1,468 results
All reviewstun tavernmiss americaclub leveltrain stationoutlet storesself parkingsaturday nightcrownsboardwalkacpageantjitneyexpresswayconveniencebellmanconcertgarage
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Whether you're visiting Atlantic City for the casinos, beach or it's shops, the Sheraton can't be beat for location. It's within walking distance to everything & the hotel itself is one of the best in this city.

Everyone has a "choice" whether or not they visit a particular place & if its so "nasty" then they have the choice not to return. Only ignorant people would judge an entire state as a whole by a hotel's front desk staff....

I have stayed at this hotel twice & have never had any issues with the rooms or service. If you're looking to stay in Atlantic City & want to be near everything this hotel is a good choice. Don't let negative & stupid reviews turn you away from an exciting city in an AWESOME state, visit for yourself & make you're own opinion;)

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank SkinnyMintyGurl
Management response:Responded 27 September 2011

It’s a real pleasure reading reviews such as yours.I am so thrilled that you experienced and enjoyed Atlantic City! On behalf of the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel staff and management, thank you for making us your "choice"! I will definitely share your comments with our team.
We look forward to having you as our guest when you find yourself back in Atlantic City.
Please contact our Executive Office we can assist you with return arrangements.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

The hotel in away from the strip which is nice, because there's not as much traffic to deal with. And, it's across from the convention center, which if I were attending a convention would be perfect, because you can walk to it. It is also across the street from a homeless shelter and I have to say that I wasn't real comfortable walking to my car in the parking garage and seeing all these men hanging around. The hotel does not offer parking for free. As a SPG Gold (almost Platinum) member, I expect that I shouldn't have to pay $14 to self park, per day or $20 per day to valet park. I originally chose the self-park, but after one experience with these men hanging out as I went back to my car, I changed to the valet. Again, I sure don't like the idea of paying $80 in parking for my stay, but I'm traveling alone and it is what it is. I asked the front desk if they would validate my parking and they said they could not.

Now, to the room. The hotel is REALLY in need of a makeover. Starwood should be ashamed of the condition on this hotel. In my room, one of the pillows had either a rust stain, or blood on it. I tossed that pillow aside. And, as I do with all hotel rooms, I did my own self-clean, just to make the germaphobe in me more comfortable. However the room was seriously beat up. The rug is filled with obvious stains of all sorts and needs to be replaced. God only knows what is living in it! The walls under the window overlooking the city were marred with black marks, perhaps from someones shoes, a kid climbing on it to look out the window, the maids vacuum, whatever...it need to be painted. Even the walls in the closet were filled with dark marks. Photos of pillowcase, floor and walls coming soon for your viewing displeasure.

The room was quiet and I slept well. The next morning, as I was preparing for my day, I heard what I thought were 2 people having a loud conversation in the hallway, but I only heard one person talking loudly. I wondered why on earth someone was just standing in the hall for so long and talking, can't you just go in your room?? Turns out it was the hotel maid with the phone in her ear, having a loud conversation as she was cleaning the room across from me.

The Boulevard Cafe for breakfast was nice. The wait staff was helpful and the menu varied. I can't say anything about lunch or dinner, as I was not at the hotel for those meals.

The little office area that they have with about 4 computers was convenient and I was able to print my boarding pass out with no problem.

The valet service was prompt and efficient, except for one time when I returned to the hotel at almost 1am, I had to go and look for the valet. He was inside, sitting back in a chair and chatting or texting on his phone. Again...1am, numerous men hanging out by the garage...yes, I'll pay your $20, but I will not be happy about it.

Upon checking out, I did fill out the little comment card and wanted to give it to the front desk clerk, but there was a customer there who was busy chatting and the customer service person was doing what they were paid to do...listen. No, I'm not upset with the front desk, they were providing that customer the service that they were paying for. So, I left the comment card along with my room card in the key drop box.

Would I stay there again? Yes, for convenience, it's easy and quick to get to from the airport and my friends are just a little over a half hour North and my family about a half hour West. To stay in the City, and in the casino area would have added at least another 15-20 minutes to my trip, regardless of which direction I was heading in.

I do however, recommend that the corporate office of Starwood/Sheraton go check out there hotel. It wasn't just the rug in my room that needs cleaning (preferably replacing) it was the rug in the hallway, the rugs in the elevators...they're all nasty.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Let me start by saying, I do not visit Atlantic City by choice. I have to go every year for a trade show. When are the event coordinators going to realize Atlantic City is, to quote the Honey Badger.... Nasty! So my latest approach is to try a new hotel every year, hoping that one year, I may find someplace that is maybe just acceptable. Trump Taj = NOOOOO!!!! Sheraton Atlantic City = Uhhh, not the best. Checked in, front desk staff not very friendly, but we are in New Jersey so that is to be expected. Went up to the room. It was straight dirty. Hair in the sink, toilet, bed, tooth brush splatter on the bathroom mirror and other sink items, the place looked like it had not been vacuumed in a month. I am not sure the bathroom had even been cleaned. It needed some serious attention. There main entryway lamp was broken and could only be turned on and off by plugging and unplugging, and the TV would turn on at a blaring loud volume, but did not respond to the remote control or the button on the TV itself, so the only way to make it stop was to unplug it. There is no wireless internet in the rooms. You have to actually plug in and pay $10 or $20 a day for the being tied to the desk. Overall, just about everything in the room needed to be plugged or unplugged to work! The walls are paper thin. I could hear the conversation of the guests in the room next to me word for word. They had some interesting gambling strategies!

Sheraton Atlantic City does not come close to meeting regular Sheraton standards. I do not know what it is about Atlantic City that make places just not even want to try.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend on a trip to Atlantic City. It was a Saturday night and everywhere was still summer expensive, so I used Starwood points and we stayed for free (7K pts which wasn't bad). The room was comfortable and clean, and we had a nice view of the city skyline. It is very convenient to the outlets to shop, and the Tun Tavern Brewery right there is nice for a beer. I don't know if I would have wanted to pay what the Sheraton was listed at for that night, but overall, I have no complaints about anything. We took a taxi over to the Trump Taj Mahal for dinner and to do some gambling, and I was surprised how much that was--the Taj is not a far taxi ride at all (we maxed out both ways, i.e. $13 + tip each way--would have been cheaper to just drive over and park, but we wanted to have a few drinks). If you're going to an event at the Convention Center, this is definitely a great choice or if you're taking the train down since it's right across from the station--no noise issues, though. Also, I noticed a lot of people with their dogs, so I guess they allow them at the hotel which is nice for anyone who may need that (not sure what the policy/rules are).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 September 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I’m so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. I’m also glad that you had a chance to use your SPG points for your stay. The SPG program has some great perks! Amazing way to travel the world! Please feel free contact our Executive Office when your travels find you back in Atlantic City!

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We booked The Sheraton because the price was perfect (at first) and it was my boyfriends birthday. We wanted to book a king room. One rep told us there were but online showed them being available. We called back and were told a king would be available and that we would have it for the same price as the double we were forced to book instead. We arrived at the hotel and were told that there were no kings available and the king they did have was on the club house level and would cost an extra 150 for the two nights. This was needless to say displeasing. But we still enjoyed the room. Beds were comfy. Shower was nice. Everything is within walking distance. You do have to pay for parking. Room Service was on point. And my boyfriend appreciated the TV. I would say I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2011