“Good Experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“Good Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My friends and I checked in on June 29th. I was impressed by the hotel, from the lobby up to my room. Everything was modern, not tired and old like so many`of the older and more well known hotels. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. On my first night I had a problem with a neighbor playing music late (after 1am) in his room. After I alerted the front desk the noise was no more. The only drawback is that the hotel is a bit of a hike to the other hotels and casinos, but the exercise was good for me anyway (LOL)

Room Tip: I stayed on the 16th floor. My other two friends were in two other rooms on two separate floors. N...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Lebanon, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked through Priceline and got a very decent price. The whole stay was paid in advance but since we checked in very late, we had to take a room at the Annex( which they don't really advertise). This part of the hotel is 2 star at best and very run down needing major TLC. The next day we had A/C issues and then moved to our originally reserved rooms in the "Luxe Tower", which is what is shown in all pics on their website. These rooms were comfy and cool with loads of potential but again, needs a major remodel and sprucing up. The whole hotel is sort of retro cool and could be a real stunner if thoroughly cleaned and renovated. Staff was great! There are no freebies here. Parking, breakfast and cocktails are all pricey. The location is steps away from the sand and close to 1 mediocre casino. It's blocks away from the exciting end of the boardwalk. If all you want is a decent room right on the boardwalk, it's fine. Idk if I would necessarily recommend it or return though.

Room Tip: The rooms vary drastically between the "annex" and the "luxe tower". The annex i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank crazzeenurse
Belleville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived and the room key reader wasnt working. Had to wait for them to fix it. Lights were out on some signs and the hallway lights went out during our stay. Also there is only valet parking. I didnt have a broken winshield when I brought it there but it was cracked when I picked up the car. After a week of trying to contact someone they said they werent going to pay for the repair.

Room Tip: Book the tropicana which is close
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ad D
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your first time review of our property.

Since it is always important for TripAdvisor readers to hear from both sides of the table, your vehicle came in damaged, even so, we completed a full investigation. After your discussions with our front office manager and security manager, in which you made clear you were not happy with our response, we apologized. We are as disappointed as you are that it came we find ourselves here.
The Chelsea Management Team

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was the first time ever at this hotel-WORST experience I have ever had. As soon as I showed up the cards given by the front didn't even work on the room! I had to wait 20 mins upon my arrival for someone to fix it. Like are you kidding? There were so many things this hotel didn't provide that really should have been in the room. No fridge & no blow dryer. Not to mention the cleaning crew didn't even restock shampoo and soap the second day staying in the room. Also, the light in the room was broken. I requested a blow dryer 4x before one was sent up to my room. Oh let's not forget that as I was walking through the hotel at 10/11pm the entire hotel lost electricity lol that was a good one... And then when I went to leave not only did this hotel completely suck bc we had a special thing that gave us a late checkout at 1pm that they wouldn't allow (on paper and everything) but they wouldn't even let us keep our car in the lot (that we paid $10 a day - meanwhile every where else is around $10 just for the entire stay). And the cherry on top - they broke our windshield in the valet parking garage. I would recommend if you end up having to stay here you DO NOT park your car in Valet. Hope this review helps!!

Room Tip: I would recommend not booking a room in this hotel!
3 Thank Samantha F
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

We are disappointed to see multiple negative reviews posted in response to our honest service.

The Chelsea Management Team
Neptune City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love the decor of this hotel, it reminds me of a hotel in Miami Beach! Its right on the boardwalk and close to the casino's. The beds are very cozy! They offer a great happy hour that starts at 4pm...for example,wines are $5.00, beers $2.00 plus they have appies that are all under $5.00 each! A great way to end the day and begin the night! I just love how easy it is to get around this hotel and out onto the boardwalk compared to when you stay in a casino hotel. The area that the hotel is located in is very safe too.
We booked the package Life is a beach! It was awesome!!! Check it out! Free parking, Free beach chairs and umbrella's...food/drink voucher. You can't beat it!
And the staff...they are top notch! I'd like to thank....Ivy who was just the best waitress, so friendly and helpful. Mark the bartender at the Lobby pool, this guy is so sweet, funny and makes a GREAT dirty martini too! Jason is the supervisor at the restaurant...this guy knows Atlantic City! He's got a great personality and is just so helpful. Dana who works at the front desk is such a professional. And the bellhops are funny and helpful.
The only thing bad about our stay...........is.... we had to leave! Thanks for a wonderful, relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room they seem to be a bit larger.
1 Thank christine m
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My fiancé and I recently stayed at The Chelsea for a getaway in Atlantic City. Located next to the beach, the hotel was just a short trot out to the boardwalk. The Tropicana was just off to the side. We parked our car with the valet for our stay. The staff was very friendly and quick. The room was fun and swanky. The bed was super comfy. My fiancé and I had a great night's sleep. We had booked the hotel online so we also had been granted breakfast vouchers. The morning grub was tasty but nothing really special. The pools were fun, mostly for families. My only complaint was that the hot tub (which my fiancé was very excited about) was drained for cleaning when we tried to use it on the morning when we were checking out. The tub had been fully functional the day before. We had picked the Chelsea partially because of the spa. Needless to say we were disappointed. Sanitation is important, so no complaints there. Instead, though, the hotel should have cleaned the tub after hours. Or maybe they could have told us during check-in that the spa wouldn't be functional during certain times. Regardless, this was a minimal blemish on an otherwise great stay.

Be warned: do not stay in in the cheapo-deepo "annex" portion of the hotel. It is a cesspit of despair. Read some other review and you will get the picture. Instead go for the "luxe" section (where I stayed). You will be glad you headed my advice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Speechyguy
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We on went to Atlantic City unplanned and when looking for hotels we saw great reviews on The Chelsea. We found a great deal from a third party booking company and were very pleased overall during our stay. The service was great, the valet parking charge was very minimal ($10.00) and they were courteous and very patient when we were getting our belongings out of our vehicle. The front desk staff were very friendly. The overall décor of the hotel was very clean. The first floor pool was good. The spa area we did not utilize which had a hot tub, steam room and sauna, but it looked great from what we saw. The 5th floor pool was free to use during our time there but we were kind of shocked when we found out there was a charge to use the platform and cabana areas, both very steep prices, but if you can utilize that service more power to you. The beach area behind the hotel was very clean and very close. The boardwalk is right behind the hotel, it is a bit of a walk to the main attraction areas and casinos as this is a non gaming hotel, but still relatively close to some beach shops and some restaurants along the way. We ended up liking the Chelsea and Atlantic city so much we stayed another night and again booked another night through another 3rd party booking agent, and the staff at the hotel were nice enough to let us remain in the same room so we would not have to move our stuff. We were pleased overall with everything.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms per floor that have direct ocean views, there are some side view of the ocean...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank atj0880
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear atj0880,

Thank you for being our guest and for the Five Stars! We appreciate the high marks and for recommending us here on TripAdvisor! We couldn’t agree with you more about our location, it’s just perfect. We’re right next door to the Tropicana and only steps to the famous Atlantic City Boardwalk. Our staff will be pleased to read your kind words about the service you experienced. Now don’t be a stranger come back and see us again real soon.

Next time book direct by calling our Central Reservations Office at 800.548.3030
Best Rate Guaranteed!

All the best,
The Chelsea Management Team “Great service, location and hotel”