“Very good place to stay”

Bayview Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
London
“Very good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

There are hundreds of places to stay in Atlantic City, but there are some things to understand before you arrive, especially if like me, it is the first time you have visited. Atlantic City makes it big money on Saturday nights, so all hotels and Motels seriously increase the price per room on Saturday nights.
We tried about a dozen hotels, and all wanted $200 plus per room, but thanks to the Howard Johnson Inn, we were able to stay Saturday night.
We checked in at about 6 pm on the Saturday for two nights, and my goodness what a price difference ! Saturday night was $120 and Sunday was just $40 !
Our room was perfectly acceptable, and we were very glad to find this hotel. The staff are very good and kind no matter what race you are. Even the cleaning lady was very nice, thanks to Howard Johnson Inn for everything.

If you are on a budget, rule number one is, visit Atlantic City mid week and avoid Saturday night prices. Parking in Atantic City is a nightmare and can be expensive, so by staying in the Howard Johnson Inn, parking is free. Not all the casino's have free parking, Donald Trump's Plazza does have free parking, and his Taj Mahal is by far the best casino to visit.
The seafront is decked out, and its called a BROAD WALK ! there are many threatening beggars on the broad walk when it gets dark, and best not venture too far North of the Casinos, because within a hundred yards or so, the bottom falls out of the world and people from a different race to us hassle you for money. The Police there are not interested and do not want to appear to be racist, so do not count on their help.

Richard Kaminski.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio de Areco, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

If low price in Atlantic City is what your looking for stay at the Howard Johnson 1630n Albany Ave, its just a mile and half to the casinos.They also have free shuttle bus service to Tropicana. Manager Dickson Fernandes is very friendly and accommodating.
Quiet place nice rooms, free high speed wifi internet , Continental Breakfast,
easy parking and convenient location. That was very reasonable for us.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Collingswood, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

Now, we selected this hotel for the price. We had gone to AC for a friend's birthday, and just don't have the kind of funds to pay for a night out in Atlantic City AND drop 300 to 400 dollars a night for a hotel at one of the casinos. We weren't expecting a palace, but for a major chain, a clean bed for the night.

Now the service was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary, but the folks at the desk were pleasant. We walked into our room, and the smell was a mixture of mildew and litter box. (it took us a few minutes to pinpoint the latter part of that mix, but it hit us all at almost the exact same time. A regrettable conversation for sure). We chose to disregard it, as we were literally only going to be sleeping there.

Mistake. Big mistake. I got sick as a dog. I've got some bad allergies, but I've NEVER had the kind of situation where an allergen is resistant to my Allegra. Whatever mold or mildew they've got happening there did a number on me.

Again, other things considered, the appearance and state of the place is about what I expected for a hotel of that price, but that mildew could really hurt someone if they've got allergies worse than mine. I'm not sure if it's a common issue down there due to the moisture in the air, but definitely take that into consideration when making your choice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kittykat901

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

We saw this place on the net.Called and booked with HOJO,we had several contacts with them and the hotel directly.Three different people 3 different prices.They booked the wrong date and said it couldn't be changed.So an hour later we left, it was supposed to be the following day but got booked for that night.It was 12:30 when checked in so didn't notice much till next day.In morning we found mold on ceiling in the shower.The manager sent someone to wipe it off and they wanted us to stay in this room.Beside the mold the room was dirty had bugs and very outdated.After complaining we switcthed rooms.This room was cleaner but could be better,the shower drain was clogged and drained very slow.The cable went out and called the desk ,i had to move t.v. and cble box to hook directly to t.v. not room service.Overall very dirty horrible service not worth the price.Wife left cell charger in first room now it,s gone they said no one saw it.They are thieves aswell. DO NOT STAY HERE!We have complaint in with HOJO and have not got a response yet.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 71beach10
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

Perhaps at one time this place was nice. But despite the low rate and friendly manager I can't say I was happy here. I stayed in Atlantic City two nights but could only handle this place one night. When I entered the room I headed towards the sink to wash my hands. When I touched the spigot, it came off in my hand. I was moved upstairs. Although the bathroom was okay. The entire room sunk inward - very noticeable down wave crossing the room. The carpet was filthy. Bed was okay. I left early in the morning. The place gave me the creeps. Won't stay at any Wyndham brands anymore. Haven't found a good one yet.
HIGH SPEED INTERNET DID NOT WORK.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Tony77019
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

Darlenee, PA- MAY 8, 2010
This hotel gave us a room with towels so dirty that they looked like the floors were cleaned with them, also the tv was broke .The staff was very unfriendly, and rude...I lost my money in the vendon machine and the guy at the front desk was so unprofessional he told me it wasn't his problem.(with an attitude) The hotel was also located in an scary area. I would never recommand this hotel to anyone. I almost forgot the hotel had little bugs flying around.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank kisa2000
Brooklyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

dirty rooms, carpet sticky,all doors are broken like they have been knocked down in multipile police raids, bath tub clogged, the staff are thieves and will steal your money whatever you do if you have to go in this hell hole DO NOT PAY CASH!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Showboat Hotel
#17 of 50 in Atlantic City
Days Inn Atlantic City Oceanfront-Boardwalk
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites

Been to Bayview Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!