“Not good”

Quality Inn Flamingo
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Everything in room was clean except the carpet. It was filthy and nasty. Left for breakfast came back two hours later and about $4.00 worth of change I had left was gone. This change was not laying in the open. It had other stuff on top of it. It was not meant to be a tip as we still had another night at the motel. Went to office and complained they said they would check into it. When we returned that evening what a surprise the money was back. Wi-Fi in room only had one bar, could not do any work in room. Went to McDonalds and sat in parking lot, and used their Wi-Fi. I would never stay at this place again.

2  Thank Bruce M

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Booked 2 rooms for a sunday nite in August for a overnight family beach and boardwalk get together. Only one block to beach and boardwalk. I was able to find public parking on street so I was glad to save the $10 per nite to park,which I thought wasn't cool anyway.The room was small but clean, TV worked well. The only problem with our room was that the rug at the door was separating and would have been dangerous with bare feet. The front office was very specific about check in 3 pm or after but did give us rooms next to each other without asking . As for breakfast we were there early so really no problems OK selection, food was hot, pastries were delicious .Asked for a late check out and they gave us extra half hour, they said they had a large crowd checking in that day.

2  Thank beerman
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having never been to Atlantic City, we wanted a hotel close to the city's core, yet also close to the boardwalk. After looking at several reviews for budget hotels, we decided on this Quality Inn. As far as the room goes, the quality is absolutely there. The beds and bathrooms were very clean, and a fridge was provided, something that other hotels did not have. The rooms were excellently furnished with new TVs and air conditioning units. The location is about a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk/beach so that makes the area very nice. The reasons why I cannot recommend this hotel are due to its staff and service. First off, the front desk were okay, not friendly, but not rude either. The rest of the staff however plain did not want to be there. They were not happy at all, and did the minimal amount of work to please customers. The breakfast there was horrible. The system they use does not allow people to bring food to their rooms and only allows a certain amount of people in the breakfast area at a time. This made for HUGE breakfast lines that went out of the room and out of the hotel's front lobby doors. We waited close to 30 minutes just to get breakfast. The waffles were the only positive, the sausages and eggs were rubbery and not fresh at all. Fruit, yogurt, milk, and cereal options were kept to a bare minimum. The other reason why I cannot recommend this hotel is due to the non-existent wireless service. We tried walking around the hotel to connect to wi-fi, but the signal was so incredibly weak, we could not even connect TO THE SERVICE. We asked the front desk about it, but they blamed it on the weather (it was rainy that day, not thundering). In conclusion, I can't recommend this hotel. They did a great job cleaning the rooms and keeping them in top form, yet they absolutely fail at delivering customer service. It's quite disappointing that such a clean hotel does not have staff who care about their guests when issues arise.

2  Thank khanhle009
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

First and foremost, the rooms were great, especially for a motel. Great location as well.

However, the staff was truly horrible. After the first night, they made us move rooms to a much smaller one, even though I already confirmed a week before that we had made two separate reservations and the front desk said it would not be a problem.

Also, its 10 dollars a day to park.

Finally, the worse part was that one morning we overslept our checkout time by 10 minutes. Rather than call like any normal hotel, they banged and smashed at our door over and over, even after we had opened the door and told them that we would be leaving within 15 minutes. Not a great way to treat a person.

Overall, because of the staff, I will not be back unless they have an abnormally cheap rates, because like I said, the rooms were in excellent condition and very clean.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adam N
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you don't want to spend a ton of money by staying in one of the AC casino hotels, this motel is very clean and has a friendly staff and it comes at a great rate. It is just one block from Tropicana and access to the AC boardwalk. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When checking in any motel, always ask for an upstairs room. This will limit the amount of noise whe...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian G
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a fine motel with exterior hallways at the southern end of Atlantic City. It is on Pacific that puts you one block from the Boardwalk and one block from Atlantic Ave which is a commercial street for the residents. This side is very Blue collar. You get less affluent people, younger groups out for a good time and some seedy element across the street at the liquor store and the deli. If you care about that, beware; if not no worries.

The motel itself is fine and well run. We got a room right over the office and at the end of the hall which was quiet. We never heard neighbors. although we did hear people noisily walking on Pacific late Saturday night. the room was renovated and featured an attractive King bed with square pillows that were the size of a medium throw pillow. I found them comfortable. My wife likes firm mattresses and this was a new firm mattress. She slept well, but I was a little restless, but can't say if it was the mattress or just me.

The shower was fine with a decent but not strong stream, which is fairly typical these days. The towels are thin and scratchy as one finds at this level. I don't particularly care about free breakfasts, but they provided many items from continental (sliced bread for toasting, muffins, really good little cinnamon rolls, cereal (hot and cold), fruits) to egg patties, sausage and make your won waffles. Considering it's free, it is fine.

There is always free coffee, decaf and hot water for tea or chocolate in the lobby 24/7.

The staff were friendly and especially reassuring when they turned down an older man with a young very exposed woman who were looking for a room at 11PM on Saturday night. Check in/out were a breeze and very friendly and courteous. I had called with a question before arriving and got a nice friendly answer.

We booked this room a couple of weeks prior to arrival after buying last minute tickets to a Saturday night Queen concert. The casino hotels were sold out and the only choices available within walking distance were these motels on either extreme. The prices for Saturday night in the area were very high. 1 star motels like Econolodge were going around 200+. Even hotels within a few miles were similalrly priced and between 1-2 stars. We settled on the Quality Inn Flamingo after getting it for about $245/night taxes included using AAA (I'm a member) on their website. A few days before the show, the Trump Plaza, which is next door to the Boardwalk Hall opened up rooms for $299 ($355 with tax) and I also reserved there, but cancelled after reading the negative reviews on TripAdvisor thinking if I am going to be unhappy with a hotel, I'd rather stick to the 245 than pay an extra 100. Considering the above and that this was the top of the remaining local hotels available I was glad to stay there. Would i do it again? I prefer to be further north where the crowd is different and less blue collar. That said if that were not an option and this were available for under $100; I would. I would probably not do it again for $245.

Room Tip: Getting a room over the ofice puts you at end of hall so less traffic in front of your door. You wil...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sternfan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here in 2013 and found the bath tub dirty though it had been cleaned. Mold and dirt were all around the fixtures and parts of the tile and floor. The dust was not under control either. We never received clean sheets and had to get them and put them on the beds ourselves even after notifying the manager. The management promised to call us back in reference to our complaint, but never called. We were simply ignored after multiple attempts to get a response. I can only imagine what was on the carpet and bed spreads(which we did not use) since the cleaning job was lazy and careless.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family