“A nice break from the casinos”

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Fairfield, Connecticut
“A nice break from the casinos”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton this past weekend for two nights. My husband I have stayed here a number of times in the past and have always been pleased with our stays. It's a calming break from the smoke and noise of the casinos, and is always clean and pleasant. The location isn't bad either. It's close to the outlets and not a bad walk to the boardwalk, especially on a sunny day. We took cabs to the casinos at night, averaging about $10 a trip (before tip).

On this particular trip we stayed on the club level. It wasn't much more than a regular room and included free WiFi. And the free afternoon snacks and continental breakfast was a nice plus.

My only complaint would be that when I went to take a nice, long relaxing shower (something very important as I usually have my 3 year old asking me every 30 seconds how much longer I will be!), the shower made a horrible loud shrieking noise then starting shaking and banging. I made mention of it to the front desk when we headed out for the day and he said he would have engineering take a look at it. However, that evening when I showered, I had the same result. I didn't push the issue, but I should have.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We have shared your comments about the shower with our Engineering team and they are working to make sure this is fixed for our future guests. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to AC.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed in room 921 with our dog in November. The hotel was very quiet this time of year. Room didn't at all smell like other pets had been in it. Average size, 2 double beds. No kitchen, no fridge but we were only there for one night. Great view of the tall casino hotels and distant view of ocean. Outlets are right outside the door. Parking was $14. Although adjacent lots seemed cheaper, if not free because of the time of year. Walk to the beach is about 10 minutes. No problems with cleanliness of room or hotel itself. Checkout is 12:00. Late checkout fee is $50 extra. We paid $75.00 for the room (75 rooms for $75 special). No extra cost for your pet but you are not allowed to leave them in the room alone. You have to sign a waiver stating if you do, the hotel has the right to remove your pet and charge you $100 for it. So be careful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We are so glad to hear we were able to welcome you and your dog during your recent stay at the Sheraton Atlantic City. We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed everywhere in Atlantic City, and my husband and I are both in the hotel industry in D.C.. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience at the Sheraton. Very clean, and great location--very close to the outlets, and an easy walk to the Boardwalk casinos. Our views from our suite were incredible. It was nice to come back to a well-appointed real hotel after a long and sometimes lively evening. It is without a doubt my new favorite in AC. We'll be back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your kind comments about your recent experience with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to your "new favorite Hotel in AC!"
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed with my stay from the start.

1. $14 for parking, but the parking area is across the street and through the convention center. You have to go through 4 sets of doors. If you have more than 1 bag you will hate life trying to get everything to your room. The doors aren't even automatic. Luggage carts are for valet only.

2. They charge $10 per day for in room wifi. This is the first hotel I've stayed at in 5 years that didn't offer free wifi throughout the entire hotel. There is no refrigerator in the room. If you want one it's an additional $25 per day charge.

3. Plumbing sucks. Shower head could double as a sand blaster. I'm lucky to have skin left. Tub wouldn't drain and I had to stand in my soapy water. Pipes were banging. Toilet barely flushed. Oh and you can enjoy hearing everyone else's toilet on your floor flushing throughout the night.

4. Room was hot and muggy. The thermostat must be motion controlled. We set it to cool the room while we went to eat. It shut off while we were gone and the room stayed hot and muggy. Tried again when we got back. After 3 hours the temp dropped 2 degrees. Barely dribbles cold air. You can barely feel it with the fan on high standing directly in front of it. Needless to say I barely slept and I sweated all night.

5. Want a beer and lunch? Tun Tavern is the attached restaurant. They charge $5 a beer for house tap in a 12 ounce glass. It's not impressive beer either. The seasonal tasted like watered down Guinness with apple juice poured in it. 4 people ate lunch, bill was over $100.

6. Apparently, even if you don't drink the water sitting on the table in the room, the hotel will still charge you $2 for it. I tried to resolve that today. Call #1 connected me with someone who told me they couldn't transfer me and that I had to call back. Call #2 rang for 10 minutes with no answer. Call #3 got me to accounting with no answer. Left a message. No call back.

7. Tried to take a picture of the city from the room. Couldn't even do that. Windows were filthy and the camera wouldn't focus past the dirt caked on the window.

This was my first stay with the Sheraton in AC and it will be my last. I've had better experiences and service at a Holiday Inn. I've stayed at Bally's, Trump and Borgata. All much better choices.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jason M
We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your recent stay. We would like the oppurtunity to discuss your stay with you further,please contact our Executive Office.

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Let me say I've been an SPG (Sheraton's parent company) member for over 15 years. I've been a platinum member and enjoyed every perk that goes along with that. So I've gotten used to having exceptional service and an immediate response and resolution if there is an issue with any stay at any of their properties. This review is about my last stay at the Sheraton Atlantic City, I was in AC for a Tech convention and of course I was going to stay at the Sheraton, check in was fine, but later that evening I decided to take a shower and turned on the water the pipes were banging so loud I thought the pipes were going to come through the ceiling, I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I thought maybe it's water pressure. I should've called the front desk but I didn't, because from previous experience I know they would've moved me to another room and I didn't feel like moving into another room at 9:00pm. So, not to bother the other guest (yes it was that loud) I waited until the morning to shower and the pipes were just as loud at the night before, but I took my shower and called the front desk and explained the situation and was told by the front desk clerk that they would "comp" my parking and for me that was satisfactory. Once I checked out I received my email receipt and went back to the convention, once I arrived home I received an “updated" email receipt and this receipt included a charge for a meal in the hotel restaurant. I called the hotel and explained the situation and also inquired about the "comp" for parking which had no been applied to either receipt. I was transferred to the accounting dept. and was told they couldn't pull my "slip" from the restaurant for 24 hours and that I would receive a call back the next day (that was October 23rd), I'm still waiting for that call. I'm a solutions oriented person so I'm going to resolve this today, but I wanted to let the Sheraton know that whether I'm a platinum member or a standard member, staying on the club level, paying with points or cash and points we should all receive the same service......yes/no? Also the Sheraton should lower the price of the $9.99 slice of carrot cake, because after room service it's over $15.00 and that's absolutely ridiculous for a thinly sliced piece of cake. I expect prices like that from a financially burdened hotel like the Revel not from the Sheraton.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are so sorry to hear about your experience during your recent stay. We have shared your comments with our team members and are working to improve our service in the areas you have mentioned. We strive to make sure all our guest feel welcome and comfortable here.
We would like to make sure we did indeed fix your bill as we promised. Please contact our Executive Office so we can make sure given you everything we promised.
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton, and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. It's located a block away next to the Tanger Outlets mall, so very convenient for shopping! Also the Tun Tavern adjacent to the hotel had great burgers and craft beers. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet ... definitely will stay there again in AC!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We are delighted to hear our team was able to welcome you and make you feel at home during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another comfortable stay.
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for a convention this week and overall my stay was just fine. Check-in was smooth, I requested an early check-in of noon, and it was accomodated. The room was spacious and very clean. I opted not to have housekeeping for the first day and I got a $5 voucher toward any of the hotel's restaurants. The walls are pretty thin, and the toilet flushes are very loud, I was occasionally woken up by the sound of other bathrooms, but I wouldn't say it severly impacted my stay. I was annoyed that they charged for internet, though - you can definitely go elsewhere and get free wifi. The AC outlet mall is right around the corner which was great, easy to walk to! The Tun Tavern attached to the hotel was also very good - had an excellent burger and beer there. The other Cafe inside was the same menu as room service - overpriced, but expected ($14+ for an omelette!). I would stay again if I attend another conferece in AC.

Room Tip: If you skip housekeeping "going green" you get a $5 voucher toward a restaurant at the hot...