All reviewshot breakfastroom was cleanwaffle makerthe breakfast areabreakfast includedtropicana casinopacific avedefinitely stay here againboardwalk hallflat screenking bedsmoking roomcerealconcert
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Checked in on July 18 and we had two rooms two nights each. When I made the reservation initially we had planned on having 4 people. When we arrived at the hotel we had extra 2 people traveling with us and I was told that each extra person adds 20$ a night extra charge(total 80). I was totally surprised and not expecting that. When i told the manager that the extra two people live in Atlantic city and they will be with us in and out of the rooms but not spending the night hereI was told by the manager quote:" I not gonna have the whole Atlantic city staying in my rooms". After the respond I wanted to cancel the reservation . I had booked prepaid reservation without cancelation option so no one from choice hotels or the management was willing to help me and let me cancel. We hadn't even checke in and I already was having issues. We left unable to check in at 2 pm. When we came back to check in at 3 I asked again if I can cancel the reservation and get a refund but no one was willing to help me. That time the manager on duty had completely different attitude and even though he tried to be nice the initial bad impression was already there.
Even though it says that the hotel was built in 2011 furniture are so worn out- broken mirror, burns on the cover of he ironing board, holes in the sheets.
On top of it all they we were unable to get wifi I the rooms and had to go tithe lobby to use the wifi. I reported the problem , they supposedly tried to help but what's the use of it if after all you still can't get any wifi in you room , you couldn't even find their network inside the room. The manager came to the room and he was unable to get connected.
On their check in counters they have a tripadvisor letter congratulating them on the possitive reviews. Really ? Who gives them possitive reviews?
At the end I paid the extra person charges and we had our friends staying with us since we were paying anyway. I wouldn't have been so pissed I they let me cancel the reservation but their unwillingness to help and their poor customer service was a turn off
Do not stay there!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank dreamscometrue12
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A great buy and location. Walking distance is 3 min to the boardwalk and ocean. About 5-7 min walk to tropicana casino. A nice basic clean affordable place at Atlantic city. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Cindy from Indiana.

Room Tip: Wifi a little weak, but very clean, bed great, and shower spotless. A great little buy for the $$
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family and I spent one night here. The hotel it self was in good shape. The staff could have been a little more polite. We arrived in town before check-in, and I went to see about early check-in. They said no, which I fully understood, so I wanted to pay the $10 for the 24/hr parking fee. They gladly took that and asked me to pay for my room at that point as well. And to be honest, had no issue doing that either. We parked and went to the beach. When we arrived back later in the day, they proceeded to inform me, that I needed to pay another $50 for a security deposit, which is nowhere on their site. This did bother me quite a bit. As a Choice rewards member, this is something I have never seen at any of their other hotels.

My major problem happened on the second day. As we were heading out to our day at the beach, I slipped going down the steps, and slid about 7-8 step on my back. While the staff outside was quite attentive and offered medical service and helped my kids pick up the pieces of the mess, the management did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I heard the staff calling management to inform them. Their response, "ok". After composing myself, I went into the office to check-out and pay for my other day of parking because we weren't going home just yet. The office staff, did not ask if I was ok, anything they could do, nothing. This turned me off from this place quite quickly. They then went on to call the cleaning staff to check my room, before refunding my deposit. And then proceeded to charge me another $10 for parking. The little things do wonders in my opinion, and the staff in the office was HORRENDOUS. Total arrogant snobs.

if you are looking for a courteous staff, spent the extra $20/night get your free parking and stay in a casino hotel. There are plenty.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, if you enjoy a good night sleep, or a good staff.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Everything in our room looked new and appeared clean. Only problem was the smell of mold. Very distinct moldy smell.

Very close to boardwalk. Didn't appear to be a 'bad location' as others have claimed. You have to pay $10 to park in their parking lot and its only good from check-in (1600) to check-out (1100).

They give you ticket stubs to take to breakfast and ask that you don't bring food back in to your room. No one checked these tickets and there were many people coming grabbing plates of breakfast food and leaving, just to come right back and take some more. One guy must have come in 4-5 times taking plates of food. Only one waffle iron :( so never got my kiddos a waffle.

I probably would not return. Room cost a little over $300 for two double beds and I can pay that much and stay at a high end hotel. It was the 4th of July, though. I only ended up staying here because our trip was a last minute decision and there were no other rooms available at the resorts.

Overall, a good place. The mold smell just killed it for me, though.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

First I choose this hotel because of the reviews,but the reality is different.I stayed 1 night in this hotel.Never agais in.Overpriced,horrible Wi Fi,room smell is bad,rude service,Tiny pillows.Look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family