1,468 results
All reviewstun tavernmiss americaclub leveltrain stationoutlet storesself parkingsaturday nightking bedcrownsboardwalkacpageantjitneyexpresswayconveniencebellmanconcert
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stepping into the Sheraton, Atlantic City Convention Center, is like stepping back into the late 70s/early 80s. Unnecessarily large - and therefore cold and stark - public spaces and the impression that nothing has been changed or improved since it was first opened.

Compared with Sheratons in Asia (which are generally quite luxurious) this was very middle-of-the-road, and certainly not luxurious.

Rooms on the SPG level are large and the beds and linens are very comfortable; however, the lack of ANY printed hotel information was extraordinary. I even had to call the front desk to find out whether the hotel had a restaurant that would serve breakfast (it did, Boulevards Cafe). I opted for the buffer breakfast (a la carte was also available) but it was a desperately limited and unappetizing affair (however, in the midst of mediocrity, the chef DID manage to provide hot, fluffy scrambled egg - something that many hotels seem to find impossible at their breakfast buffets - although, on the other hand, their large tray of cheese omelet from which you cut a portion, was gross). I was amused to see on the Sheraton website that Boulevards is described as "warm and relaxing" ... "warm" is the last word I would use to describe the large, cold, plain space; and "warm" is hardly a word to use when the buffet area is separated from the rest of the room by numerous heavy steel chains! Not MY idea of warm!

I subsequently found that the breakfast information (and other hotel info) could be found on one of the TV channels ... if you were prepared to wait as it cycled through all the info.

Trying to find something positive to say ... If you are a fan of the Miss America competition, then this is the hotel to visit as they have a display of some of the gowns worn by Miss America over the years. And the other obvious positive: if you're attending an event at the Atlantic City Convention Center, the Sheraton is right alongside ... from the Convention Centers Door 6 to the Sheraton Front Door - is about a two minute stroll.

Worst part of the stay? Finding that one of the two complimentary bottles of water had already been opened and part-used, despite sitting with on the tray with its "complimentary" label still affixed to its neck.

To sum-up: Not a bad hotel in any area. Good, or at worst, adequate, in most areas. But cold and lacking soul in such a fun city.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 17 October 2011

Thank you for using Trip Advisor and relating your experience here at Sheraton Atlantic City. You will be happy to know we are in the process of re-decorating our public spaces. We apologize for your guestroom concerns during your stay and have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping. We hope you’ll come visit us again soon and enjoy our new décor! Please feel free to contact our Executive Office and we will happy to assist with your return visit! See you soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Those people who paid less won't complain. Rooms are nice but not what's expected from Sheraton standards. If you want comparatively cheaper room than other great hotels in Atlantic City, then go for it.
Pros: Location- Just across convention center so parking problem is solved; 5 mins walk to outlet mall and may be hardly 10 mins walk from the boardwalk. All good restaurants are located nearby and due to its location in heart of Atlantic City, you would be comfortable walking at night when outlet mall is totally dead.
Cons: Running water sound through walls and people's talk from near by rooms and if somebody is walking upstairs than may god bless you. You may see some stains on the carpet, and bathroom is not one of its kind. I personally wasn't impressed. But as said, being comparatively cheaper than other hotels in Atlantic City, I wouldn't complain much.
Deal is, you will survive nicely, given the situation you didn't pay lot.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This hotel has very nice rooms but it lacks a casino and the parking situation is a pain. The rooms are relatively new and modern and nice. The elevators are slow, and when there is alot of people checking in or out, you may have to wait 10 minutes before you can get on. They have no parking lot, so you have to park across the street in a private garage. Even though it may be hassle, I would stay at this hotel instead of most casinos because the rooms here are nicer.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed a couple of nights in Atlantic City at this hotel and it was ruined on the first night by a group of revellers having a drunken Frat Party in a neighbouring room at 3am. Having said that when we called reception the security gurads were up and had it stopped within 5 minutes. However this has jaded my opinions of the hotel. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and clean and the hotel was very nice. My only gripes are having to pay for parking and for internet in our rooms. I can understand the parking as it is at a premium in AC but internet? come on! I know you can get free internet in the lobby but charging people $10 a night just for that privilege really sucks. When the "lower star" rated hotels all give free wifi why can't the supposed better category hotels do the same.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rikk S
Management response:Responded 17 October 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We are very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the folks in the next room but happy that our security department was able to resolve the situation so quickly. Thank you for your comments regarding our parking and internet charges. Our hotel guests do have the option of free Wi-Fi in our lobby as well as complimentary access to computers and printer in our Link business center located on our second floor. If your travel plans bring you to Atlantic City again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Upon booking the Sheraton I was excited and had high hopes. Over all I felt a little let down. Parking was a real pain. No one tells you to park behind the train station and under the building across the street "convention center". Once you find parking its definitely a little hike to the front door. Not a New York city hike but a hike none the less. If I were a single lady or lady traveling alone. I would not feel safe at all walking to my car. When exiting the back side of the parking area, we were hit up by homeless people wanting money. Having only my Debt card I could not give them any money. I had been to the grocery store to buy food for the next few days which was still in my trunk. When I offered him food he got angry. Once you walk into the Hotel the lobby is amazing and really makes you feel like you in a large Vegas style hotel. Check in goes really fast if you book and pay ahead of time. I had a suite on the top floor. The room was very nice but the carpet had many many stains, and the shower didn't drain. If you took along shower you would have to stand knee deep in your own filth. Also if you want to gamble you will have to drive as the casinos are some distance away. Room service was ok at best. Over all I would stay here again but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your helpful feedback. We are very sorry that you felt let down by your recent stay with us. We have taken your observations to heart and shared them with both our Housekeeping and Engineering Departments. Our high hope is that your travels will bring you back to Atlantic City, to stay with us to see our improvements. Please feel free to contact our Executive Office to assist with your return arrangements. Safe Travels!