“The service of hotel was hopeless, could not provide an...”

Days Inn Atlantic City Beachblock
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was suppose to have a fun trip with my sister and my sons nephew, so we came across this hotel, AWFUL lobby was small & dirty and smelled moldy, musty, & stale the elevator was horrible small & dirty hallways reeked of weed and smoke looks like a hooker hotel the ice machine looks like it was in a basement set in a scence of the movie "Saw, the room was horrible dirty carpet with stains ceilings were made of plastic/wood planks and were dirty and the hallway was extremely dark, had to call corporate office to get my money back had to pay $60 deposit fee we only stayed an hour, i couldn't stay any longer, broken couch in our room only thing that i felt was clean was the fridge but was too scared to eat in the room, save yourself the money and go to another hotel.had to make arragements to stay at another days inn, the days inn on the "oceanfront" is 1000% much better than this one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kevin K, General Manager at Days Inn Atlantic City Beachblock, responded to this review, 24 October 2014
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and great location. I wish you would have called the front desk as we would have gladly changed your room. Since we did not know about your complaints there is no way we could address them. Nevertheless I apologize for your less than satisfying experience. Kevin K. General Manager
Halifax, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is located 1/2 block from the boardwalk/beach. As other reviewers mentioned, it could use a facelift, but I didn't visit AC for the hotel decor. The room was clean, and the staff was polite (the young lady on the front desk in the mornings was particularly nice). The breakfast included was minimal (cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee and tea) but, again I didn't come to AC for the free breakfast. Free parking (rare in AC) was a plus and casinos, restaurants, shopping, beach and boardwalk were all within easy walking distance. If you are looking for up-to-date, spotless, upscale lodging, this is not the place for you; but if you want a decent place to sleep and shower at a good price and don't really care what era the decor is from or how fancy the breakfast, this is a good place to stay. Not the most fabulous place I've stayed, but certainly not the worst...I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for wifi password to use free wifi.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found our hotel comfortable and our location ideal. Also I am very happy to hear you found our staff to be polite. Customer service is a top priority for us. I will inform the young lady on the morning shift of your kind comments which I am sure she will appreciate. We all look forward to seeing you soon. Kevin K. General Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

First off, I want to say that I have done my fair share of travelling and so has my husband. We both thought this place was off the charts terrible. THE WORST we have ever stayed at.
I'd say we got what we paid for, but we didn't. Honestly, I'm surprised this place wasn't WAY cheaper. For $25 more, we stayed at Bally's and it was amazing.
Anyway, we knew we made a mistake the second we walked in there. It looked worn down and dirty. It was disgusting.
The staff NEVER paid attention to us. We went to the counter several times (not to complain, just to ask questions or sign in/out) and every single time they were too busy talking to each other and not even acknowledging our existance. WHY do you work with people if you're going to treat them so badly?
Our room was just... unexplicable. The wifi didn't work at ALL. Not even when we went down to the main floor.
Our sheets had stains on them, and there was tissue everywhere in the room. Ridiculous.
Luckily we were barely in the room until nighttime, and we left after a day when we were supposed to be there for two.
Please take my advice, pay a little more for a way better stay somewhere else. It's way worth it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amandaoffduty
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry for your less than satisfying stay. Unfortunately you mentioned you went to the front desk to ask questions, not to complain. I wish you would have let us know about your issues so we could have had an opportunity to address them to your satisfaction. We could have changed your room. I apologize for our staff not giving you their full attention. They have been spoken to, and their files noted. Comments like yours help us improve our property on a day to day basis. Again I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Kevin K. General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family of three (husband, child, and me) decided to take a unplanned trip to Atlantic City. Hotels were mostly booked or very expensive. We saw Days Inn and decided to take a chance. The hotel was not cheap. For two nights we paid over $400.00. The lobby was dated and filthy. The building is old in need of a remodeling, and the hallways reminded me of a cheap motel. The room was dated, smelly, and the sliding door to the balcony would not lock. The backdoor exit (with stairs) were prop open (a security hazard). We notified the front desk of the unlocked sliding door; they promise it would be fixed, but this never happened. The building is just about 3 or 4 stories, and we were on the second floor. We slept with one eye open. I have travelled all over the U.S and around the world, and while this was not the worst, it was close to it, especially for the cost. At the front desk, they were nice, but unresponsive. The free breakfast was really not much to talk about; it would hold you until you get to McDonald. Now the good thing: the hotel is just steps from the boardwalk and close to food establishments; it offered free wi fi. I would not recommend this hotel unless you were stuck for a place to lay your head.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank You very much for writing a review. I am sorry you had a less than satisfying stay. I am glad you liked our location steps from the boardwalk and beach in the heart of the casino district. I apologize that you found our staff unresponsive. We take customer service very seriously. I have spoken to our staff, and their files have been noted. Comments like yours help us improve our property on a daily basis. Again I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. Kevin K. General Manager
Baltimore
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel every time I go to Atlantic City. It's very convenient and close to the Boardwalk and it's very reasonably priced. I also love sitting on the balcony!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family