“An unexpected surprise!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Flagship Resort
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“An unexpected surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2006

After reading the reviews on this page I was not looking forward to staying there. My friend booked the room last minute and I was not thrilled about spending the night there. Let me say I was wrong! The room was clean, very big, and had everything needed. Another couple stayed with us and the couch even pulled out into a bed. 2 bathrooms, a kitchen area, and a huge walk out balcony. What more do you need? Slow elevators? I wasnt on one. The area is not as bad as you would think and it has a great view. Now, when they say on the boardwalk they mean on the boardwalk but not in walking distance to the other casinos. We took a cab back and forth, about a $6 cab ride, it was no big deal at all. The cabs were very easy to get, they more or less wait outside the hotel and of course it is easy to get a cab at the "main" hotels. I am not sure about all the bad reviews but I know I would stay there again anytime!! Give it a chance, you wont be let down.

• Stayed February 2006
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2006

I had a great time at this resort. The room accommodations were very clean and upscale. The resort has great ocean views and has a wonderful staff.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2006

I stayed at this hotel and the service was great, I had no complaints the two days that I stayed. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, and the service was above excellent, they wanted to come in on both days and change the sheets and clean the room, they called several times to do this, that I had to say I'll call them back when I leave the room. We were on the 25 floor and the veiw was breathtaking at night and at sunrise. I was really scared to stay here after hearing the terrible reviews, but to my surprise it was nothing like what I read. I also never had a problem coming up and downstairs the elevator was always open on the lobby floor to take me right to the suite. I had no problem getting a cab to take me to any of the casinos...its not far at all, and on a nice day you could walk. I would definitely stay there again. Try it for yourself, don't go by what these horrible reveiws say. they were also really nice about checking out later than 11:00am. Another thing, the room that I stayed in was exactly like the room with the double beds and sofa/kitchenette...that I saw on the internet.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2006

In Nov. 05, my sister and I stayed at the Flagship Resort in Atlantic City. They had a special package for around $99 + tax, room charge, etc.

Now, I had been to Flagship for a timeshare tour and it looked great. Well, it seems (since I didn't ask when booking) that the regular rooms don't look anything like those on the timeshare presentation. Yes, with this package the room we got was equipped with living/dining room area and kitchenette with appliances/untensils, but it was quite old in look/style. The room could use new everything, especially carpet - which is what really caused the room to look bad. The carpet had stains and the balcony door wasn't secure - not that anyone could climb to the 30th floor to get us. The heat didn't work well (a bit noisy), but we were only there one night, so it did the job for when we were in the room.

The Flagship is definitely not where you want to stay if you're looking to be close to other casinos, beach, or within walking distance to them. You would want to have a car to get around. Or, if you're open to paying about $8.00 - $10.00 or so for one-way trips to/from other casinos you're fine. But, be prepared to wait a bit for a taxi to come to this resort, since it's a bit off the beaten path for taxi's to sit and wait around.

If you're looking to buy timeshare with this resort, I'm sure it will be a much better experience. This resort is ok if you're on a budget, aren't too picky about looks of the room and have a car. Otherwise, consider staying elsewhere or try asking when making the reservation if you're room will be a timeshare type room or standard.

11 Thank ashrat

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2006

We stayed at the Flagship for 2 nights to just "get away". The best word to describe it is "ghetto".

Dirty, elevators took FOREVER, it looks run down, the neighborhood was scary to say the least. I was really frightened taking that cab ride to the casinos.

I DO NOT recommend this place at all. It needs a major overhaul.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2006

I stayed with my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) on Friday night. The hotel is nice, with a nice indoor pool on the seventh floor, that my children enjoyed. Be warned, there are rules posted that you should follow, as there are attendants in the pools room that will make sure you follow them. The elevators were a problems at check out, as they were filled, so make sure you give yourself enought time. I walked from the 10th floor to the 5th floor, where my car was. They have a free indoor garage. I had a one bedroom suite. It had a kitchen with pots and dishes so you can make your own food. The place is getting old and need to be fixed up. As noted by other reviews, you can hear other people use their bathroom. The neighborhood is not the best, but I drove to the casinos, so not an issue. It is getting new housing, with new two family homes. I would not say it it too bad, but needs improvement.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2005

It's been years since I've stayed at the Flagship and this time it was not good. I am known to be a friendly person, but not everyone that is employed by the flagship is grateful to have a job and that's sad.
The pool area was excellent,the staff was friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately I could not say that about the staff at the front service desk or the bellmen.
Our room was a nice size, the view was lovely, but the vents were full with dust as well as the walls, by the heating control.

• Stayed November 2005