“Great location. Better than being stuck in the casinos”

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bear, Delaware
“Great location. Better than being stuck in the casinos”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

If you want a gorgeous luxurious hotel to stay at in AC, this isn't probably going to be the best for you. This is a great hotel close to shops and good restaurants - it's a short walk to beach boardwalk casinos. Views are lovely of beach casinos etc. I liked the room. Even though the decor is starting to look a little dated. Sheets feel so nice - the shower was awesome - I slept very well so the little double bed must have had a decent mattress - be warned I was not given a king nor queen but a horrid double bed - 2 in fact and there was only me in it??? I might conclude in mentioning I noticed considerable stains on the halfway carpet when exiting the elevator and I think housekeeping could have done a little xtra cleaning in my room. But if you can get a room here at a good rate. Go for it. You'll enjoy the area it's in more so than the other hotels/casinos.

• Stayed August 2014
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about your recent stay. We have shared you comments with our team and will make sure we take care of the items you have mentioned for our future guests. We hope to have you back as our guest soon on your next trip to AC.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
Madison, NJ
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had stayed in this hotel about 10 years ago and it was very pleasant. I returned for one night on August 14th for a business obligation the next day, and I was put in a room with a door to an adjoining room. The sound from one room easily passes into another.
The person in the next room was coughing continuously for a half hour, so I went to the desk at about 9 p.m and asked to have my room changed. The desk listened to an audio I had made inside my room and one person nearby commented that the cough sounded like a dog barking. Although it was still early and there were 50 open rooms, I was told that the hotel was oversold and there was no place to move me to. I asked to speak with the manager on duty, and she came out and said "you have been in the room for 2 hours". I explained that the ill person had gotten there about a half hour before-- I couldn't anticipate when I entered the room that there would be noise next door 2 hours later. She said that they did not have any housekeeping to make up the room for anyone else (although it's a large hotel with 500 plus beds). They refused to move me, although they offered to comp the parking. I told them that the parking charge would not make up for a night with noise like that, but they would not make a change.
What was surprising was the total lack of concern exhibited by the manager on duty that night. She either was truly uncaring, or so accustomed to saying no, that she could not even pretend to apologize. I asked what would have happened if the toilet had stopped working-- how would they address a concern in the room when booked beyond capacity?
The carpet had stains in many places, although the bed was quite comfortable.
The Sheraton does not have a casino and is not on the boardwalk so its rates have always been favorable. If you have a room with no problem, you might be fine here. If you have a room with a problem, don't even expect "I'm sorry" or anything to lessen the problem.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MadisonMama
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We are so sorry to see that your recent experience with us was not what you expected. We would really like to discuss your stay with you. Please contact our Executive Office to share more.

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice hotel in a great location. Close to casinos, the boardwalk, shopping, the Sheraton does not disappoint. Within walking distance of Tanger outlet stores including Coach and loft, and a few minutes walk from casinos and the boardwalk. The boardwalk featured restaurants located within a few hundred yards of the beach.

Room Tip: Children's dance competition held weekend we were there, but beyond some running up and down the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TK37
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "nice" stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I really feel bad that I had such low expectations for this hotel. I stayed with friends for one night which we planned as a last minute get away to AC. It actually was a great hotel. The hotel is quite new and was in great shape, no wear and tear. It feels spacious and contemporary. The decor is pleasing and comfortable and our room was also very comfortable and was a nice size. The bathroom could have been a little nicer. The shower had bad water pressure and it was really tiny. Otherwise it was nicer than the average Sheraton I've stayed in lately. We were on the concierge floor, close to the amenities offered there which was a great benefit. Everyone here was pleasant and I am happy with the service we received during our brief stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank anthonytravels
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to AC.
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at this Sheraton Atlantic City in August 2014 for business training. The hotel is very nice in a very ideal location. We were steps away from the outlets and within walking distance to casinos and the beach. (what more can I ask for on a business trip?!) The only thing that slightly concerned me was the thinness of the walls. I could hear EVERYTHING my neighbors were saying and doing. In fact I could even tell they were playing video games because I could hear them pushing the buttons!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to AC.
North Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for 4 nights in august,if you want to shop its the perfect place as the outlets are a 3 min walk,but the boardwalk is about 15 min.We stayed in a king room on the 14th floor which was a very nice and large room.Our only complaints was the walk to the boardwalk and the price of breakfast(16.95)for 1 buffet .Overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to AC doe another "nice trip"
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We checked into the Sheraton after a disappointing stay in another hotel. It was clean, great location (right next to the outlets and a great crepe place for breakfast.) We were not here for the Convention Center, but it is literally right across from it, so it would be perfect if you were visiting for a convention.

The problem were the guests on the other side of our wall, having what we can only assume was a drunken fight, starting at 5:45am. There was yelling, punching of walls and banging noises, making up, them more fighting, a LOT of cursing (mainly F-bombs with a lot of the n word thrown in) banging on the door, etc, interspersed with a pot break. (No, it did not calm them down any.) After several calls to the front desk over the course of two hours, TWO HOURS, someone finally came up at 8:00 and told them they needed to be quiet or leave.

We would definitely have stayed there again, seeing as the odds of a repeat experience are so low, but the complete lack of concern or compensation from management was unacceptable. (I didn't really expect them to comp the night, but we did expect a voucher towards a future stay in another property.) These things happen, but how they dealt with it (or didn't deal with it) was terrible.

The parking was overpriced for the area, but what can you do? The bigger parking problem was the fact that dozens of people abandoned their vehicles in the drive through circle, so you cannot get through to drop your bags off. There were half a dozen hotel staff standing there but none seemed concerned.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank svsp
We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We would like to discuss your stay with you. Please contact our Executive Office to share more.