“IRISH PUB FLOPHOUSE”
Review of Irish Pub and Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlantic City
Irish Pub and Inn
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Unless you could care less about where you sleep and the conditions of your room, DON'T STAY HERE! The employees are very nice but the "Inn" is really a flophouse. When we entered our room (smaller than a walk-in closet) it smelled musty & was so hot (no A/C). 30 year old wallpaper was peeling from the walls. The bathroom was so sketchy. There was a door in the bathroom that adjoined to the next room with a flimsy lock. The sketchy looking guy we saw going into that room was trying to get the door open the entire 10 minutes we were there. We immediately left and stayed at one of the casinos.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 39LoveToTravel

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you're looking for a pub that is and resembles something out of Ireland, do not look for it here at the Irish Pub and Inn. It may have the name and sell some trinkets but that's as far as it goes. They lacked some of the most common pub grub food, you'd fine in an Irish Pub. Fish and Chips was the only thing they had and it wasn't even up to standards. I don't recommend wasting your money on it. Everything on the menu was standard American "Diner" food really. The only two Irish beverages they stocked were Guinness and Magners. The bartender apparently didn't know how to mix a drink either for the table next to us ordered a mudslide and it came in a shot glass... Which brings me back to the Guinness ... If you are going to serve Guinness as your only Irish beer, learn how to set the nitro on it, do a proper poor and for pity sake, serve it in the proper glass.. We ordered and it came in an old ice cream shop type soda glass.. Shameful!!!

The decor in there would better be suited for a 1920's theme speak easy rather than an Irish Pub. You can see the history dating back to just then. I think they would do better to reinvent themselves to such an era and that could be their catch. Would make more sense then calling themselves an Irish Pub and playing all 1920's American ballads.

Genuine Irish bars and pubs are far and in between these days. For the few that do get it right, I toast to you.. Sláinte :)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Wind_at_me_back
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is an OK place to go for a relatively cheap/relatively nice meal. It's not as expensive (nor as good) as really high-end restaurants in the casinos but not as crappy/quick as boardwalk food. It's nicely in the middle, with friendly service and a fun/bar atmosphere. We came here for dinner on a Sunday.

Most sandwich/platters are from $7-10, which is a fair price that includes a lot of food. We were mostly all satisfied, but not overly happy, with our meals. At our table, we had several different kinds of sandwiches (French dip, Reuben, burgers) and one fish/chips meal. Good food, but nothing great or special. The service was friendly and I can guess it gets rowdier at night. The bar area is attached but far enough away from the restaurant section in most places.

There is also an expensive gift shop and an actual Inn where you can stay. It's steps from the boardwalk. If I went back to A.C., I would try someplace else. It does seem pretty authentic though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SheyJosie
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Where are a local can feel like a local with a dive filled without low rent locals.

Cheap drinks and food. Parking. Crap neighborhood. Be careful if you walk off boardwalk.

Bartenders are good too. Best irish car bombs in city.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank billyandbobthedog
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The pub is becoming a disappointment. They need perforated mats under the glasses to prevent bacteria from growing on the glass rims. This makes me wonder if the beer taps and the kitchen is cleaned regularly. I really hope they get new management. They are attracting the wrong crowd. Cheep beer and food should not be the only reason you go to an Irish pub. They have lost there pride. I WANT TO SEE A SIGN;
New manager wanted ASAP. I love a pint of Guinness but seeing the condition of the bar area I had to drink a bottle of beer. Really disappointing. They need BAR RESCUE !

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank drinkguinness317
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Irish Pub was around the corner from our hotel, and we were hungry on a Saturday afternoon. We entered through the gift shop, and the place was decorated incredibly for Christmas. Looks like it takes a week and a half to set it up. The room is not lit brightly, the tables and walls are dark wood. We were seated quickly, and looked at the placemat menus. Only one or two items over $10. My wife got a scallop basket, I got a corned beef special. Hers was as expected, breaded scallops and steak fries. Both average, seemed frozen. My sandwich was decent. A good deal of quality meat, nice slaw and dressing, and the steak fries. They were quite hot, one redeeming quality. Overall OK, good for a quick inexpensive bite and a beer if you want. Not fine dining by any measure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FoodMakesMeHappy
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my second trip to the Irish Pub. The first time was about 3 years ago, and sat outside during the summer.....great atmosphere. This time it was too cold to sit outside, and we were seated in the front section. The menu options are very limited.....4-5 entrees and 4 sandwich choices (and two of the sandwich choices are Corned Beef sandwiches). I was with a group of 6, and we ordered the wings and meatballs as appetizers and they were very good, as well as the corned beef sandwich that I ordered (it is served cold on purpose).

The biggest issue I had was that we were seated in the front section, and the music was from 1930s, which after a while gets "old". We asked to be seated on the other side, since they have different music near the bar, and the waitress said, "no, we can't do that". Really??? There was plenty of room there. Besides that, she was slow, and it took a while for her to take our order. When six guys come into a bar and start ordering drinks and apps, I would think a waitress should be a bit more prompt. I'd go back, but I am not listening to that music again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends