“A Royal Flush”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Description: Been in business 28 yrs. Featuring Italian American Cusine. One block from Tropicana and The Quarter. Family Owned. Upscale Italian American white table cloth restaurant . PLEASE upscale casual dress.... no tee shirts, graffiti tees, cut off, beachwear,Male tank tops.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a GEM amongst Giants. This little restaurant treats you like family. A small but roomy restaurant that knows how to cook and show hospitality. The food was magnificant. My Chicken Francese over linguini was to die for. The appetizers are unque and very tastey. There were young couples, young couples with children and older couples- a real mixture all there to enjoy the atmosphere and the FOOD.
A place to relax, enjoy your food and company and actually hear what is being said to you in conversation.
What a JOY.

Thank you- I will drive 2 hours again to have that kind of meal with my wife and good friends.

3  Thank skidusty88

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great little restaurant! Owner was very friendly and clearly loves what he does. Group of 6 people (made reservation) - 3 had eggplant parm and raved about it. One who had swordfish said it was dry but still pretty tasty. Other two had chicken and were very happy with their meals. Definitely worth a visit if you are looking for great Italian food NOT in a casino!

1  Thank Cartzes
Reviewed 7 April 2012

There are so many mediocre restaurants in the world, it is nice to go to a good, old fashioned neighborhood kind of Italian and feel like you're treated like family. Nicely prepared dishes, with good solid ingredients. Nice, but higher priced wine list than I would like to have seen. Would also have liked it if my talapia was just a tad bit fresher. Realizing that that is difficult, it is possible. A bit dry and stringy....still better than many.

1  Thank Zha-MD
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and I were spending the weekend in AC and decided to try Cafe 2825 based on all the good reviews I had read. I am so glad that we did. It became one of the highlights of our weekend. When we arrived there were a few open tables and the women behind the bar gave us a recommendation on which table would be the nicest/coziest to sit at. Nice touch.

As a result of the good reviews we ordered the Stuffed artichoke for an appetizer. My wife and I had never eaten a full artichoke before, just artichoke hearts. So this is where it got interesting/funny. After trying to chew the artichoke leaves on the outside, we found out that is not the right idea. So we proceeded to eat all the stuffing on the inside, which was amazing. When Joe came over, he noticed and asked if we had ever eaten a stuffed artichoke, when we said no, he said OK let me go get you a new one and I will show you how to really enjoy it. After our little lesson we really got to fully enjoy the dish. We thought this was very nice of Joe and something you wouldn't experience in a chain restaurant.

For our main course I ordered the Sunday Gravy and my wife a shrimp and chicken dish that I can't remember the name of. My meal was outstanding. The meatball was amazing. My wife's meal was the same. We could barely finish our meals since we basically had 2 appetizers.

Because of the great food and welcoming atmosphere I would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Italynstallyn44
Reviewed 1 April 2012

A memorable dinner with friends... Wonderful pasta, dinner and scrumptious homemade coconut cream pie for dessert. Welcoming host, fine wines. Thank you trip advisor for a great suggestion.