Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am not one to gamble, so Atlantic City is not high on my list of places to go. However, I won a one night stay at the Sheraton in Atlantic City. So we booked it for one night. Parking was easy and convenient at the Convention Center directly across the street. Parking is $15 per night, and you can come and go as you wish during your stay and not pay any more than the the daily fee. The hotel gives you a card to insert to open the gate in the parking garage.
The check in was easy and the staff was very friendly. Our room was ready well befor the posted 4 pm check in time. We had a room on a Club Floor. The club floors are 15 and 16. As a club member you get complimentary light appetizers between 4 and 7 pm, and complimentary Continental Breakfast in the am. Both were very nice, The room was spacious, clean, well appointed. There is an indoor pool and workout area.
It is a good 4 block walk to the boardwalk, but very convenient to the Convention Center, Train, shopping.
The bed was very comfortable, and had the best down pillow I ever slept with!!

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the city. Otherwise your view will be of the convention Center
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very comfy and clean. The view of the city was fantastic. The price was great. The location as opposed to the other casino hotels this spot gave a great secluded feel..Why do I say be careful? Well to be short it all started at check in..the "excuse me sir your card is not working"...so EMBARRASSING and Mohammed whom called it out loud in front of my girlfriend on our 5 year anniversary and his colleague and other guest waiting behind me. Not discreet at all and it was his mistake after having me call my platinum status credit card company in front
of him and on speaker phone to prove more than enough
funds were available to cover my stay. As most hotels a hold was put on for $100.00 in case I had incidents or ordered room service. Room service was called on I believe day 3 into my stay for a small order of say $26.oo ..why did the food come n delicious might I add along with a manager of some type stating my food was not paid for or covered and that it needed to be paid right away .. EMBARRASSING! Found all this out via my girl because she came out of pocket while I was getting
ice ...What was the deposit for ???? Lastly checked out.. they said drop off key your all set n paid for..Great! NOT ...called about my deposit that was supposed to be on hold n was not used due too room order incident....another slap in the face by Danielle(with company almost 7 years) in accounting stating that the Sheraton was keeping my $100 and they were going to take another $155.00 out of my account because there was an over site and that my rooms were in fact not paid for.. Yeah CRAZY!!...She was rude , unapologetic, kept saying my card was declined, made me feel like I was broke and with no actual funds to pay .. as if she was a debt collector harassing someone for thousands of dollars. .I was appalled , and disgusted, shocked and totally pissed because I was
no longer in AC. Nadir Ahmet hotel manager was not available for comment. She wouldn't even let me speak to him. She would nt even provide her last name.. just bad ..you can feel my frustration. Other than that spot was totally Awesome!! .. p.s Yes they got their money but wait till I visit again :):):) Hotel has not gotten back to me since and trust me I was calm and collect the whole time. Michaelmoise09@yahoo.com

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank riko l
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Please contact our Executive Office to share more.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed at other AC hotels, but none of them could come close to my stay this past week. We were celebrating a 21st birthday of my granddaughter. First, the two connecting rooms were awesome (beds very comfortable) and second, the staff was so helpful and always smiling and wanting to help whenever we had a question. We left the room for a great breakfast buffet downstairs, and when we came back our room had already been cleaned. I'm saying this because that hardly happens anywhere I have stayed. If you like to shop, this is the best place to stay, just a couple short blocks and you are in the middle of the Tanger sidewalk outlets. If you like to gamble just add two more blocks and you are on the boardwalk and beach, both of which we enjoyed. Last words would be, check out the Sheraton in Atlantic City before you make your reservations anywhere else. We know we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank crosslr38

First let us say Happy 21st Birthday to your granddaughter! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel to celebrate her special day! We look forward to welcoming you all back for another "Wonderful" stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Decent hotel considering price/location*time of the year ratio. We checked in for two nights and we had a good time. Here are some of the pros and cons I've experienced.

Pros:
1-Quick check-in and check-out (under 5 mins)
2-Friendly staff
3-Great location (near outlets and walking distance to the boardwalk and beach area)
4-Somewhat clean rooms (see cons)
5-Professional and prompt response from the hotel manager for an issue we had with one of the rooms.

Cons:
1-The hotel needs some serious renovations, it is surely showing its age.
2-Rooms were clean but had some stains on the walls, one of the chairs had some accumulated dust on it and one of the power outlets didn't work. My Bluetooth headset didn't charge overnight due to this outlet not working. (Minor stuff but it's worth mentioning)
3-No on site parking available, must park car across the street at convention center and it's a good 7 mins walk from the parking area to the hotel. ($15+tax a day to park your own car and $25+tax a day for valet parking.)
4-No matter what time of the day we checked, hotel pool was always crowded.
5-WiFi charge, although I didn't need it because I had an alternative way to connect to the cyber world, but it's just amazing how in 2014 some hotels still charge for WiFi.

Would I stay there again?
Well, it will all depends on rates and availability in other hotels. But overall not a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Moe K

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. We use these comments to help improve our service for our guests. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to AC.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My daughter and I booked a one night stay at this hotel purely because of the proximity to the site of the New Jersey Bar Exam. Many other test takers had the same idea. The hotel itself was fine, but it bugs me that after paying close to $200, in this day and age, the room did not have free wi-fi.

My major beef is with room service. There was a door hang-tag on the bed for ordering breakfast the next morning. We completed the order and put it out as instructed. The next morning, breakfast never came and we were never notified that it would not be coming. I tried calling room service and got a busy signal for over 1/2 hour. By that time, it was too late, and my daughter had to leave for the exam.

When I checked out, I relayed this information to the desk clerk. He told me not to be too upset, I wasn't the only person who hadn't gotten breakfast. Because of the NJ Bar, room service was swamped with breakfast orders and simply couldn't fulfill them. He also said we should have been notified in time to make alternative arrangements, which we were not. The charge was not billed to the room, and we were given free parking ($15.00/night) for our trouble.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We have shared your concerns with our team and will make sure that our future guests. We hope you and your daughter will choose to stay with us again to see our improvements.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was close to outlet mall and restaurants but the hotel layout doesn't accommodate easy access. Can't get in hotel unless you walk all the way around. Parking is reasonable at $15 for self parking but have to walk under convention center to get to car. The pool and hot tub were seriously lacking. Hot tub jets wouldn't work and area wasn't well kept, pool was freezing and small. Nice landscaping and Miss America exhibits. The hotel staff was friendly and gave me great directions and recommendations.

Tip for the beach: The Revel is a nice place to park and go to the beach. Easy parking and nice beach with chair and umbrella rentals.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We use these comments to help us improve for our guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to AC.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Sent my retired parents down to AC for a few days booked through hotels.com for a great price. They reported the room was very nice, bed awesome, but on the last night they awoke to a horrible gas smell in the bathroom. They were moved to another room in the middle of the night and told they would be comped for their trouble.

Only problem was when they went to check out and asked about being comped for the trouble, the front desk kept sticking to the lame "not in the computer" excuse, refusing to do anything until they insisted to speak to a manager who still tried the "computer shows you moved, but no one made a note" story. They eventually relented and claimed they comped something which I'm going to assume was a lie to get them away from the counter.

Parents are easy going folks and understand that things happen, but to essentially act like two elderly people would just change rooms for fun in the middle of the night and decline to offer anything due to the night shift to day shift communication failure is poor service. Management had the opportunity to make things right and instead chose to act as though they were lying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so sorry to hear about your parents experience. Please contact our Executive Office so we can make sure that they have received exactly what was promised to them.