See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Full disclosure: I did not actually stay at this hotel because as we were told when we arrived to check in, there was a "glitch in the system" and they lost the room reservation despite it having been made well in advance. Three rooms were supposed to be reserved, but when we arrived with the other members of our party (the people who's name the reservation was under) they only had one reservation. We did not stay, but we did see the room so my review is based on that. I am not deducting any stars for the lost reservations because to be honest I understand things like this happen, and the staff was moderately helpful with regards to helping us find new accommodations for the evening.

My boyfriend and I were supposed to stay here one night. We did not pick the place, but were being put up for the night by our travel companions so beggars can't be choosers. For the record, I would have stayed here without complaint had the hotel not lost our reservation. My main concern was with the bathrooms. I'm not at all what I would call a germaphobe, but I can't take a shower in a dirty bathroom. Based on other reviews of this place I'd read, I was really worried that the bathrooms would be so gross that I wouldn't be able to use them. As it turns out, the bathroom was probably the cleanest part of the room our party was given, much cleaner than I expected and not at all gross or grody as I feared.

As for the cleanliness of the rest of the room...not so much. The sheets looked clean and useable, but the carpet, walls, and furniture were filthy, and despite being marked a "no smoking" room there was a definite cigarette smell permeating the room, not to mention a cigarette burn on the blankets on one of the beds. Our room was on the ground floor, with a door which opened up to the outside. The deadbolt functioned, and there was a chain on the door, so security did not seem to be a problem. However, the curtains were disgusting and stained and pretty much falling apart/off the rod. You couldn't get them entirely closed, so not only would there have been light pouring in from the courtyard all night, there also would have been a serious lack of privacy. The A/C in the room was also visibly broken (as in literal pieces falling off it) so I'm guessing it would have been a hot night on top of it all. Only one of the three lamps in the room worked, and that one didn't even have a shade on it. Outlets seemed to work, though, and nothing was visibly leaking from anywhere so at least there's that. I didn't take a close look at the pool, but it looked pretty run down from what I saw.

I don't believe I would have felt unsafe had I stayed here, and the other people in our group who did stay the night certainly didn't seem to have any problems as far as that was concerned. Still, I would definitely NOT recommend this place to anyone other than someone looking for an absolute bottom dollar hotel who doesn't care about the cleanliness of their accommodations. I was happy to stay here without complaint as we were being put up for free, but in the end I have to say I'm glad the hotel lost our reservation and we were forced to go elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We had to use the same towels for 2 days because noone ever gave us new ones even when we asked for them. Also there was 2 very thin pillows on the king size bed. I asked for an extra one, and after them being rude about it he said he'd get me one and then never did. Definitely not worth the price I paid for this hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2016

lets just say me and my friends stayed there for her birthday and soon as we checked in it was a just a mess, we had to wait a whole day to get towels and rags and we can hear everything through the walls. a couple was fighting new door and the light and tv randomly shut off, the vending does not work and the water is blazing hot. never again

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I wish that I could give this hotel no stars. The one star is only for the friendly staff.
This hotel is just a block and a half from the boardwalk but it's like being in a different world.
You are transported into a grimy area of hookers and drug dealers.
The bathroom was so grimy I felt dirtier coming OUT of the shower than going IN.
Pubic hairs in the sheets - comforters smelled like musty private parts.. thought I was going to throw up. Left in the middle of the night because I felt so unsafe.
Hotel should be demolished.
Disgusting. Drug dealers in the parking lot and hookers using the rooms on an hourly basis for their clients needs. Thin walls let the moaning sounds and commands from the hookers come through.

I wasn't looking for anything fancy.. just a decent budget motel which this is not.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tamesaor
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

I would not recommend this place for families. I would recommend this place for ppl who just want a bed to crash on after going out on the town. The guy in the office was pretty cool and it is close to many nice places. I was concerned about the heavy flow of ppl walking thru the alley way at all times of the day/night. The rooms were not very clean looking, and the hotel obviously has not been taking care of, aka maintenance. Good for a cheap place to crash for a night, that's about it.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends