“Great date night hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chelsea

The Chelsea
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great date night hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Check in was easy just a little line.Lobby realky nice thought we at a trendy hotel in south beach but larger thats the feeling of it..nicely decorated.Valet parking a breeze a 10 dollar fee with in and out priviliges.Valets quick.Room clean nicely decorated most comfortable bed ever.we had a luxe Bayview King room 1106..from one widow if you looked right you can see the ocean other window you look out and see the bay have to stand at window to see views..Also you could see hotel pool right below from our room . Flats screen t.v.. leopard chair really comfortable to sit in. Walking in shower fits two fun to use..However water didn't get warm In the morning..but took two showers at night and we're warm we both enjoyed the shower and bed immensely. definately would go again got a Groupon for 75 Sunday night stay plus 10 credit used for parking plus solarium passes..solarium was okay kinda crowded but people nice at hotel we used it and thought was nice but not private enough..can't wait to go back..Thanks for a great stay. 5th floor really nice didn't use but walked around but would love to come again and try it do to scheduling short stay no time to do everything..

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Spicegirl35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We wer put in the annex section first and we hated it, thanks to Gary wer moved to the much nicer section. Not only that but we wer sent a bottle of chamainge for my husbands birthday, my husband was saprised nd i was glad that i took him to the Chelsea. ... have already shown picks and recommended this hotel.. Thank you Gary!

• Stayed January 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed at the Chelsea twice. Both times in the Summer. I have stayed in one of the Ocean view rooms and in the Annex. Ocean View as you expect is more luxurious (I think it is called, The Lux?, right) but the Annex room was fine, it was a clean and simple room. What I like about the Chelsea are the pools. They have a rooftop pool and they have a pool on the lower level that is heated. Both are great. I also like the cool, funky vibe of the hotel and the retro diner serves pretty good food. I also like how the Chelsea provides free beach chairs and towel service. Beach is right across the street. It should be mentioned this hotel does not have a casino but this does not bother me because after a night of gambling elsewhere it is kind of nice to retreat to the hotel without all the noise and smells of the casino. Two downsides are that it is more on the northern end of the boardwalk, so you are a bit out of the way from some of the better known attractions but not a huge deal and the registration and check out were took longer than expected. Overall, I am happy with the Chelsea and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarc1
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My coworker recommended this hotel since it is near the boardwalk and all the action. We really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in the Luxe tower. It had a nice, modern vibe to it. The room was clean and I liked the decor. No old, boring colors and gold lame here. The bathroom was great with a walk in shower. Love it. I can't stand tub/showers. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out their website for deals.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank precious_gurl
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our actual stay was nice. The room was clean (although a little dusty). We had booked a room in the Annex on a one day special but were upgraded to the main building, again nice.

My main complaint was being charged for my stay 72 hours before our arrival. The credit card was given as a guarantee against a no show. The hotel has no way of knowing if I wished to use that credit card (or even pay cash) upon arrival. There is no mention anywhere on the website about being charged for the room 72 hours in advance. When I called to ask about it- I was given the run around (transferred from reservations to front desk and then back to reservations again)- and the supervisor only told me "it was policy"- again, it's not anywhere on my confirmation email or the website. He did offer to refund my stay but I was concerned with our arrival being only a few days out- there would be an issue with payments being in transit so I declined. He also offered to "upgrade" me for "only $20 more!" but I declined. I was not interested in spending any additional money at the hotel. I emailed the manager and explained my concerns but no response from my email. Although- we were put in main building so perhaps that was management's response.
This was our 2nd stay at the Chelsea and I'm fairly confident it will be our last. Too much hassle and poor customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Heather D

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Hammonton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were impressed with the look of this hotel- updated in modern/Art Deco style. Warm welcome with fireplace in the lobby.
But, our shower didn'twork, no warm water even after maintenance came up to relight boiler. Manager said the most he could do was offer us $10 off the room. We had to get freezing cold showers before heading to our event. No offer of even another bathroom to use. Really disappointing.. This was a long-overdue special weekend away for us - and an indulgence. It is upsetting to not even be able to have a nice shower.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank DB1297
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice. Once is the older Annex section and this time is the newer main hotel. I prefer the main hotel of course. When I stayed in the Annex, it was a loud and there were fights in the hallway in the middle of the night. It is steps from the boardwalk and is perfect if you don't want to stay at a casino hotel. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. I would recommend having breakfast at Teplitzkys. You won't be disappointed. It's good Jersey diner food. Another reviewer mentioned an alarm going off around 1am saying it was safe to go back to your rooms. We never heard an alarm saying to evacuate either. I wonder if we were there the same night 1/11/14?

Room Tip: Avoid the Annex if youwant an updated room. If you like old retro than the Annex is for you
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple