“Good Pub Grub, Full of Character”
Review of Irish Pub and Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlantic City
Irish Pub and Inn
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Irish Pub is a great location for a quick bite if you are in the Atlantic City boardwalk area. Just a few steps from all the lights and crowds, this is a relaxing spot to take a break. They serve good pub grub. Definitely not a location for a romantic evening or a fancy meal, but for a quick bite, it is a good option. Fish and chips were fantastic, as were the St. James Potatoes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne Y
There are newer reviews for Irish Pub and Inn

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Irish Pub and Inn is not a fancy place. Let's get that right out front. Nor is it particularly the best maintained, nor the cleanest. I wouldn't recommend this place for a romantic escape or a business trip. But for some friends looking for a good time, looking for a place for a base of operations, this place perfectly fits the bill. Good cheap food. Cheap beer. A place to sleep, a bathroom and a shower. That's about all this is. A lot more like a hostel than a hotel or na inn. I did see a cockroach, the staff could be friendlier, the neighborhood a little better, but honestly for the money and location it can't be beat. You'd have to stay miles off the strip to find yourself a better deal. The bar is open 24 hours, the bar tenders were always friendly, and you're just a few hundred feet to the board walk. The patio out back is real nice, great spot to relax and drink some cheap beers and eat some food. It's also open to 3:00 AM, which is always great (unless your room is right over it). Pic A Lilli Pub is right across the street, and is certainly worth a visit.

Room Tip: I'd try to get a room on the third or fourth floor, as they seemed to be in better shape, we'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kerberos824
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Atmosphere is always entertaining. Always a good place for a cheap good burger and fires and a beer. Can't beat the prices. You can never go wring walking into an Irish Pub for good food and drink. Bartenders were friendly and nice. Had a good time eating and laughing at all that was going on. It is a must in AC

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank disney07us
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was plannng a trip ro Atlantic City on a tuesday. I called the Inn that night and asked about a room., I wanted to make a reservation and a lady who answered the phone said, "just come in we have plenty or rooms". I called again on wednesday morning for a room just that night, A guy said "we have penty of rooms, come in after 2". i got there at 2:05 and they guys saw me and right awaysaid that threre were no more rooms available. I felt preujudice there. Asked for a manager and no one ever came. I will never stay there, Ever. They made my trip frustating. They need better more honest managers there. I will spread the word so people know not to trust them .

Room Tip: Never stay at The Irish Pub Inn in Atlantic city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Louis P
Reviewed 24 August 2013

On Aug. 20, 2013, I called to make a one night resevation. The woman said (we have plenty of rooms available, just come down) The stay was for one night, Aug. 21, and check out on Aug. 22. So, on Aug. 22nd, I called to make sure they had rooms, the man on the phone said (we have plenty of rooms, just come down) So, me and my friend got in the car, but when we got there, the man said (we are all booked up, there are plenty of rooms, in the city you can stay) I said,( you told me to just come down, that you had plenty of rooms, and that was only two hours ago) The man was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! he had an attitude! I worked in hotels, for over 25 years, and you always, TAKE A RESERVATION! Learn from this, as I am passing the word, to alot of friends, who wanted to stay there! Also, I think the man was prejudice, because he saw two men, who wanted a room! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!

Room Tip: Be careful
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex58Oaklyn
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Went there for lunch. Off the Boardwalk a little (actually) on the side of St. James in the vicinity of Ripley's Believe it or Not. Really nondescript looking so was a bit unsure based on the location whether it was worth the walk! Was pleasantly surprised with delicious foods and ambiance. Can't say enough about this place. May have a different tone as it gets later. Prices are extremely reasonable for Atlantic City Boardwalk vicinity. They have lunch for as little as $4 up until 2 pm I believe. You get a sandwich with a cup of soup. Had the minestrone soup...delicious. Service was pleasant too. Oh Corned Beef sandwich is also delicious. Portions are right sized. Even though you are not on a budget while visiting AC, definitely give this place a try. Look forward to enjoying again whenever I return to AC.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ccm1319
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I ate there the food was so bad and everything we order was deep deep fried. Crab cake I order I am still looking for the crab meat. It was stuff with bread crumbs. Sweet tea shady taste so bad when we complain the waitress said she is the manager and she paid for the drinks up front with her credit card and can not do anything about it they do not give out sample that is stupid. It is not worth eating there if you know good food you would be very disappointed
if you eat at the Irish Pub.To save yourself time and money eat on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple