“Rude Staff and Rude Customer Service”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Golden Nugget (since i heard that it was recently renovated and was the old Trump Marina). I checked in, and wanted to upgrade to a suite since it was my friends 30th bday (willing to pay more), they told me "you booked through expedia so there is nothing we can do for you" ; very rude. I said oh, i booked through hotels.com not expedia..they said "Sir that's not true.... i don't even know why we are having this conversation anyway you can't change it". I said how much to just pay for a suite now (forget about my current reservation with hotels.com). They said "if you were one of our more valued customers i would be able to do something, but since you are not, there is nothing we can do for you...." I am not the type of person that creates trouble, if anything, I try to go with the flow, but That COMPLETELY rubbed me the wrong way. I asked to speak to the manager, and he didn't even apologize initially until I pointed it out to him, how lackluster the customer service was and that i was going to write a TripAdvisor review.... These guys do not understand customer service works; I will never stay here again, and i really advise anyone reading this not to either. Not to mention, the rooms are Extremely tiny , and the sinks stink like sewer since they do not have a "u" pipe to keep out the smell.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank MieNYC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for only a day. We got a room in the 6th level with a beautiful view of the harbor. The room was spacious. The bath was beautiful. The shower had a dual nozzle and was well designed. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the upper levels, the view is beautiful..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madhuvika
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My sister in law and I had planned a girls spa weekend at the Revel hotel a few months in advance and we were psyched. Upon check in at Revel we had nothing but difficulties with our Travelzoo voucher and they wouldn't let us use it. So after months of planning we had no where to stay, so I checked Priceline and we were able to score a room here for 30 bucks!!!! We couldn't say no. We drove over to the hotel and surprise the parking was free which was awesome (and I do not believe the other hotels in the area have that). When we walked into the main areas it seemed outdated and just old and dark. It was not a traditional lobby the check in area was relatively small and dinghy. The man at guest services was not super pleasant and I asked for any available upgrades and he said they were sold out. Which was not true because I looked on Priceline again when he was checking us in and they had tons of categories available. Once you head to the elevators you can see where they spent money on the remodel. The carpet was newer and the furniture was upgraded and bright. Like other reviewers mentioned the walls are quite thin and you can hear the 'action' happening in the other rooms. Our room was very recently updated and it was modern and clean. The beds were very comfortable and plush, I was pleasantly surprised at the room and the view of the marina. We ventured out of the room and we really liked the outdoor fire pits and the hot tub. It was a very cool relaxed setting. It was pretty empty too only a few people made use of outdoor areas. The next day we looked for places to eat for breakfast and there was not many choices just a quick serve that had sandwiches and a few croissants. Overall it was a fun weekend we had a good nights sleep and we enjoyed the pool and spa. For 30 a night it was a great deal, if I had to pay lets say a 100 for this room a night I wouldn't be as happy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MandyParle
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was suspicious about the website and photos because this is such an old hotel. I was surprised and delighted. The first room smelled a little of smoke and I was upgraded to a wonderful suite. Thank you sooooo much Stephanie for making a long overdue reunion that much more special. I'll be back in January for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floor/corner rooms for best views. Mid week stay is the absolute best bargain
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y T
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the thanksgiving holiday. My first impression was the hotel décor was outdated and masculine feeling but after getting used to the environment realized it was the reoccurring brown red and gold color scheme. The room was clean overall but did have some neglected areas that needed dusting. The bathroom was clean. There are some newer areas in the hotel such as restaurants, shopping area and nightclub that had a more modern vibe and the food at chart house was awesome. Breakfast was horrible. If you stay here I would not recommend eating breakfast in the hotel. The room was very humid and hard to adjust the temperature so the windows were foggy making the view less desirable. I would say the overall vibe of the hotel is 40's and up. They can do a better job attracting the lower scene. We did visit the Borgata for dinner, amazing food and atmosphere with a younger crowd. The golden nugget in terms of the casino was smaller but had less crowds than other places. It was very easy to get in on tables.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah H
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I don't know why this hotel is rated the 2nd on tripadvisor. Me and my wife after researching and reading reviews and the experience that we had in the majority of the resorts in AC.We decided to book a room in Golden Nugget.

I agree with another review that the walls are paper thin. You hear EVERYTHING. Special you hear people next door and even when they flush toilets . The biggest noise was the slamming doors.

The room was recently renovated but needs to be maintained and cleaned. Was dust allover the furnitures. Except the bed and bathroom they seem to be clean.
I don't think i will stay here again and i will not recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends!!!

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank dnyc80
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We decided to visit Atlantic City for a couple days on November 18th and 19th and booked rooms at the Golden Nugget. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room (I think we were upgraded) was very spacious and decorated nicely. The hotel itself is very nice and has some great restaurants and shops in it. Since it is not on the boardwalk, it doesn't seem as worn as the hotels on the board walk do. It is on a pretty marina, which we did not get to enjoy too much since it was cold.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple