“Find any other hotel but this one” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flagship Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Flagship Resort
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
NY
“Find any other hotel but this one”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2005

A group of us came to Flagship and did not expect the hotel to be so uncomfortable. The rooms were VERY musky and smelled heavily of smoke. The carpets also felt very dingy and dirty that none of us walked around the room barefoot. We asked for an extra rollaway bed that took a very long time to get to us. The "kitchen" in the room is very unnecessary and very outdated. And the worst part about it is the location. It was lliterally at the end of the strip away from all the casinos in a rundown neighborhood. I would suggest anyone the pay extra to stay somewhere closer and cleaner.

6 Thank PJewelz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Boone, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2005

Three of us girls stayed @ The Flagship Resort and had a really enjoyable time. The check-in went very smooth and the clerk was very, very nice. She gave us a room with ocean-view on the 24th Floor. She was very friendly and we had a ball laughing with her about going fishing in the ocean. The neighborhood was not scary at all. We came and went at all hours of the night and felt very SAFE!!!!
The only thing I can say bad about this resort is they have hard beds but we came in very tired and went right to sleep, hard bed and all.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ElvisFan51
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2005

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite - had access to the dishes, etc. but never used any. We only went down to see Tom Petty at Borgata. Was @ 5 minutes away from Borgata in our car. The area is still shady (bad) but it is definitely a lot better than when we stayed there 10 years ago. I wish they still had King size bed like they did 10 years ago. Now they only have a Queen bed in the 1 bdrm. suites.

Bed was kinda hard. Would not want to spend a week sleeping in it. The living room was very large!!! Could have brought an Aerobed for sleeping since it was so big. The living room has a sofabed. Did not use sofabed since the teens did not come along . But I think they would have loved it there. Beach is in sight from hotel & could walk to it in a couple minutes tops.

Walk on boardwalk from hotel to first casinoes is @ 15-20 minutes away. I would not walk it at night!!! Not safe. The jitneys run 24/7 & are very inexspensive (@ $1.50 each person) & they run between the hotel & all the boardwalk casinoes.

Pool was a nice size but it was cloudy. I assume it was from being highly chlorinated (could smell it) recently. Fitness center had a nice selection of equipment.

Balcony railing very shaky. But it was nice to have a balcony. Shame that most new hotels don't have any windows that open or balconies.

We did not eat breakfast there but they had a deal for $8.95 each for pancakes, french toast, cereals, donuts, coffeee, Bacon, sausage, etc... Menu choices were similar to an Embassy Suites buffett breakfast.

Would stay there again. But, might bring a foam topper for the bed.

The area is definitely getting revitalized. Quite a few new homes in the area. Glad to see the area is finally getting some attention.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2005

Just recently stayed at the flagship all suite hotel. I booked a room here because it was the "cheapest and closest" at short notice on a weekend. I booked a saturday-monday stay. what u read about how close it is to the casinos is not true. its a LOOONNNG walk. even though they have shuttles, they only leave the hotel every hour and they stop at midnight. so if u want to go to the casinos after 12m, then u need a cab. we checked in about 10pm on sat. when we returned from the casinos by our car @ 3am, the room was hot even though the air was on max. we called the front desk who sent up a maintenance man who removed the cover to the air, to find FROZEN pipes. he had to turn the heat on full blast for a 1/2 hr to melt the ice, then the air started working. when we woke, the room was hot, i checked the pipes myself and found MORE ICE. my boyfriend was disgusted and went to the front desk to tell them in person. (ALSO, the elevators are EXTREMELY slow and parking after 5pm can be a hassle) they said it would be awhile for the maintenance, so he demanded another room, which they fiddled on the computer then gave us a room the next floor up. we turned the air on full blast and it turned into an ice cube. i was very happy. when we checked out, they were quick to get rid of you. i was suprised they didnt even offer to give us some kind of partial refund for the inconvience of having to change rooms. next time i would stay at a casino hotel if im gonna spend the kind of money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2005

I booked a stay at the Flagship for the 4th of July weekend before I read all of the reviews. I was referred by someone else and looked on many website to see pictures, etc on the hotel. After reading all of the negative reviews I was skeptical. It wasn't as though I could cancel my reservation so I was stuck. I couldn't believed a booked a "dump" or "horrible place" as some people stated. Since it was my first time going to Atlantic City I was worried the whole ride. I was praying the place would not be as negative as the reviews made it out to be. To my suprise it was not. I was greeted by friendly hosts and the check-in went smoothly. The even gave us a room on the 26th floor that had a great view. Everything was clean and it was very comfortable. I didn't need Incredible Hulk strength to open the door for the balcony and did not have a problem parking(I rode with a SUV also) and the elevators did not take long to come either. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe some people are just too picky. If you wanted luxury cough up the extra cash to get it. Don't go to a hotel expecting it to be your house- or stay home. Don't let the negative results fool you. I had a wonderful time and barely stayed in the room anyway. But when I did it was full of comfort and space. I had free access to the dishes, cups, etc and was pleased with what I paid for. Go there for yourself and you be the judge. Don't let all these negative hotel go-ers ruin your chance at staying at an inexpensive hotel.

10 Thank frequent_traveler05
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2005

nice place .... don't be scammed into buying the timeshare...not worth it....crappy neighborhood...elevators super ghetto slow....parking garage ---- entrance and exit (SAME) only 1 vehicle allowed....requested extra pillows from housekeeper for 3 days....never saw them@#!%%^(*&*)*......some of the hotel personnel have nasty attitudes.....they talk to guest arrogantly......shuttle bus driver super nice.....rooms were clean....balcony gate loose from cement(CANNOT LEAN AGAINST)very scary.......around corner from hotel on the boardwalk......Green Ghetto Housing Project...... not a good place to walk by at night .....Thugs hang out on boardwalk.....do yourself a favor...pay the extra money and stay at one of the casinos near the boardwalk.....you and your family will be safer...paid $79/night.... got what I paid for......

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Princeton, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2005

This "resort" is a timeshare that is also available for nightly use like a hotel. The place was most likely built in the early 80's and is definately showing it's age. A major renovation is needed.

We stayed overnight in a one bedroom suite, 23rd floor with a view toward the city and the marina area. The best part of the stay was the price . . . $89 and the nightime view of all the casino lights from the balcony, bedroom and livingroom.

Here's what you'll find at the Flagship:

-- Small generic lobby with a checkin desk, strange waterfountain and a concierge (sp?) desk marked by the typical Atlantic City 1980's brass signage!

-- (4) very slow elevators with rubber matted floors that are not very clean.

-- Finding your suite is a bit of a challenge with the low ceiling and dark/dingy halls. There is a warren of short corridors and confusing signage on doors to these short corridors - some open or closed. The hall's carpeting is also an interesting condition and color. Not sure if one would want to walk on it with bare feet.

-- The suite was spacious yet very minimally decorated. One leather or pleather couch, two rickety floor lamps and two small tables in the livingroom, basic kitchenette with a breakfast bar and (4) chairs, bedroom with TV cabinet and queen bed. Window shears had rips in them, walls had no pictures or art on them, door lock to balcony was half off, wall outlet in the livingroom pulled out of the wall when unplugging the iron! Yikes!

-- All suites are smoking (due to timeshare arrangements). All windows slide fully open so you are able to air it out quickly. Note, the windows and sliding door to the balcony have no screens or other protection, so curtains and shears will get sucked out (actually blowing in the wind) and birds are free to fly in! Also, could be a safety issue if one has small children in the suite.

-- The bedding was gross. Polyester (?) bedspread, thin sheets and a thin blanket that had numerous rips in it.

-- The bathroom was OK, yet no fan to get rid of shower steam.

-- The AirConditioning was weak and old. We just opened the windows.

Overall . . . you get what you pay for - a very cheap place to stay.

Would not stay there again for more than one night and would only do so if there were no other options available. Hope this helps.

• Stayed June 2005