“Very Enjoyable...”

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Very Enjoyable...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really, I think the only negative comment I have to say about this property was the less than quick elevators. Otherwise, my wife and I loved it. Our room overlooked the Harrah's hotel and backdrop which was absolutely beautiful at night (almost a full wall of glass where the balcony is but the view is blocked by the balcony's rails when viewing from the bed). The gym was sufficient for continuing my normal workout routine, the location was a quiet haven away from the busy streets and commercialism of the areas near the center of Atlantic City (a far walk to the excitement). I would buy a timeshare here without question.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charlesopendoor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
newengland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been going to the Flagship with my Family and Friends for many years now. We usually go there in the summer there are many free events to enjoy, plus shopping, movies,mini golf, fishing,boating, resturants and a beach and boardwalk. We rent a timeshare room when ever possible direct from an owner and save big. *Hint if you go during the week save even more most people only take weekend vacations.* With this savings I pay for all my food and travel expenses. The rooms are either a large studio or a large 1bedroom (they all have kitchens)sometimes its outdated but its always clean. The management at the resort needs to issue a elevator traffic schedule so that guests at the resort know the average wait time needed due to there only being 4 elevators. (This is the single biggest issue at the Flagship)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank newenglandusa
Daniel H, Front Services Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort and we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our elevator project is nearing completion and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. We hope to have you back with us soon and enjoy your Summer!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The Flagship is part of the timeshare cult. However, it is in a great location on the bay with breathtaking views. It's good for families because it's off the boardwalk and has kids activities daily. The rooms are clean, but the maid service wasn't great.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank mydogconan
Daniel H, Front Services Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello!

We are a Timeshare company and I am glad you got to enjoy the activities provided for your children while you stayed with us. It is nice to be slightly off the strip for a little peace and quiet at the end of the Island. We hope to have you back next time you are in the area, whether or not you indulge in the Timeshare aspect.
Brooklyn,NY
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The whole experience of going to Atlantic City is the boardwalk. This resort is pushed far back between the residential area. I hated not being able to just open the door & go on the boardwalk like I do at my timeshare in Atlantic Palace. I was offered a 2 night stay as a " Ownership Update meeting" of Atlantic Palace. Long story short it was a lie. The management at Flagship is trying to get Atlantic Palace owners to switch over to their resort ownership & buy into the points system. I was fed a lot of crap until I proved them wrong. The resort it's self is clean the rooms were good. It had a kitchenette, the pool was ok , & the gym was ok. The location killed it for me, just to far off from the action. I would not return. Atlantic Palace is better!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank NisreenM
Thank you for your response and I am sorry you are not interested in switching over ownership to us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our room, fitness center and pool. Our shuttle is available to take you to the boardwalk but I understand you may want to be in the center of the action. Thank you for your candor and enjoy you Summer!
Long Beach, NY
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nothing special at this out of the way place... It is a seedy walk to anywhere you might want to stroll but nice if you want to be away from the crowds on the boardwalk.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with a wonderful view of the ocean and/or bay...
Restaurant is ok for a quick snack, but the food is not wonderful..
shuttle service to the major hotels is a great perk

Room Tip: higher floors have great view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelbeach
Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

By far, the check-in process is the worse, and if you have an issue after you have checked in, expect to wait 30-60 minutes before you can speak to someone to have it addressed. Completely under staffed and no where for older guests or those who can't stand long to sit and wait in line until they are called. Room was cute and cozy, but the restaurant closed way to early for a weekend. Waiting for the "adult swim" time is a good move, but it's only an hour. Beds were comfortable and kitchen was stocked with needed items. Definitely more for families with small children than an adult getaway. Away from the main stream and a cab is costly!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an upgraded room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank funtimeplanner
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We love the flagship, the pool is right next to the jacuzzi which made it great for me and my husband with our boys to relax and watch the all at the same time. ;) the game room is ok but nice. Game room meant for kids over 7 or 8 and not geared toward small children. The restaurant is ok not bad food. Only ate their twice so I am no expert. We like to cook our meals in our room with the limited kitchen. Clean and staff is friendly and helpful. The movie theater is nice and many actives for kids and adults of all ages. The playground is 1 block away on both sides which is nice to have near by for the children. Everything is near by which is very convenient. Their are grills at the park is you want to grill. I love the view of the water and I can not wait till they rebuild the boardwalk! :) it is not the trump but it is not trump price neither so I feel I got more than a paid for in a good way! ;) we will be back soon for our 3rd visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family