Stayed there because of budgetary reasons. From a financial standpoint, it's not a terrible deal. However, be warned: the pool is drained for "maintanane" (not making this spelling up), the fitness center has three machines, all rusted over and in non-working condition, and the common areas all look pretty sad.
The building is surrounded on three sides by parking lots and empty and/or burned out blocks. It's an easy walk down the boardwalk to civilization, but if you're coming back late, it's a bit scary. Our room had views on 3 sides of the building, and every view faced a parking lot.
That said, the room was clean, the beds were acceptable, the parking garage is like a fortress, and there was someone there 24/7 to let you back in the building if a roommate had the passkey.
Overall, I'd have to say there are certainly worse places you could stay, but not many.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Renaissance Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Renaissance Hotel Atlantic City
- Renaissance Hotel Atlantic City
- Renaissance Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Renaissance