“pleasant stay- would come back”

Quality Inn Flamingo
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“pleasant stay- would come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Came here with a bunch of my friends for the weekend. They stayed in the Chelsea and Annex, but I needed a more affordable place to stay. This motel is right across the street from my friends and I read that is was renovated this year. With my AAA, I paid about $65 Friday and about $80 Saturday. Room was nicely furnished. Bathroom was very clean. Plenty of towels. I thoroughly checked the bedding...no bed bugs, no stains..which really made me feel better. I have been in expensive hotels and have had all of these negative things happen. Free breakfast was good. Staff was not too outgoing, but curteous. In the end, the place had all that I needed: a clean, comfortable bed, clean bathroom with hot water and plenty of clean towels, security locks on the door, adjustable room temperature, tv, fridge. I would come back again and would suggest others to visit this motel. Hopefully the renovation and new management and staff will continue on a positive note.

Room Tip: Get an end unit so you have guests on only one side of you. Try to get top floor-bottom floors can...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Carrie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Acouple of my friends and I stayed here for a night for my friend's bday. They stayed at the Tropicana which is about a block away and paid about $350,where as we only paid $150. It was a nice room, updated, and had a fridge.Only problem we had was that it smelled like dirty towels. Tried everything to get the stink out, but it still lingered.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank KY025
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

If I could rate this less than a 1 I would. First of all the bathtub was so disgusting I couldn't even use it to take a shower but when I told the staff about it all they said is we have pics to prove it was fine. By the way I'm still waiting to see this pic. Then after I paid my final bill in cash after I left they put an extra charge on there that I didn't even use and said there's nothing they could do about it. Basically what I'm saying is I would have rather slept in my car then pay for this piece of crap that you call Quality Inn. It wasn't even like I had high hopes for this place its a motel and I just needed a place to sleep but they really need new management.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank samf89

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I checked into this hotel on 9/17/11. That night, I saw two huge bed bugs on the corner next to my pillow. I informed my husband and he checked and saw one immediately on his side of the bed as well. Upon further inspection, we saw more bed bugs all over the mattress and blanket. We informed the person at the front desk and he came over to the room and saw them too. He was going to spray the bed with a bottle of bug spray, but I knew that wouldn’t eliminate the problem. There was no way I was going to sleep on the bed after that. Unfortunately, there were no other rooms the hotel could put us into that night.

We ended up checking out right after that. In trying to get a refund the following days, the supervisor at the Quality Inn was denying there was a bed bug problem even though one of his employees came to our room and saw the bed bugs with his very own eyes. Avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Char667
iom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

we hadn't booked a room in advance and had previously stayed at the chelsea and had hoped to stay again but it was a bit pricey so before committing we decided to see what was available and dropped in to the Quality Inn and I'm so glad we did, the price was amazing, the room was super clean, there was security and we felt safe walking up to the boardwalk and back and within our room. The breakfast was fantastic, served in the breakfast room which was really spacious. It was $79 for room and breakfast and free parking so absolutely a bargain but we didn't compromise on anything, we would definitively stay there again, why pay casino prices when you can stay here and still be within easy walking distance of everything?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank t-c67
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

It's a brand new place completely redone. The rooms are stunning and immaculate. The breakfast was hot and filing. Stefanie who worked in the breakfast eating area was a sweet heart. As for the group of indians running the place, they seemed clueless. Their customer service left for something to be desired. Our room keys needed re-setting every night. Very aggravating. They were simply rude and unfriendly. Overall, we were one block from the board walk and walking distance to all !

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank GiffnChul
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

I don't even know where to begin...our whole weekend was a disaster thanks to this hotel! Our reservation was for Thursday – Sunday. I let them know a week before that we would be a late check in (around 2 or 3 am) & the gentleman said that would be fine, he’d make a note on my account. We checked in around 3 am. When we got up to the desk, the kid sitting there reading a book had to go to the back to get someone else to check us in, once that gentleman checked us in, he had to go to the back to get someone else to run the credit card...how many people does it take to check someone into a hotel room? (& they couldn’t even do that right) I signed the paper & was never provided w/ a receipt. The next morning a cleaning woman barged into our room even though we told her we didn’t need anything & to come back later. Around 11:45 we received a call on the room’s phone asking if we would be staying another night because it’s almost check out time (even though check out is at 11:00). My boyfriend & I walked down to the front desk & explained to the gentleman that we had a reservation until Sunday. After some confusion, I provided them with my reservation confirmation number. After a little more confusion & discussion I was told that because I didn’t physically state “I have a reservation” & instead chose to say “I’m checking in, here’s my information” they totally forwent our reservation altogether, considered us a no show & checked us in as a walk-in. The manager was rude and blamed me for the entire situation, as if I were lying about having a reservation even though I was holding the confirmation right in my hand. We were completely irate! All I wanted was an answer as to why this occurred & he couldn’t even answer me. I explained that I had called to make a note on the account of our late arrival, told him I thought that booking it months in advance w/ my credit card that it should’ve held my reservation & even asked why did my reservation not come up when they typed my name in the system? He couldn’t provide me with any sort of answers, all he kept saying was “You never said I have a reservation.” Excuse me but I was never asked either (also the first hotel I've stayed at that never asked). Because I didn’t just drive 4 hrs from PA to sleep there for a few & drive back home, I decided I’d take him up on his $89.00 for another night offer & stay b/c we didn’t have the money to stay elsewhere. Upon leaving the office extremely irritated, he asked if we needed housekeeping to come to the room. I told him don’t worry about turndown or anything like that, just if we could get some new towels, that would be great. We left for the day around 1:00pm & didn’t return until around 6 or 6:30pm & upon entering the room, nothing had been done. Granted I said don’t worry about turndown but all the used towels were still on the floor & no new ones had been brought up. I’m glad we didn’t need toilet paper or anything! My boyfriend called down to the front desk & requested new towels. 10..15...20 minutes go by & still no one has come up. It took my boyfriend physically walking down to the front desk to get them & that was like pulling teeth, no one acknowledged him or wanted to help him out. Even when I checked out that next morning, I was never provided with a receipt...wonder where all that money is actually going. BY FAR THE WORST STAY I’VE EVER HAD!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR & GO ELSEWHERE, UNLESS YOU ENJOY GETTING HARRASED & TREATED LIKE GARBAGE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple