“Needs Personality”

Flagship Resort
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Needs Personality”
Reviewed 16 November 2005

It's been years since I've stayed at the Flagship and this time it was not good. I am known to be a friendly person, but not everyone that is employed by the flagship is grateful to have a job and that's sad.
The pool area was excellent,the staff was friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately I could not say that about the staff at the front service desk or the bellmen.
Our room was a nice size, the view was lovely, but the vents were full with dust as well as the walls, by the heating control.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Reviewed 14 November 2005

My husband and I stayed one night on 11/12/05. We were there to see Alan Jackson's concert. Only place to find since everything else was booked. The rooms were smelly and dirty. They only thing that was ok was the towels looked clean!!!!!!!!! What I saw on the internet was not what we got. All night all we heard was flushing toilets and showers running. Never go there again!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 9 November 2005

Even if it was cheap it would be complete crap... and it wasn't cheap. It's in an inconvenient and downright scary location, nowhere near the casinos but with great views of crack houses, abandoned lots, and surreal projects that no one lives in. The place smelled and felt dingy and horrid. Stifling. Used. Run down. Putrid. Unless you are purposely going for the slummy feel, I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed November 2005
8 Thank 5cense
East Greenville, PA
Reviewed 3 November 2005

My Husband and I stayed for a Saturday night, for our 11th anniversary. It was the only hotel we could find that wasn't booked, AND did not cost over $200. (we paid $179 + tax, etc...=$203)
We have never stayed at a nice hotel before, so for us, we felt rich and ritzy, and enjoyed the stay.
We can't say about the room service or maid service, as we left the next day.
We also didn't have time to use the pool, but we checked it out and it looked enviting. And right next to the pool is an outdoor deck, overlooking the end or Atlantic City, the ocean, and Brigantine, NJ. The view was great, even with the pouring rain and heavy fog!
We requested a higher up floor, so they gave us floor 31. I think there are 32 floors total. It sure was HIGH!! And the balcony was fun.
The kitchen in the room was cool, and well stocked with everything you'd need to cook. I was impressed...then again, I've never stayed in a room like that. I didn't use it, though.
The bathroom was nice and clean, and there were towels everywhere.
The bed was comfy and cozy. Usually I don't sleep well at hotels, but we warmed the room up and we slept like babies.
I was bummed when I put a dollar in the coffee machine, for hot chocolate, and I got a cup of plain hot water!! :-(
The elevator situation was a little sticky, but tolerable for our one night. If you can't stand it, I'd recommend staying on a lower floor!! But I love the view, so I'd have to make due!!
It got boring, though, stopping at nearly EVERY floor, just trying to get up or down. And the people squeezed in tight, and we could see lots of people waiting on every floor, who couldn't get in. I can see where people complain about that.
We used the free shuttle to the Sands casino, which was nice, but the last trip it makes, is at midnight, and we wanted to stay at the casinos longer, so we had to take a taxi (about $10) back.
We thought about walking, but the boardwalk is very desolate at the end of Atlantic City where the Flagship is, and there's a "not quite so pretty" neighborhood right next to it, so we didn't walk...especially at night!) (then again, MOST of Atlantic City is not so pretty neighborhoods!!)
During the day, people were fishing right in front of the Flagship on the boardwalk.
I liked the location of the hotel, because it was further away from all the chaos of Atlantic City, which would make it a nice place to stay with the kids. We would definately try it again.

Stayed October 2005
5 Thank jjcraftery
Reviewed 25 October 2005

My family and I stayed at the Flagship during the NJAEYC conference. The room was very nice. We had a junior suite that had 2 queen beds, a couch and mini kitchen. The view was also very nice. Our room overlooked the marina. We enjoyed the pool area. The Jacuzzi didn't look very clean so we skipped that. The resort is located at the very end of the boardwalk so there is not much traffic. I would definitely stay there again. There is a free shuttle from 9am to 12 am and run every hour on the hour. It drops off at Sands. The staff seemed very friendly.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2005

Please do not recommend this hotel, it was dirty and smelled terrible. I don't know how they can charge money to stay here.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2005

I stayed at the Flagship Resort for three nights in early September. After reading some of the posted reviews, I wondered if I had made a mistake in making a reservation there, but my experience was quite positive. I was there with an old friend for a "girls getaway." I requested and received a remodeled room with a wonderful view. I could lie in bed at night and watch the changing light patterns on a casino at the marina. I awoke to the sight of fishing and pleasure boats heading out to the ocean for the day. With the balcony door slightly open, I could hear the sound of the surf hitting the jetty below. The neighborhood is in the process of a facelift and when completed will be quite charming. There are many rundown blocks between the Flagship and the casinos and we did not walk in these areas. The Flagship shuttle to the Sands proved convenient and dependable and we used it several times. The jitney stops a half block away and was also a convenient alternative. Our room was large and of modern decor. The only problem we encountered was a practically clogged toilet on arrival. I called maintenance and ten minutes later someone was there to fix it. We had no further problem. The entire staff is friendly and efficient. Would I stay there again? Definitely.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member