“The worst and dirtiest hotel in the country”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“The worst and dirtiest hotel in the country”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel should be closed by the Health Dept.
After checking in , me and my wife wanted to get out and come back as late as possible. The room was smelly and nothing was working , even the outdated tv an broken toilet, which my wise almost felt down , because it was fixed to the floor. After coming back around 11 pm , called the help desk to complain , that towels were dirty and I wouldn't use them even moping the floor, got a message that the box is full and cannot accept any messages. We were trying to get another hotel , but unfortunately to late to find anything available on a busy summer weekend at the shore?
We had no other choice and decided to stay overnight . In 15 min got across on a couple of cockroaches and there was nobody to complain to.
Next morning after checking out I explained to the clerk about this and got worst attitude. I requested a full credit and after I left the hotel , got a phone call from the hotel, offering $50 .
I refuse it and will stop my credit card to pay for this terrible night .

Room Tip: I wish nobody would this terrible experience , instead of enjoying a nice summer weekend
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for a getaway with your friends. I threw my boyfriend's birthday party and had about 5 rooms filled with our friends. The hotel manager was so nice helping me book them next to each other and then with assisting us in parking all our guests' cars. The rooms are perfect for sleeping in with 2 large beds in each room! It's location is perfect a block from the boardwalk and it's reasonably priced. I would def stay here again we had a great time!!

Stayed November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

All I can say it's very out dated, dirty and smelly. I asked my husband to drive back home for 2 hours instead of laying down in that bed. The bed was so cheap, sheets were stained dirty. I've never seen nothing like this before. I was surprised that for 171.00 a night stay it would look this bad. It's conveniently located near the boardwalk but after having all the fun, it's a disgusting place to come back to. Breakfast included? Yeah... A cheap table in front of the office where you check in that also looks nasty and dirty, with a coffee machine and some bagels on the side. That's your breakfast!! Pay $50 dollars more and stay in a decent hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Adysmom84

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was in Atlantic City for a film festival and stayed at the Red Carpet Inn. We had to pay in advance before we could see the room. The lobby was really old and dirty. The room, at first glance, didn't look half bad. The bathroom was clean and we where pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews online. We changed our minds when we flipped the covers back. The sheets were full of stains. Gross. The bed was held together with plastic and ductape. I guess location is ok since it's close to the boardwalk. I will not come back to either Atlantic City nor the Red Carpet Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Chose this place for its proximity to casinos. paid $150 for a nationally known motel, didn't think there would be a problem. Checked in to a man behind bullet proof glass. Lobby was a hallway. got to room. Smelled moldy, Put overnight bad on table which I had to grab to keep from collapsing. Dresser was old, varnish was worn off . carpet was stained bathroom was dirty. Went to casinos and a show got back to room around 3 am. Decided to drive 2 hrs home instead of getting into that bed

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank john1511zl
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located near Resorts and Taj Mahal. We paid $70.00 for a king room. It was dated, dirty and worn. The smell in the hotel was indescribable. The desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The other guests were loud and disruptive in the early morning. Although not the hotels fault, we were awakened at 4:15am by a woman insisting we were in her room. We threatened to call the police after she knocked on the door 3 times. In short, pay a few extra bucks for a nicer place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NurseMaria
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Located in the back parking lot of Taj Mahal this motel had a few things going for it but only a few. It"s about a five to six minute walk to the boardwalk but the walk is a little sketchy although being a woman alone I never ran into any problems.
The room was relatively clean, never noticed any bugs of any kind and the carpet although worn was vacuumed with clean bed sheets.
The elevator going down to the lobby area was disgusting with a sign saying no more than two people.
Because the room faced the road it was very noisy until at least 2 am which was a real turnoff.
It wasn't the cheapest rates with paying over a hundred dollars for the room but it was a big enough room with a working tv.
The worse part was the shower small with a stopped up tub.
I would advise to avoid as I'm sure you can find much better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo