“don't stay here”

Sunset Inn
Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
rahway, new jersey
Reviewed 24 April 2005

we stayed here under old owner came back to fine a dirty room a mouse running around and also noise all hours of the nite taxis coming and going all nite blowing horns young people screaming all nite long knocking on doors at 4;am in the morning dirty ripped towels and sheets filty place to stay and no ice and dirty filty bathroom do not stay at this very bad place

• Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 18 August 2004

This was the cheapest hotel we found in atlantic city on a saturday night. For a budget hotel it's fine. It is an $8.00 cab ride down to the boardwalk. It was raining really hard and the ceiling leaked a little bit. Other than that, it was good. We were a little surprised though that for $30.00 more we could have stayed at the Sheraton. Maybe that's the better choice for next time. That was $30.00 more for gambling though!!

8  Thank juliejoe24
Reviewed 8 August 2004

This was worse than the rooming houses I stayed at as a kid in AC and I shared a bathroom there.... at least they were not $149.00 a night (and they were clean).
The room smelled. I had to pay up front and they had paper bath mats. It was by far the worst hotel/motel experience I have ever had... and the brochure says refrig in each room... mine sure did not have one (not that I'd put anything in it, if there was one). Anyone who reviewed the place and say it was OK must have the lowest standards imaginable, had a much much better room than I did and from what I saw I find that highly doubtable, OR BE AN OWNER/EMPLOYEE OF THE HOTEL.
BEWARE. I should have known. In all my hotel staying experiance, I've never been asked to pay up-front before and there was sign in the lobby that say ... no refunds and exchanges... I KNEW WHY QUICKLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

10  Thank bettenan
Bronx, NY
Reviewed 6 August 2004

While the Sunset Inn is affordable, it is not a hotel that I would stay for a week in. It was far from all the places I wanted to go to. The Pool left little to be desired, and there was nothing in the vicinity of the hotel to go to when you did not want to visit the boardwalk or a casino.

The rooms were too dark , the view was of your parked car, and there was a lack of extras in the room: no extra towels, no extra toiletries-nothing.
I only recommend the Sunset Inn for a overnight visit .

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2004

I thought I'd give this hotel a try being that it had mixed reviews. But once I arrived it wasn't what I thought it would be. It seemed like it was in the middle of no where b/c there's NOTHING in the area. The Borgata is nearby but it's not a place you can walk to being that there's no sidewalks.

All the lights in the room didn't work, there was no complentary breakfast treat as the ad states. The pool isn't something you'd want to go in b/c the water was multi-colored/dirty. Some of the towels provided had stains on them and the carpeting was a bit on the sticky side.

I have to admit the staff was very nice. I ended up checking out after the first night which they were very understanding about and refunded my stay for what I thought was going to be for 5 nights. It's an affordable place to stay & OK if you're just passing through for the night.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AH, NJ
Reviewed 28 June 2004

The motel is a 2 min. cab to the Borgata. Good place to stay if you are not going to the boardwalk or the boardwalk casinos. Great rates to save some $ for fun and gambling. We bring our own sheets, and piilow cases, and blanket to make it comfortable. Overall the rooms are semi-clean, and is an OK place to stay.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2004

Well after reviewing the reviews on here I wasn't sure if this was the place for me. And the fact that I could not find a picture of it really bothered me. BUut the place was much better than I had suspected. The furniture was fine, the bathroom was cute, the cable was great, lots of channels. But I don't know if it was just my room but the bed was slightly broken. I wasn't a real bed it was like two twin mattresses with a queen on top of it and it had a big dip in the middle. I did not like that AT ALL! The staff was courteous. And they tried with thier lil Sunny D and pastries in the morning. But if you are going to spend your day out its not a bad place to come back to. It is a ways to the center of AC, but not to the point where you would be tired when you finally got there.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member