“Day at the Spa”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Day at the Spa”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went for the midweek deal Mon-Thur a hour massage for $99.00. It includes use of the spa area. The pool outside has lounge chairs and is adult only. The gym is small but has everything you need. The Qua Spa is a small spa but it has nice amenities including the the Qua pools, the steam room, sauna and lounge area. They offer fresh fruit and drinks.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Creativesensations

Rockland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I went yesterday May 7, 2014 to the Qua spa at Ceasar's in Atlantic city for a couple massage- the Kama Sutra one. The experience was very bad and today my whole back is bruised from the pressure the masseuse put on my back. First when i enter the female part to change into a rope,the robe that was given me was with stains and it was so worn off that i could see holes everywhere. The massage was supposed to be a gentle experience but instead the exfoliation was very painful and the massage instead of being nice and gentle it was rougher than a deep tissue massage and I did not ask for one. It felt horrible. I do not recommend this spa or any of their services. We spent 600 dollars on old torn ropes and Very painful massage. Never ever again. Do not waste your money there.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Lora M
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My friend and I pampered ourselves on our weekend getaway and it was well worth it! We were treated very well by all of the staff and really enjoyed our massages. The therapists are awesome and very professional! I loved spending time in the pools and showers after our massages.... So relaxing! I can't wait to go again!

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I went to Qua for a bachelorette so there were 8 girls who needed services. We booked ahead and asked for their special group package. Unfortunately we were unable to get our services at the same time. I didn't book it so I don't know if that was bc we booked late or they couldn't accommodate.

I paid about $158 including tax and tip and I chose a hot oil treatment and hot stone massage. The facilities are super clean and cozy. The bed I laid on was heated! Maureen was very friendly and answered all of my questions. My hair still feels soft and the massage was good. I was hoping it would've been more rough since many muscles are tight but maybe the hot stone massage doesn't allow for that? My other girl friends had a range of experiences. Many enjoyed the massages they had while one had a male that didn't massage hard enough.

After I finished my services I relaxed in the sauna, steamroom, jacuzzi, etc. included in the package was all day access to the pools and stuff. It was small but I liked how it was cozy and it wasn't crowded at all.

Overall I would recommend this spa. But Please keep in mind this is my first time at a spa so I have nothing else to compare to. But I had an enjoyable and relaxing time!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Get injured at Qua? Don't expect them to care”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My friends and I went to the Qua Bath Spa in AC for my 30th birthday. I have done the group deal before and was happy with it so I trusted this experience would be the same. Unfortunately I was let down. My friend showed up before the rest of us and when she went to the receptionist to inform her she was part of a group and there should already be a credit card on file, the reception (with attitude) told her she was wrong and there was no card on file and they wouldn’t treat her until she paid. When we arrived, we were brought to the waiting area and given our treatments. No complains about the treatment but at the end of the day, I went to use their shower and proceeded to open the heavy shower door when it unhinged and SHATTERED sending shards of glass all over the floor. If I hadn’t moved back I can’t say I would be writing this review write now from the comfort of my home. I did get some glass in between my sandals and was very shaken up. Needless to say, the relaxing massage and day at the spa went down the drain. Only one maintenance worker came to check on me. NOT ONCE did a manager come to the scene to make sure I was okay. Security came, I gave them a statement and for some odd reason, they refused to give me any copies so I had to take pictures of it with my phone. Oh and the best part, I was told that security spoke with management and they will not be charging me for the broken door. REALLY!? A billion dollar hotel would charge me for a door they should have fixed that nearly injured me? How sweet of you.

Additionally, since no representative from Qua was educated in proper customer service, I had to speak with the manager over the phone since she was at another facility. I was told my friends and I would get $50 passes for use of the Roman Bath the following day for my troubles…really, $50? I can’t even get a massage for $50, give me break. She then said they would cover 50% of my fee…an entire glass door shattered in front of me, ruining my massage and you still want me to pay? I had to drop the “my husband’s an attorney” line to get a full refund (after I was told they don’t normally give services for free). I’m not sure where they train their staff for customer service but having to fight for decent service after a facility that is clearly falling apart is horrible. Needless today, I will not be going back or recommending this place again.

Visited July 2013