“More bad than good and some of the ugliness too!!”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Vancouver, BC
“More bad than good and some of the ugliness too!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Located in the back parking lot of Taj Mahal this motel had a few things going for it but only a few. It"s about a five to six minute walk to the boardwalk but the walk is a little sketchy although being a woman alone I never ran into any problems.
The room was relatively clean, never noticed any bugs of any kind and the carpet although worn was vacuumed with clean bed sheets.
The elevator going down to the lobby area was disgusting with a sign saying no more than two people.
Because the room faced the road it was very noisy until at least 2 am which was a real turnoff.
It wasn't the cheapest rates with paying over a hundred dollars for the room but it was a big enough room with a working tv.
The worse part was the shower small with a stopped up tub.
I would advise to avoid as I'm sure you can find much better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank cujoetta

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The motel was very close to the boardwalk & parking was good, a bonus. Didn't want to chance the elevator that had a sign that only two people can use it at a time--we took the stairs. The queen beds were comfy but I did check for bed bugs first. The bathroom had moldy grout which they need to replace or bleach. I asked them to replace my shower curtain as it was moldy and ripped & the shower is so cramped you cannot help but touch the curtain. Very polite people at the desk, and the Hostess cupcakes set out for breakfast were quirky.

Room Tip: try to get one in the backas the front is very noisy with people and traffic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Barrington, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 May 2013

So, just like the title of another review, this place was about what you'd expect for the price. Pretty no-frills hotel that's in a good location and does the job if you only need a place to crash for an overnight or weekend in A.C. Not sure what people expect when they come on here and bash the place? I mean, you should kinda know what you're in for ahead of time based on the reviews and price. If you're only in town for a night or weekend, this will do. Check in was smooth, they have free, on site parking and the room itself was fine (if very dated). It had a flat screen, decent sized bed, a fridge, coffee maker etc. Pretty much everything you need for a short stay where you're not looking to break the bank on hotels. Have to say, if nothing else, it was very quiet the weekend we were there. Always a plus!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keith S
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stay away. We ended up there on August 16th. The room smell was horrible - like old socks and moth balls. The air conditioner did not work - it was sweltering that day. There was still hair left in the bathtub from previous lodgers. For $126 for that night it was the worst deal ever. Everything was old and needed updating. I think the carpet was 50 years old - it smelt that bad. Couldn't use the TV. I mean for that price you should be at least comfortable.

Room Tip: Go to the motel across the street called the Knights Inn. Much better.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne L

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

North Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed in Atlantic City for 5 days. Hoping to save a little money, we opted to stay at the Red Carpet Inn over the weekend before heading over to Bally’s on Sunday. For the price, it was pretty much what we expected. But there was no way to exit the motel from your room… you had to go down into the lobby and exit there, which leads right out to the street. Fine during the day but anyone who’s been to Atlantic City knows you can bump into some sketchy characters on the streets at night. And it’s about a five minute walk to the boardwalk, so don’t stay here if you want to be right in the action.

The room was clean for the most part. There were a few stains on the comforter (didn’t bother us, but I know some people get freaked out by that) and we had some problems with the TV (it had a mind of its own), but other than that nothing major. One thing we were kind of upset about… we always leave the Do Not Disturb signs up because we’d rather they didn’t go in and clean at all during our stay. But in the morning we couldn’t find one of those signs in our room, so we left, assuming that they would not come around to clean. We closed the curtain because we left all of our personal belongings right out in the open (a laptop, my purse, etc.). But when we got back to the room later, our curtain was wide open! The maid had opened it when she went in to clean. If I leave the curtain closed it means I wanted it that way.

Aside from that, I do have to say, the older gentleman at the front desk was very, very nice and extremely helpful. Checking in was pleasant, and he always smiled and said hello when you came in.

All in all, because of the location and the walk, I don’t really think this is the best place for families with young children. But if you’re not super picky and don’t mind the lack of luxury, this motel is fine, and a cheap option for a vacation in AC.

P.S. If you get a chance, stop by Constantino’s right next door for breakfast. The service was great, and the food was pretty good!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank srrbell
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I was in Atlantic City celebrating my 21st, and didn't want to pay the ridiculously priced Saturday rates in most of the hotels in Atlantic City, So, my boyfriend and I opted for the Red Carpet Inn, since it was only a fraction of the price of most hotels. To be honest, you get what you paid for. I was hesitant in staying at Red Carpet, but my stay was very pleasant. The receptionists were attentive and courteous. They were really nice to us. They were lenient in our late check-out (we were recovering from the previous night's booze-fest haha), and even let us park the car in their lot after checking out, giving us some time to eat and walk on the boardwalk. When we first came into our room, it smelled like someone sprayed air freshener on every surface of the room. We had to keep the door open to air it out. But afterwards, everything was smooth sailing. Bathroom was a little old and rusty, but still fairly clean. The comforter was old and had holes, so we decided not to use it and crank up the heat instead. We had free Wi-Fi, free cable, free pastries in the morning-- hey, we weren't complaining. But it doesn't compare to a nice standard room in a Hotel/Casino. If you're staying on a weekday, find a nice hotel, as rates would probably be pretty inexpensive, and you get to enjoy luxuries that you can't find in a motel. Red Carpet is if you're on a budget or need a decent place to crash for the night. The only reason we even considered an inn/motel was because our trip fell on a Saturday to Sunday stay, and prices were really high. Plus, we knew that we wouldn't spend that much time in our room. We didn't want to spend $300 to $400 for a room we'd barely stay in. We went to the casinos and clubs, and came back at 5 in the morning. Great service, good price, decent place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NF25
Reviewed 7 October 2011

since everywhere was booked we were stuck here for 2 nites w my gf.( presidents weekend) it was a last minute getaway. anyway since the location was not so far off we booked it. the 24 hour receptionest was half asleep 24 hours a day ..... breakfast coffee? really? thats a joke! the room had a weird odor i cannot describe the floor(carpet) felt wet. and towels were not even so clean( Thanks to my quick thinking i had brought my own) i didnt even want to take a shower. the windows were too thin...the door had like 5 locks on it and it wasnt the safest place at all! the heat worked after few hours. but if you want to go for a night and just need a spot to crash then go ahead its for you... but never for me again...
red carpet was a total black carpet....

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends