“Pleasantly surprised with our stay.”

Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I had read the review immediately below mine from July and also booked a smoking room since that's all that was left; I had booked a month before our trip, and needed a cheap place to stay on a Saturday night. Our room was super clean, and the carpet seemed like new. We were impressed with the walk-in closet and kitchen space, with microwave, stove and fridge. Its location was convenient; we didn't walk to the beach though it was a good 15 minute walk away, but it was an easy drive to the outlets and casinos, as well as Ventnor and Margate, and also easy to get to/from the Parkway/AC Expressway. We had a room facing the pool, and the pool itself was decent. The front desk was accommodating, and was able to grant me a later check-out of noon instead of 11 a.m. (though our key cards were automatically deactivated at 11 without us knowing and we had to get a housekeeper to let us in.) Also, before going to bed that night, it was a bit noisy, but it died down and we were not interrupted for the rest of the evening. Overall, for $119, including parking for one car plus continental breakfast the next morning with a waffle maker, mini bagels and muffins, we could not ask for a better place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank adonia1485

Reviewed 19 July 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend for two nights. I was very nervous since there were tons of horrible reviews. My boyfriend and I checked the room (and mattress) with a fine tooth comb only to find that it was very neat and had everything that we wanted. (We even found that the 'smoking' room did not smell of smoke which I was happy about since I do not smoke.)

We were only expecting a TV, maybe some shampoo, towels, and a bed, but we were pleasantly surprised with a cute coffee maker, ice chest, cups, microwave, fridge, HBO, and a wonderful view of the pool. The pool did not have a hammoc as pictured, but we still enjoyed the sun on the comfy chairs. The front desk was very friendly and promptly greeted us and gave us our keys. If we needed something, we called and they delivered with a smile. There was also a sign at the front desk noting a 100% guarantee that if you are not happy they will refund your money. Lastly, we were not expecting much for the breakfast since it is a very basic hotel, but we were pleased to find two toaster ovens, waffle/pancake makers, muffins, bagels, cream cheese, butter, jelly, variety of cereal, milk, juices, and coffee.
As far as location, it is not a bad walk at all! We made it in less than 15 minutes to the beach and in about 20-25 to the Tropicana. It is very safe to walk at night as well (I was with my boyfriend...ha) and it was nice b/c it was close enough to the casinos and beach, but just enough away to have quiet and peace and NO CRAZY TRAFFIC. I give this an AWESOME rating for the very cheap and reliable price. If you want to save money and sleep in a comfortable setting, yet do not mind a 2 minute drive to the beach or 10 minute walk, THEN BOOK YOUR ROOM TODAY! ha (I feel like I work there...)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PALori
Reviewed 23 March 2009

This was indeed the worst hotel we have ever been too and I mean hands down, there is no competition! The rooms look very shady and just smell! The hotel staff was friendly but it did not make up for the complete lack of basic cleanliness or security. If you need a place to park your car and then not spend even a minute in ur room, then maybe this is an option for you!.... on second thoughts, its not good even for that.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Shivom
Reviewed 23 September 2008

So...my friends and I went to Atlantic City for one of our birthdays. We were planning to go all out with gambling, dinner, clubbing etc and decided to save money by booking a cheap hotel. BAD IDEA. Upon check in, I should have known. There were two women at the front desk, one woman pleasantly sat there and stared at us while the other stayed on the phone for 15 minutes. When we asked why she couldn't check in, she replied that she "doesn't do check ins". Then WHY are you sitting at the front desk??

When we entered the room, we were hit with the smell of urine. We had to open up the windows and blast the air conditioning to air out the room.

That night, we got back to the hotel very late, and when we were all getting ready for bed, we noticed a small bug scurrying across one of the pillows. IT WAS A BED BUG. We immediately asked to move rooms, the woman at the desk accommodated us but when I asked whether the hotel has had any reports of bed bugs, she gave me conflicting answers. She first said, "not for four months", and then said that she has worked there for over a year and had not heard of any bed bug reports since then.

The room we were moved to didn't smell bad but there were stains and hairs on the sheets. I didn't sleep the entire night, every time I felt an itch or something moving, I thought it was a bug crawling on me.

The next time we go to AC, we will definitely splurge on a room to save ourselves some sleep.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank nyu05
Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in my ilfe. The attendants were very unhelpful and rude. We even called the 1800 number to get out of the booking several times and was left on the phone for 30 minutes. The rooms smelled of urine and the wall paper was peeling off the wall. The carpets were sticky and the rooms smelled of smoke, cat pee, and mold. The parking lot area was full of scary people and people laying around on the ground. The continental breakfast was a jug of orange juice and some plastic wrapped muffins. Tried to lock the door at night but the frame of the door was loose, as if it had tried to be knocked down before. The neighbors alongside us left their doors open all night and were drinking, swearing, and smoking all night. I definitely do not recommend this hotel, try the econolodge down the street, where we moved to even though we couldn't get out the contract.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank holidaygoddess2
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I stayed in travelodge,AC with my boyfriend last weekend when we went to see the concert and were very dissapointed with this establishment.Room was dirty,linen looked like it was not change for a few days,bathroom and shower were very old and in horrible condition,TV was not working,overall this place looked like a very very chip hourly rate motel.When we left I had the desire to go somewhere and take a shower to get rid of the dirty feeling I had after staing there.I would never stay ther again.You better off pay a little more and stay in a clean hotel with clean linen and working shower.Continental breakfast was served from 7am to 9am and of course we missed it,we were in Atlantic City and were out until 4 am,why do you have to be up at 7am to get cup of coffee and cereal?Don't even think staying in Travelodge.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bellamed
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We drove onto the property and I immediately phoned to inquire about their cancellation policy. Too late, they need 24 hours notice and it was too late to cancel the reservation. We got a room key and it was even worse. The room hadn't been vacuumed in several days, the bathroom door didn't shut, numerous coats of paint over dirt, hem was ripped out of the curtains, etc. etc.
I called Choice directly and was told"Tough luck" they're independantly owned and operated. Inspections are performed yearly my eye.
The desk clerk offered us another room and it was exactly like the first without the awful odor. The walk to Boardwalk and casinos their site claims is more like a lengthy hike.
The free continental breakfast was not all tempting as we were sure insects had crawled all over it in the darkness.
We've done a lot of traveling and this is by far the absolute worst place we've ever spent the night. If only I could do it all over again with the knowledge I have now!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends