All reviews hot breakfast room was clean waffle maker eggs and sausage the breakfast area breakfast included tropicana casino pacific ave beach boardwalk would stay again flat screen king bed smoking room cereal concert
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Two Issues:
First, This property looks clean, well maintained, and fairly new from the outside and even the rooms have modern furniture and fixtures. The rooms are basic cleaned, but this is where it stops. Don't walk bare foot or wear white socks on the nice dark carpet. It is dark for a reason. My bare feet were black from walking on the carpet! See my photo of a white bath towel after running it across the carpet! Apparently no carpet cleaning or deep cleaning every few months.

Secondly, the shady parking charges. I have no problem paying for parking at a hotel when they truly have an added cost of parking. This hotel has its own lot in the center 'courtyard' area along with ample parking around the perimeter. If you are going to charge for parking, it should be all lumped together with the room rate/taxes. The more irritating item for me is there is no set "parking" charge either as per the Choice Hotels website for this property- it says to contact the property for current rate instead of indicating parking is X dollars per night like any other reputable hotel that isn't trying to milk guests for unnecessary charges.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank cmh7020
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

The location,too far from shopping at the walk,also you would have to drive.I would rather take the Jitney across from hotel,much easier and save money on parking,once you get to Michigan ave you can walk to all the Restaurants, Shopping, Casinos.and boardwalk.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lionhearth
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I checked into the hotel on a Saturday afternoon. There was no line and was able to check in about an hour early. The men behind the desk were very friendly and checked us in quickly.
The rooms were slightly smaller than other hotel rooms in AC, but they were clean and updated. The room came with a refrigerator and a microwave. I was on the second floor on the inside of the building.
The location of the hotel was within a short walk of the tropicana and on the main road where were were easily able to get a cab to go further in AC.
The price was a lot cheaper than staying in any of the casino hotels and I don't really feel like I missed out on anything.
I would definitely stay back at the hotel if the price is right.

1  Thank dks61885
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Everything was better than expected until breakfast. . . . the staff who all seemed to be starting their shift, helped themselves to breakfast. Now this may sound petty, and this complaint is not about the money nor the closeness of being with housekeepers, but that they would stand in the way of paying customers who wanted a drink and even worse, make themselves hot waffles while paying customers were waiting. If management feels it is important to feed staff, why not put the food in a separate room?

3  Thank boyd66
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night in a 1st floor room with 2 double beds. The person who checked us in was very nice and the rest of the staff seemed very friendly. The room, however, was old and worn out. The bed was lumpy and their were holes in the sheets - probably from not being replaced in years. The door didn't seal completely so there was lots of outside noise and light. The worst problem was the mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. I'm not talking about a few spots but the entire ceiling was covered in mold. I'm sure the owner and staff mean no harm but they have got to fix the problem. We didn't complain because we knew they were booked solid and there were no other rooms near the boardwalk. I would defiantly stay again if I new they renovated the rooms. The location is great and the price was good (for a sold out weekend) but I can't overlook the amount of mold in the room.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before committing to this property.
2  Thank Anthony G