“An Upscale Motel”
Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this resort for a week and it was terrible. I consider it upscale since the resort has a great clean pool and hot tub which we always enjoyed. The view from the room was amazing and the balcony was used very often. The queen sized bed was comfortable. I consider it a motel because the guy who checked us in gave us his word that there would be a dishwasher we finally arrived to our room which was located on the 12th floor to find out there was no dishwasher and also to our surprise we had a mini refrigerator instead of our full sized one. We called housekeeping for a mid week clean up on Wednesday we came back to our room later to find it was never done so we called a second time to find out that our mid week clean up was on Monday. They did give us new towels but we waited about an hour for them which was inconvenient for us since we wanted to enjoy our vacation. The elevators are terrible and very slow it was quicker to take the stairs to the 12th floor then to wait for the elevators which sometimes took around 25-30 minutes. At the hotel's restaurant, the blue water grille, it took at least 45 minutes to get our food, and we only ordered 3 wraps. The waiter told us that since our food was taking a long time to come out that we would each get a 2nd wrap on the house. Instead he brought out 2 bacon wrapped scallop appetizers. When we got the check, he was obviously trying to hustle us because he charged us for one of them, which was an extra $9, and claimed we ordered the one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shannon M

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The customer service is non-existent. We had to ask seven times for paper towels and dish detergent. The mid-week cleaning was not done, so we had to ask for that too. If you bring a family, I suggest going to a safer end of town. Claiming beach access is a joke. You walk through a seedy area to get to the boardwalk and beach. We were so mad that we wasted our vacation points here. Our advice is stay away!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank CPHtravele
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The only reason we chose the Flagship Resort is due to lack of availability along the East coast to trade our 5 star Breckenridge, Co ownership. From the moment we walked in the hotel's front entry it's obvious it's not maintained. First impressions are important but we did not get a good first impression. The entry doors were gross with very worn areas on them and very dirty. We were one step away from being frisked when we entered the lobby and it's probably because the area is very ghetto. It's not safe to venture out in the evening. Check in went fine but that's the only thing that was up to standard. The elevators are a complete joke. Many people waited up to 30 minutes for the elevator. We often took the stairs to our tenth floor room because we simply did not have the time or patience to wait. I noticed that when the Time Share people were touring prospective owners they would take the service elevator to make a good impression. The room and furnishings was disgusting. I removed some pillow cases to find blood and urine stains on them. I requested replacement pillows and sheets to make up the hide a bed and they finally arrived 30 minutes later (we checked in at 11:00 pm). We received a phone call at 11:45 from someone at the front desk asking if we "got our stuff". The bathroom smelled of urine, there was a dripping noise behind the shower wall, the bathroom sink had a constant leak, the window shade was broken in the bedroom, carpet was ripped and tile was chipped in the kitchenette, there was old food lodged in the kitchen sink, the TV was HD but was not displaying in HD and when we would turn it on it came on full blast each time, in spite of turning the volume down before turning it off, there were ants on the bathroom floor, old candle wax on the bathroom vanity, towels were thin and scratchy, bed was quite uncomfortable, and we didn't fix a meal in the kitchenette because everything just seemed so gross. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Even though we had booked a week we left on the 4th day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gayle P
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My family got here on Tuesday.. checked in a little early at 3:30 p.m. and it took all of 5 minutes....got up to the room on the 14th floor.. was very happy to see how much room the the Deluxe studio had... its Wednesday... and I have no complaints at this point

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We travelled to AC in June of 2013 and I found this hotel online for a very cheap priced and the reviews were 50/50. In all honesty, it isnt the worst but it definetly isnt the best!

The service is very blah. Check in was fairly quick but thats about all the service we received. At no point in time, we stayed for 5 days, we're we asked if everything was good. The rooms are decent enough, I mean the kitchenette is very small and not quite as useful as I had imagined!

I do have to say that the best part was the pool and the sun deck.. Those are just great! Yes the pool looks old but to us it was very clean and definetly used during our time there!

The worst part is the location.. Yes we wanted to be off the strip since we imagined it was going to be noisy but god! Its basically in a location where hurricane sandy did damage and it shows. I would almost say your in the ghetto part of AC.. I would not have felt safe walking to the pier if my friend would not have been a man!!!

Would I recommend it?? To be honest I'm not sure! I would strongly suggest trying to find hotels on the strip with similar pricing but all in all its not that bad of a hotel.. Would I return? Sadly no!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank GeeGee R
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Place is absolutely disgusting!!!!! We got called in for a Fantasea / RCI timeshare presentation and we were there for 4 hours total waste of time. As soon as you walk into the lobby it's looks sketchy right down the street from a strip club looks and smells like they rent rooms by the hour. We got a tour of the pool area looks nothing like the pictures on this site. Dirty smelly unsanitary...the hallways to get to the pool and the rooms smell like smoke, musty and mildew like they have not been cleaned. The salespeople has had speak to 4 different people try to sell us a timeshares anything to give have them get our credit card information. The whole thing felt like a complete scam!!!! BEWARE & STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Derrick W
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Place is a told scam! Looks like it is from 1970s. Sales people are pushy and rude! If we could rate this place 0 stars we would have. The halls smell mildew and like they have very been cleaned. They market this hotel as a family resort but I would never take my children here. Totally unsanitary!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple