“Classy, upscale rooms but quiet, laid back nightlife”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We booked this hotel because I liked the look of the rooms online and the price, though not the cheapest, was good. The room was very nice and had a beautiful, though not very large bathroom. We had a side view over the pool area, marina and the casinos from a large sofa sectional. The casino looked more upscale than some the others and we enjoyed our stay. It may be better suited for a more mature couple. Food was expensive and we traveled to the boardwalk to eat at Caesar's Pier and the Tropicana Latin Quarter. Young families and young adults may want to go to a place with more of a party atmosphere and access to indoor pools and the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clyde C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The entire hotel has been redone, and the new rooms are great. We ate at Vic and Anthony's steak house which was absolutely wonderful. Our waiter was great and the steak was amazing. We had a great time playing roulette and some of the slots. The H2O pool and bar have a cool vibe to them. Haven is a cool new nightclub which is definitely on par with Las Vegas nightclubs. Planning on returning.

1  Thank at22mash
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Golden Nugget last weekend for the first time. I have been looking forward to trying this hotel for many months. Based on photos and past stays at Trump Marina (I think that is the name of the hotel before it was remodeled), I expected the rooms would be hip and modern. I requested an upgrade upon check in but was told the hotel was sold out. This was surprising as it seemed pretty empty. Other casino hotels are usually jam packed on a Friday night but not this one. Anyway, the room was on the 14th floor -- nothing special aside from the flat screen television and honestly, not as clean as it could have been. The walls were PAPER thin and we could hear it if someone quietly sneezed in the next room. We did have a great time in the casino and didn't return to our room until 3 am. Ummm... it was pretty loud on the floor at that time. I called the front desk and let them know -- they then offered us an upgrade. At 3 a.m. Also told me that they reserve the "lower" floors for the partiers. HUH? We declined the move because it was so late and we didn't feel like packing everything up at that point. We were expecting security might check the floor and ask loud rooms to quiet down. Oh, and they wanted us to go all the way down to the desk to exchange keys. I thought the least they could do is to send someone up to the room with a key and an offer to move our luggage. But they weren't much interested in our good nights' sleep. Too bad -- because had we gotten some rest, we would have stayed around around and spent more money in their casino! We opted to stay in bed and downloaded a white noise maker to our ipad. My husband slept for about three hours and I think I may have dozed for a few minutes here and there. We were awakened at 8 a.m. by the children across the hall. At that point, all I could think about was crawling into my comfy bed at home. We exited quickly and vowed to stay elsewhere the next time we visit!

Room Tip: INSIST on a room that is on a higher floor. Apparently, those rooms are reserved for the quiet and...
4  Thank Naplesinlove
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Today is staying at this hotel for 2 nite. . This is my fisrt time and also my last time to choose for my destination. service very very horrible. I cant imagine. First didnt let me know h2o pool and bar close for reconstruction before we arrived here. Second one of lady and black guy sucurity work there is very mean!!.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank tuan n
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The property is old fashioned, needs serious renovations. Has about 5 restaurants to eat at and all of them served pricey disgusting food. My husband booked a room with Bay view for an extra $20 per night and they gave us a view on the parking garage. I talked to the Guest service agent about it and he wasn't helpful at all. The room was spacious enough but really dusty and the furniture clearly needed to be replaced. The paint was flaking off of the ceiling. Disappointing place !!!! After getting back home, we realized that they charged us $30 extra that wasn't part of taxes and other fees. If you're thinking about going to their buffet restaurant, save your money and go down the road to Golden Corral instead, where the food will be cheaper and at least warmer than room temperature. The waiter called the manager after seeing our disappointment with the food. The manager proceeded to play games and text on his smart phone for the final 15 minutes that we were there rather than even attempting to speak with us. A chimp could've managed better customer service. Don't come to this hotel.

10  Thank soraya j
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Check in was quick and easy but, once we arrived at our room, my companion and I had to wait almost an hour for our bags to arrive. The swing-arm lamps by the bed squeaked when moved which you had to do in order to use the telephone on the nightstand. In room refrigerator froze almost everything we put into it and there wasn't one light in the whole room (aside from in the bathroom that is) which was bright enough to read by. The hallways were also dimly lit and, at most of our conferences, it was very COLD in the meeting rooms. The bed was heavenly comfortable but the walls were very thin because we could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the room next door. On our second day, housekeeping didn't come to clean our room until after 7 pm and only then because we called and requested service. I also couldn't access the free in-room wifi, I had to go to the Wifi Cafe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank craftlady1
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back home from staying at this hotel. Upon arrival the hotel is very nice, newly updated. Got there around 1:30, an neither of our 2 rooms were available, gave them our phone numbers and they said they'd call when available. Finally around 3 one room became available. Waited very patiently until 4 (actual chef in time) and 2nd room was still not available. Finally went to complain where Mariah gave us such an attitude because apparently requesting rooms "close to each other" meant they are going to give us rooms right next to each other which is why the room wasn't ready. 100% unacceptable to keep us waiting when other rooms very close were ready. Requested to speak with 2 managers, after the first one failed to do anything and even offer an apology. 2nd manager gave us $25 room credits, not anywhere close to a worthy compensation considering the rooms coat is $400 a piece but apparently we weren't high rollers enough for them to care.

Finally check in both rooms, rooms are clean, thankfully. Walls are paper thin. Arrived back at the room about 1:30am to hear our neighbors talking until 4am (hence walls being paper thin) finally called security who came up and spoke with them within 5 minutes which I appreciated, but didn't really help the situation.

All in all, and due to the location, they'll never see me back here as a guest of patron. I'll find another casino who appreciates the $400 a night i drop on a room.

• Stayed: May 2014