“Get injured at Qua? Don't expect them to care”

Qua Spa at Caesars Atlantic City
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My friends and I went to the Qua Bath Spa in AC for my 30th birthday. I have done the group deal before and was happy with it so I trusted this experience would be the same. Unfortunately I was let down. My friend showed up before the rest of us and when she went to the receptionist to inform her she was part of a group and there should already be a credit card on file, the reception (with attitude) told her she was wrong and there was no card on file and they wouldn’t treat her until she paid. When we arrived, we were brought to the waiting area and given our treatments. No complains about the treatment but at the end of the day, I went to use their shower and proceeded to open the heavy shower door when it unhinged and SHATTERED sending shards of glass all over the floor. If I hadn’t moved back I can’t say I would be writing this review write now from the comfort of my home. I did get some glass in between my sandals and was very shaken up. Needless to say, the relaxing massage and day at the spa went down the drain. Only one maintenance worker came to check on me. NOT ONCE did a manager come to the scene to make sure I was okay. Security came, I gave them a statement and for some odd reason, they refused to give me any copies so I had to take pictures of it with my phone. Oh and the best part, I was told that security spoke with management and they will not be charging me for the broken door. REALLY!? A billion dollar hotel would charge me for a door they should have fixed that nearly injured me? How sweet of you.

Additionally, since no representative from Qua was educated in proper customer service, I had to speak with the manager over the phone since she was at another facility. I was told my friends and I would get $50 passes for use of the Roman Bath the following day for my troubles…really, $50? I can’t even get a massage for $50, give me break. She then said they would cover 50% of my fee…an entire glass door shattered in front of me, ruining my massage and you still want me to pay? I had to drop the “my husband’s an attorney” line to get a full refund (after I was told they don’t normally give services for free). I’m not sure where they train their staff for customer service but having to fight for decent service after a facility that is clearly falling apart is horrible. Needless today, I will not be going back or recommending this place again.

6  Thank Nisha D

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have used the spa at Ceasars several times in the last few months and have been satisfied every time. The massage therapists have all been super professional and very friendly. The baths are very nice, steam room is well maintained and produces a lot of steam. Locker room is not large, but is really clean and the attendants have been great. I haven't had a bad experience yet- mid week specials are a great price, the daily use of the spa itself isn't cheap, but it's worth it.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had a great experience at Qua Spa a few weeks ago. I was greeted and toured by an attendant and I loved the idea of trying 3 different temperatures in the hot tubs. Had a great facial (in regards to the previous review they don't ask you specific areas in a facial because its just a shoulder rub, and no one wants a therapist who talks so describing the products as their applied is pure sillyness) so her review doesn't make sense to me. I also had a young girl but she had great pressure and was bubbly. I felt very welcomed by her. Also had a nice $99 special massage. My therapist said she couldn't go deeper as I would have liked a little harder but she was still kind and had a steady hand. I walked around the retail room when I was done and had a nice laugh with the front desk girl. Overall it was a really nice time and everyone there was happy and seemed to truly like their jobs. Will go back in a few months!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

This was my 2nd time using Qua Spa. It's fine. Mid-week specials are worth it, but at full price I'm not too impressed. Carpeting leading to spa was dirty. I noticed men having to be led around in their robes (for the woman's area to the treament room I ddid not have to walk about). I asked specific questions about what kind of facial the young lady assigned to me would recommend - but she was really very uncommunicative. Did not explain what products she was putting on me. never asked how I liked my pressure for the massage or if I wanted a specific area worked on (which in my experience are typical things one gets asked for a masaage). I like Caesar's - and will probably go again - but will definietly book only treatments that have specials available.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Supposedly, they re-did the spa but you couldn't prove it by me. It was not maintained, especially the pool area. They charge top-spa prices, but we were disappointed with the entire experience. The locker area is very cramped, and when it is crowded, impossible to navigate.