“Average Irish Pub”
Review of Irish Pub and Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlantic City
Irish Pub and Inn
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
“Average Irish Pub”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is an OK place to go for a relatively cheap/relatively nice meal. It's not as expensive (nor as good) as really high-end restaurants in the casinos but not as crappy/quick as boardwalk food. It's nicely in the middle, with friendly service and a fun/bar atmosphere. We came here for dinner on a Sunday.

Most sandwich/platters are from $7-10, which is a fair price that includes a lot of food. We were mostly all satisfied, but not overly happy, with our meals. At our table, we had several different kinds of sandwiches (French dip, Reuben, burgers) and one fish/chips meal. Good food, but nothing great or special. The service was friendly and I can guess it gets rowdier at night. The bar area is attached but far enough away from the restaurant section in most places.

There is also an expensive gift shop and an actual Inn where you can stay. It's steps from the boardwalk. If I went back to A.C., I would try someplace else. It does seem pretty authentic though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank SheyJosie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Where are a local can feel like a local with a dive filled without low rent locals.

Cheap drinks and food. Parking. Crap neighborhood. Be careful if you walk off boardwalk.

Bartenders are good too. Best irish car bombs in city.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank billyandbobthedog
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The pub is becoming a disappointment. They need perforated mats under the glasses to prevent bacteria from growing on the glass rims. This makes me wonder if the beer taps and the kitchen is cleaned regularly. I really hope they get new management. They are attracting the wrong crowd. Cheep beer and food should not be the only reason you go to an Irish pub. They have lost there pride. I WANT TO SEE A SIGN;
New manager wanted ASAP. I love a pint of Guinness but seeing the condition of the bar area I had to drink a bottle of beer. Really disappointing. They need BAR RESCUE !

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank drinkguinness317
Brookhaven, PA
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Irish Pub was around the corner from our hotel, and we were hungry on a Saturday afternoon. We entered through the gift shop, and the place was decorated incredibly for Christmas. Looks like it takes a week and a half to set it up. The room is not lit brightly, the tables and walls are dark wood. We were seated quickly, and looked at the placemat menus. Only one or two items over $10. My wife got a scallop basket, I got a corned beef special. Hers was as expected, breaded scallops and steak fries. Both average, seemed frozen. My sandwich was decent. A good deal of quality meat, nice slaw and dressing, and the steak fries. They were quite hot, one redeeming quality. Overall OK, good for a quick inexpensive bite and a beer if you want. Not fine dining by any measure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FoodMakesMeHappy
Mebane, NC
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my second trip to the Irish Pub. The first time was about 3 years ago, and sat outside during the summer.....great atmosphere. This time it was too cold to sit outside, and we were seated in the front section. The menu options are very limited.....4-5 entrees and 4 sandwich choices (and two of the sandwich choices are Corned Beef sandwiches). I was with a group of 6, and we ordered the wings and meatballs as appetizers and they were very good, as well as the corned beef sandwich that I ordered (it is served cold on purpose).

The biggest issue I had was that we were seated in the front section, and the music was from 1930s, which after a while gets "old". We asked to be seated on the other side, since they have different music near the bar, and the waitress said, "no, we can't do that". Really??? There was plenty of room there. Besides that, she was slow, and it took a while for her to take our order. When six guys come into a bar and start ordering drinks and apps, I would think a waitress should be a bit more prompt. I'd go back, but I am not listening to that music again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NorthCarolina621
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2013

There were 4 of us looking forward to going down the shore and lunch at the Irish Pub. What a HUGE disappointment! The burgers were like fast food ones, the waitress never offered to refill drinks and I had to track her down to tell her we were ready for coffee. Should have skipped that as it turned out to be burnt - evidently sitting on the maker since morning! She offered to make another pot but it was too late. One of us ordered apple pie - they had no ice cream to go with it - never heard of such a thing!) and it was lousy. My friend said tastycake pies taste better! Also the ladies room could have used a cleaning, actually a complete make over would be better. There was not much room between the toilet and the door. Good thing we were not fat. We had fond memories of the Irish Pub but now will never go there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mariann d

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Irish Pub is a great location for a quick bite if you are in the Atlantic City boardwalk area. Just a few steps from all the lights and crowds, this is a relaxing spot to take a break. They serve good pub grub. Definitely not a location for a romantic evening or a fancy meal, but for a quick bite, it is a good option. Fish and chips were fantastic, as were the St. James Potatoes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple