“We'll be back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Renaissance Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Renaissance Suites
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Sunny Florida
“We'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

After staying at La Renaissance for a week in late July, 2012 (utilizing a timeshare exchange), I can honestly say we will be back. First I must address other comments about noise, This building is right on the boardwalk, centered between Trump's Taj Mahal and Bally's, across from the gocart track and close to the historic Steel Pier Amusement Park. Here every store and beach bar have their music blasting as loud as they can. Atlantic City (key word CITY) is primarily a family/party place. You can't expect any hotel to be like a secluded ski lodge when you're steps from the boardwalk. Some tips to share: internet access (free WiFi) is available only in the lobby. Garage parking (the only parking available) is a bit complicated but manageable and very secure..Smaller cars are the easiest.to park (don't bring your crew cab pickup). Our room had a 4 burner stove, dishwasher, medium size refrigerator and range hood microwave but no oven so plan your meals accordingly. There is a 7-11 and full size supermarket close by if you're unable to bring your own food and there's a wide selection of restaurants within "boardwalking" distance (of all price ranges), even a Dunkin Donuts right outside the door.
In our opinion:.Staff: A- Everyone we talked to was courteous and helpful, although usually very busy. Cleanliness: B+ The building and furnishings are dated, but everything was clean and functional and we did not see any "bugs" as mentioned in earlier reviews, not even one. Neighborhood:(away from the boardwalk) C- The entire area is struggling right now as is most of the rest of the country (which is no fault of this resort). Security:A, You do not enter the building without "front desk" authorization and the room keys are programmable chips, not magnetic strip cards.Keep in mind most of the units are different, one or two bedrooms, with or without balconies. This review was based on our experiences in room 901, a one bedroom with no balcony (but with wall to wall windows). All in all, if you are a fussy perfectionist, try somewhere else but if you want a clean, affordable place to stay centered in the middle of the boardwalk action, this is the place.

Room Tip: As stated earlier, most rooms are different but as a rule, rooms without balconies (north side) are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank GTinSunnyFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed here back in February for a Girls Weekend in AC. It was cheap and hand enough room to accommodate all of us. When we checked in, the guy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.Being that we had two cars, only one can park in the parking garage. This parking garage requires two people to operate the car elevator!! It takes forever and is scary!!! My friend parked her car across the street in the lot for a flat rate that wasnt bad. I had a feeling something was going to go wrong when he handed us that weird looking key that wasnt a key card. :-(

We were there to party so we really didnt spend much time in the room. We got food on boardwalk came back to room, ate, started drinking, changed and were out the door. We got back into room around 4am.

Around 5am I woke up to hear water dripping. I looked at my friend and she heard it too. It sounded like it was coming from the kitchen. Woke up the rest of the girls. We turn on the lights to see water dripping out the sprinkler and the carpet all wet. After turning on all the lights, we saw water coming out of the light, and down the walls. We call down to front desk, and the guy on duty DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH!!!! WHAT??!!!!! So luckily we know some broken spanish. He came up and said maintenance didnt come til 8 or 9! Im like "dude, this room is a mess. I cant wait that long". He goes downstairs with one of my friends to call someone who did speak better english. I noticed the room was getting hot and realized that it was HOT water coming in! I told everyone to pack up, we were getting out of there. Just then THE CEILING FELL IN!!!! Yes, hot water was EVERYWHERE!!! It was just pouring in the kitchen like a water fall. You should have seen us scrambling to put on shoes, get food, get clothes (we had went shopping and clothes were everywhere), laptops, cell phones, chargers etc.

By then the people next door to our room were up too and saying they had a little water in there room. Apparently we were under the hot tub which is on the roof and a pipe broke. After all the drama, we got another room, which looked better than ours, and a free night stay. lol

Pros:
Room was clean, everything worked
Staff is friendly
Good location, nice oceanfront view

Cons:
Parking garage-What parking garage? Its a closet!! I dont suggest parking in there if your car is bigger than a minicooper
Employees should speak English no matter the shift
Elevators slow
Older building

Room Tip: Some rooms are renovated. Ask for one!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dani_2610

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at La Renaissance Suites for 4 nights for a girls' weekend and to attend the Orion Music Festival at Bader Field. And yes, while the place may not be "up-to-date' - it was clean and it more than served its purpose for our needs and pocketbook!! Now we are from the Miami area and do not scare easily and are more than a bit street wise, so we did not find it particularly scary - but I would not recommend walking NW from the hotel solo up to Atantic Ave at night. I mean if you are from Mayberry and are not use to the Big City... well this place isn't for you - stick to the more populated/touristy areas. If you can handle yourself and can be aware of your surroundings and don't need to be a diva, then you will be fine here. This place is RIGHT ON THE BOARDWALK!!! So why pay hundreds of $$$ when you are not going to be in your room? We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The staff was FAB and answered all of our questions. To top it off, we found the best local Pub 2 blocks away - the Irish Pub - open 24/7, best drinks, atomsphere & food!! So no, it's not the Borgata, but who the hell wants to pay $300/$400 a night for 1/2 the space to sleep and shower? Seriously? Would I stay here during spring break?? NO!!! I can see how this place would probably get out of hand in that type of situation - but we had no problems during out stay - no noise at all - so plan accordingly. Didn't try out the pool, so I couldn't tell you about it.

Room Tip: There is a shopping plaza with a CVS and a supermarket about 3 block NW of the hotel on Atlantic Ave...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer A
Cherry Hill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Before we exchanged our timeshare to go here, back in December I called and spoke with Terry. I asked my usual questions I have when going to a new resort. He was nice and it seemed like a good place to try. Once we had the confirmation for a 2 bedroom unit, I called and requested a low floor because I have a fear of heights. No problem, Terry told me, but no guarantee. We check in April 27 and after parking in the awkward garage, found that the elevator is glass and on the outside of the building. They exchange floors 4 through 9 and put us on 8. The wall falls away after the 3rd floor. I don't know where 8 out of 9 floors constitutes a low floor. Roosevelt insisted there was nothing else available except for a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor. I tried it and panicked once the open area was exposed. That unit was very small, so between getting upset every time we wanted to leave and feeling cramped, we decided against staying. In calling the exchange company, they got us a much nicer place but charged us $169. I called and spoke with Terry twice after that to speak with an owner or manager about getting a refund. He claimed he didn't know who owned the place and said he'd have the manager, Michelle call me. Days later she still didn't call. I've tried everywhere I could look to get the owner contact information and was unable. As a last resort, I sent a letter to the attention of the owner/president explaining what happened. At the very least, the clerks should be trained to listen to guests requests. I was never told about the glass elevator and couldn't get up to the 8th floor. There is no picture of it on their website, either. To date, I still haven't heard from anyone there. After reading the bad reviews, perhaps we were fortunate to not have stayed there. Not many people seem pleased with this place. We're on a small fixed income and resent that they got our money from the exchange company and gave us no service whatsoever.

Room Tip: There are several other timeshares in Atlantic City that cater to guests. I've never had a prob...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank katrifl
Boca Raton, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have come to this place several times over the year. Located on a dismal, scary, back alley street that alledges to be On the Boardwalk, you'll get closer to the Boardwalk by playing Monopoly. It peaked about 8 - 10 years ago. There was a great customer service oriented on-premises Manager and Assistant Manager (I think the Manager's son) that were literally available 24/7. There had been major improvements and the place was really fun. Now, they've eliminated the game room that my kids loved and the entire place is decorated in early Bronx. Actually I misspoke; the place is not decorated at all. While there are early Bronx remnants, most of the furniture is broken and non-functional. Don't lean back on the reclining chairs as you'll wind up on the floor. As other reveiwers have mentioned, the place is the home of bachelor parties, strippers and ocassional bachlorette parties. The maintenance staff is fantastic - they are totally customer service oriented, but can't keep up with the declining condition of the property. As friendly and custiomer service oriented the housekeeping and maintenace staffs are, you'll do a lot better with them if you speak Spanish. If you are not frightened by the back alley in friendly AC, it is in a great location next to the demolished Sands Hotel in the middle of the Boardwalk. Parking is free as advertised IF you get there early and don't move your car. The narrow, difficult to navigate inside lot holds about 1 car for every 3 rooms and comes with a scary car elevator ride IF you can figre out how to use the car elevator. The roof top pool is similar size to an above ground pool that I grew up with in Brooklyn. Enjoy the location but careful about hanging out on the balconies as things tend to get tossed as the parties grow through the night.

Room Tip: Higher the better. Lower floors have no view at all.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank FrankBocaRaton_FL
Alton, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

If you're like me and get lured to this place by the relatively low price (for a Boardwalk location), be sure to bring ear plugs and sleeping pills. The price attracts a clientele that parties until dawn, playing pulsating music, and whooping and screaming at the top of their lungs. The place falsely advertises free parking, as the postage-stamp sized lot accommodates a tiny fraction of the guests. The city police are onto this scam. They aggressively patrol the parking meters nearby the hotel 7 days a week. I left A.C. suffering from serious sleep-deprivation and with two $36 overtime parking meter tickets as souvenirs of my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Robin W
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Well, where do I start? I guess not a bad price for being on the Boardwalk. However, cheap you buy cheap you get. I was there 2 days. It was a clean room, which is always nice. The blanket in the closet was dirty and I had to ask for a new one, but it’s the little things in life, like toilet paper and soap that I had to ask for, then I had to go down to the lobby each time get them because there is only one guy working, and this was the second day after the cleaning lady had been there. They said there was a Jacuzzi tub in the room, however it didn’t work. There was 1 old TVs and 1 flat screen in the room, but only one cable box. Didn't have a view; it seems some of the rooms don't face the Boardwalk. The Hot tub and the pool upstairs were very nice, but if its luxury and room service you’re looking for, this is not the place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple