...etc. You should also have the privelage to NOT stand online forever to get into the clubs since you have to pay an astronomical price to spend one night. I like that the restaurants are open late. The room had a wonderful smell that was also throughout the lobby of the hotel. I wish I knew what that was. Bed was super comfy. For a special occassion it was ok to splurge but I prob would not spend that amount again for one night in a room.

Reviewed 24 August 2010

As a person who has traveled world-wide and is a resident of NJ, I can tell you please don't waste your money on this hotel. The Water Club advertises a cut-above-the-rest hotel and it is sadly lacking. The lobby is beautiful but the most basic room is straight out of the Hilton. For $200 less I could have stayed there.
The people who work there really don't care and it shows from their no smiles, no greeting, and over-all 'whatever' attitude. The only friendly employees was Bell Services, because they actually have to hussle for their pay it seems.
You can not use their "pools" until their insane check-in at 4pm. Pools are in quotes because the outdoor pool is the size of a puddle and the larger one on the Borgata side is over run with children and dodgy guys.
If you want to go to their clubs, you have to pay a $20 cover and wait in line with all the people who aren't paying to stay there. For $400 plus a night, shouldn't a guest be able to skip a line and enjoy a no-cover status?
My over-all experience was disappointing. I stayed in a "finer" hotel to avoid the dregs of humanity in Atlantic City, but I just ended up feeling like I was fleeced, without even hitting the poker tables.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends