“My husband the chef loves this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 393 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Description: Been in business 28 yrs. Featuring Italian American Cusine. One block from Tropicana and The Quarter. Family Owned. Upscale Italian American white table cloth restaurant . PLEASE upscale casual dress.... no tee shirts, graffiti tees, cut off, beachwear,Male tank tops.
Manalapan, New Jersey
“My husband the chef loves this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Tuesday night was our second visit to this gem of a place. First we were greeted and thanked for returning by Joe the owner. I was surprised that he even knew that we had been there before as it was many months ago but he did. It started when we watched Joe prepare tableside a ceasar salad. Never before did I see one made with the time and care that this man put into it. He must have seen me watching because after he was finished dishing it out to the customers who ordered it he put a very small amount for my husband and I to try on our table. The best and I mean it !!! We immediatly ordered it and savored every bite. My husband ordered the Sole Francaise and really enjoyed it. I ordered Eggplant Parmasean and asked to try the "gravy" first.It was really good as I am very fussy about even ordering a dish with red sauce for fear of not liking it. The mozerella cheese was a good quality because it stretched and stretched. The side of linguini was the perfect touch. Oh and by the way the bread was delicious and this is my true indicator of if the food is going to be good. The owner of this place is truly hands on in his establishment and it shows. He was even kind enough to buy us both a cocktail. From the decor to the food it is sooooooooo worth it to get out of the casino and eat great food. My husband is a 5 time international gold medal certified executive chef. If he thinks it is really good...then believe me it is.

2 Thank michelle N

Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
“Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat in AC, looked on trip advisor. What a great surprise! It is a little on pricy side but worth every penny! We enjoyed the homemade mozzarella! My wife got wild mushroom pasta, freakin delicious! I had veal pasta equally good. We shared desert...ricotta pie. Very authentic. Owner Joe took the time and talked to us. Venue is small but done well. I come from Italian family and this is the real deal on the high class end. We will make it a point to go again the next time we in mood for quality Italian cuisine visiting AC in the future!

1 Thank sdgo
washington dc
“This restaurant is as good as Italy and Joey the owner even makes it better!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our first dining experience at this amazing restaurant and when we finished our meal we were ready to come back the next night and the next night and the next night..... This restaurant was as good as any restaurant that I experienced in Italy. The atmosphere is very special in that it is small and intimate with warmth throughout the restaurant. The owner Joe is a true hands on owner in every way. He creates the dishes and then he makes sure he goes to each table and with enthusiasm describes the intricacies of his dishes. He makes caesar salad at the table side but he so cares about guest satisfaction that after he creates the dressing with input from me on what I like, he put the dressing on the crouton and allowed me and my wife to try it to make sure we approved before putting the lettuce on the dressing to be mixed. Do not miss the homemade mozarella. Close your eyes while you enjoy each bite and you will feel like you are in Naples Italy enjoying the freshest of fresh of this amazing cheese. Joey makes it himself and it is truly a masterpiece. The pastas are homemade and we had the mushroom papardelle. Do not miss!! After one bite, we knew it was homemade. The menu is so diversified that I could eat there each day and it would be a long while before I would repeat a dish but that would be fine too. I had the veal milanese and what was so special about it were the amazingly fresh ingredients including the tomatoes, cheese and lettuce. I have visited Atlantic City many times but was referred to this restaurant by a friend and the first thing I did was call and thank him for this referral. I cant wait to go back and enjoy Italy at its best again!!

2 Thank tarbash
Boston, Massachusetts
“Do Not Dine Here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

...UNLESS you are local or are prepared to relocate so that you can enjoy this GEM regularly! Otherwise, you are likely to be as disappointed as we were to know that distance prevents us from being VERY regular customers!!

I am of (very) Italian ancestry and have been given the well deserved moniker of "foodie" by friends who also appreciate memorable culinary experiences. This was our first time in Atlantic City in about 10 years. Prior to this, we had always eaten at another long established local Italian place that, unfortunately, is no longer in business (due to area renovations). Cate 2825 is, hands down, our new home for dinner when visiting.

Joe, the owner, is of Neapolitan and Sicilian heritage and the dishes served at Cafe 2825 reflect both. Joe visibly enjoys hosting the restaurant along with his wife. He and his brother-in-law, also do much of the cooking.
Everything is made to order so, if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of time for freshness, this is the place. Frankly, why would anyone want to rush through any worth while dining experience?!
Oh, and do take the time to engage Joe in conversation while you are waiting for your next course! He hails from the southern end of the borough of Brooklyn and can bring the warmth of an old Italian neighborhood to your table.

OK, on to the food!

To start, my wife and I enjoyed the grilled calamari and the mussels in white garlic sauce. Both were excellent.

Next, we shared the frutti di mare salad which was mostly fresh delicious seafood with hints of crisp celery and sliced sweet red roasted peppers, etc. A MUST!

For our main course, my wife had the Pollo Sorrento and I had the Pescatore over Ziti (instead of over linguini as offered...my preference). Again, both were EXCELLENT. Although neither included a true (thick) marinara, the pescatore's tomato sauce (shown in the menu as marinara) was just the way I prefer it for a seafood dish. Not sweet (sweet tomato sauce is a sin in my book) and a bit on the lighter side...perfect! My wife's dish, the chicken, was, unique to us and was, honestly, one of the best ever. The flavors melded together to form a true taste sensation! Part of the melding was likely due to the preparation of thin slices of each ingredient that also yielded a melt in your mouth sensation.

We finished with a slice of Joe's ricotta cheese cake, which was incredibly light while capturing all of the appropriate flavors that this dish is know for. A cup of double espresso with a hint of Sambuca to complement and I was left feeling that, although this may not be epicurian heaven, you can sure see it from here!

I have read some of the very few negative reviews of Cafe 2825. I am left bewildered. True, the staff is not Italian as one might expect in an "authentic" Italian restaurant, but, they were polite, capable, efficient and reflected the owner's culture that put us, his patrons, first. Yes, it is a bit pricey for the area and, relative to Italian restaurants in general. At $16, the frutti di mare salad got our attention as did the price of what are typically lower priced dishes like chicken. However, as mentioned earlier, the salad was incredible and, in our opinion, was well worth the $16 price as were the other dishes. I will often remind others that price is only one component of VALUE. The other components are quality of the product and service. Based upon this definition and upon our experience, Cafe 2825 represents a very good value. The service complimented the quality of the food and was packaged in a warm, rustic setting that can accommodate about 50 guests at a seating.

While we did not partake of the Caesar Salad which Joe can prepare tableside, we did watch as he prepared several for others. We also watched as he skinned and de-boned a whole fish tableside. Both were undertaken with the passion that only a true lover of one's art can bring and both are on my list for our next visit as is the specialty of the house: the stuffed artichoke.

I could go on for several more paragraphs but, by now, you're probably tired of reading so, head to Cafe 2825 and enjoy!

Bon Appetit!!!

5 Thank OG1010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great food, service and ambience . We have dined in many top rated restaurants across the country. Cafe 2825 is right up there with the best.

2 Thank BOB2029