“Best Property in AC”

Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
“Best Property in AC”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I've been a guest in every property in AC over the years and by far this was the best experience yet! IT's evident that they want their guests to come back and I will and I will tell everyone about what a great place GN is. The people are so nice and helpful, the amenities are the best, the place is pristine, rooms are so cool, service is fast, I just loved it.. I had to remind myself that I was in AC! Loved the DECK, live music inside and out and loved the H2O club, thank you GN for a great trip!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I came to this hotel to surprise my wife for her birthday and was immediately disappointed. The room was beautiful but small and extremely overpriced. The pictures on their website are misleading. I thought that for 600 for 2 nights I could relax n a beautiful room with a nice view but I was totally wrong. As soon as we got in the room we noticed that we could hear every word that the people in the next room were saying and they were just talking... Go somewhere else and don't waste your time or money.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Markthemac86
Georgetown, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed one night on business, booked through Expedia. Parking convenient and room accomodations were good. The room was clean and comfortable, but the hotel hallway and room had a slight smokey or cleaning agent smell. It was an unpleasant odor. The walls need better sound proofing. I was frustrated that the hotel could not provide me with a receipt, since I need documentation for business purposes.

Room Tip: Can't say that any room location is better or worse than others.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GrandCanyon_hiker018
Philadelphia
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Check in was a delight thanks to a wonderful lady named Victoria A. Room which was a suite was beautiful and tastefully furnished. Our whole experience including the gorgeous pool was first class. Will be back again to gamble and play. AC in general could take a few lessons from this company and property.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scootallover
atlantic city
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Golden Nugget and was truly surprised..After a large renovation the property is beautiful. Rooms are small but clean.Didn't like the bathroom sink. Staff is very friendly. The only downfall to the trip is the buffet. There are gourmet restaurants in the hotel that are fabulous. I was completely dissapointed in the buffet. The food was unedible. Otherwise another great outing!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandra W
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I just returned home from a 2 night getaway from Golden Nugget. I was so excited considering all the great reviews of this hotel. We usually stay at another hotel but decided to try something new. The Golden Nugget is a beautiful, clean hotel. Our first day was great, but then it all turned around. We were woken up at 2am to the sound of water! The toilet tank cracked and was flooding the bathroom. My husband called the front desk to tell them. They said someone would be right up, but no one came. After 20 minutes we called again. The maintenance man that came to our room was wonderful, within the hour he installed a new tank. As he was leaving he said someone was coming to clean the room. There was excess water, grease and blood from an injury the man got while installing the new tank. 35 minutes later and 3:30 in the morning, no one came. We called the front desk, they said they were sending someone, 20 minutes later, no one came. We called again, the front desk was very rude and said we needed to switch rooms because no one could clean. Were they going to ever tell us or make us wait all night? Already been inconvenienced and tired, I told them I would rather not switch rooms and I would not mind cleaning myself if someone could bring use cleaning. The lady at the front desk said she would call me right back, again 15 minutes went by and nothing. I called yet again, the man that answered was very rude and said he tried calling, and when I said I was sitting next to the phone, he was nasty and said that he can't speak about technical issues. Finally, they sent someone to clean. After a long night we were able to sleep at 5 am. The next morning we had a scheduled couples massage, which was wonderful. The rest of our stay was great. The hotel is great if nothing goes wrong. I was very disappointed of how rude and insensitive the front desk was. No one even apologized for the inconvience of the night. A little kindness goes a long way. The big question, when we o back to AC in August, do we try Golden Nugget again or go back to our usual. My husband and I were hoping this would be our new hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teacherfun434
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here at the end of June for 3 days with friends who were visiting the US for the first time. The first thing that struck me was, why with a line 2 dozen deep at check-in time, are there only two desk clerks on duty? So after waiting on line for 30 minutes we finally checked in. It was almost worth the wait because the clerk was friendly, courteous and exceptionally accommodating. She gave us city maps, printed directions to destinations around AC, answered all our questions and even went out of her way to accommodate our friends special requests. The rooms (it was 2 rooms for 2 couples) were nice! Large and very well furnished. Super soft king sized beds, leather sofas, fridge - not mini bar, granite topped furniture and marble bathrooms. Except don't look to close, the night stands were missing handles, the plants were dusty, the bedside lamps were bent, there were gum wrappers behind the couch, my friend's night stand was covered in a thick layer of dust when we checked in and remained so until we left 3 days later. Then there was the noise!! Every time a door in the hall opened or closed it felt as if it was happening in our own room, every time a room service or housekeeping cart rolled down the hall we heard it and our friends hit the jackpot: with the noise insulation being poor as it was they just happened to be living next to an angry wife, a toddler who suffered from insomnia and what felt like the angriest 6 year old ever. Also, for no known reason they do bed check, everyday at 9 AM some one just barges into your room and looks to see if you are there. A stranger barging into my room is not the most relaxing way to be woken up. But there are plenty of positives here. The staff are super friendly and accommodating everywhere you go from the casino and security to every single restaurant just grade A++. The casino bar and the deck bar were both lively and fun with music playing, people just enjoying themselves and great views of the city and the marina. The pool was clean and well maintained - a little small so it felt a little crowded but that really did not diminish our experience. Overall it was a nice stay but I'm not sure I would categorize it as super.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends