“nope”

Skyline Inn Atlantic City
Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“nope”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

H this was the worst place I've EVER stayed at while traveling. The room smells like old people, and my worst complaint is the bathroom. The toilet takes like an hour to flush, and we called to complain and were told that all of the rooms are like that.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank illiteratepenguin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

bad service overpriced rooms were dirty lamps were stain and broken sink in bathroom never drained bed was stained we sleep in our clothes no breakfast room smelled microwave was burned and rusted door in front look like someone had broke in before noise front desk was hiding when we arrive late should have check this place out in advanced never will stay at a roadway inn ever again after allowing this motel to operate under this name room
was over $110.00 a night could not wait to leave in the morning

Room Tip: go some where else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Leone's F

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

White Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on East White Horse Pike. It was an average place. It was nice that they provided each room with a refrigerator and a microwave. It also had free HBO. The free breakfast was a little disappointing though, considering it was just 3 wrapped danishes in a box in the front office. The manager at the desk, was also a little rude and didn't seem to show much customer appreciation, but the housekeeper was nice, though she left an envelope on the dresser with a note that said "tips for housekeeper greatly appreciated" which I thought was a little rude. The place itself is about a 15 minute drive, on average to the beach/boardwalk/casinos. It wasn't too bad, but we had to pay for parking each time we went there so that added up quite a bit. The hotel does provide a free shuttle to the boardwalk, but it only runs on the weekend and it is only ever 2 hours so it wasn't too accommodating. Also, we were waiting outside of the parking lot for it and it never showed up, we mentioned it to the manager at the desk and he told us that we were supposed to wait in the hotel parking lot next to our hotel for it. How would we know to do that? You think he would have told us when we asked what the times were for the shuttle. Anyway, it is a nice place for the price, however, I would pay the few extra dollars to stay somewhere on the boardwalk next time, because the driving was a hassle at night, and the parking fees added up, plus I was not able to drink since I had to drive home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank amf3689
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We arrived there and there was a hole in the wall. Cigarette butts and ashes behind night stand. Mattress was dirty, the bathroom had mild do in the shower and under the sink. It was so black under the sink it stunk. The walls were dirty. I took pics of all this. Do not stay at the rodeway inn at 1600 n albany new jersey. I'm so APPLAUD. WE EVEN SLEPT WITH THE LIGHTS ON BECAUSE WE WERE AFRAID THERE MAY BE BEDBUGS. WE GOT LUCKY ON THAT NO BITES.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lina236
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Upon arriving on a Saturday afternoon, we noticed there must have been a pool in middle of the property that was filled in. The hotel in general needed updating, inside & out. The floors in the bedroom and bathroom were tiled making it very tricky walking without breaking your neck, especially after showering. We noticed there were no bath towels in our room so I had to track down a cleaning lady. Everything from here went downhill. A couple of things that really stood out were: the bathroom sink was blocked with standing water, there was an extension cord wrapped up and around the bathroom door to power the TV, the TV cable actually ran through the bathroom outside wall maybe 12” below the ceiling, it almost looked like a clothes line. There were tiles missing on the bathroom walls, bugs crawling on the floor, loose tiles in the shower floor making it tricky to stand up, hardly any hot water & holes in the bedroom walls. When we went into the closet to hang our clothes there was no closet rod or shelf. In addition, the ceiling in the closet had a missing trap door. I ended up sliding the chest in front of the closet doors for security. The hotel in general was run down and needs a ton of updating. We would never return to this dumpy hotel again.

Room Tip: The best tip I could give anyone about this dump is ................STAY AWAY............its not wor...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RRanella
Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I can tolerate a lot. The only 2 things that I require are a comfortable bed and 2 decent pillows. The mattress felt like it was 30 years old. And the pillows felt like someone runs a steam roller over them every day.

The motel is a one-story building in a C-shape. The office is at one end of the building. It was closed, so my dad did his business through a small window (very reassuring). The room looked like nothing had been updated since Reagan was president. And the shower situation was so bad it made me laugh. The curtain I think was remnants of a World War II era parachute.

Next time will pick somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin R
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Having stayed multiple times, I consider myself an expert on the Rodeway Inn of Atlantic City. My friends and I refer to it as the "Rodehead Inn." It was the cheapest available place to stay in AC on a Saturday, and there is no question why.

The door has neither a functioning pad lock nor a simple chain lock. Only the card swipe. Not good.

Let's discuss entertainment options. The Television (not TV) has an RJ-45 phone jack, but no RCA inputs for a VCR or Beta-Max.

How about lighting and decor? Highlights include the above-bed paintings and the17-ft lamp cord, although it apparently isn't plugged in.

Other low points include a television cabinet door that had to be propped open, a microwave that runs on a circular dial, and no bathroom soap. Overall, I feel itchy. Even Anton Chigurh would hesitate.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Best Western Envoy Inn
#13 of 49 in Atlantic City
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Skyline Inn Atlantic City? Share your experiences!