“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Description: Been in business 28 yrs. Featuring Italian American Cusine. One block from Tropicana and The Quarter. Family Owned. Upscale Italian American white table cloth restaurant . PLEASE upscale casual dress.... no tee shirts, graffiti tees, cut off, beachwear,Male tank tops.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I took a short get away to AC recently, had not been there in over 8 years. He had found Cafe 2825 on a business trip and raved about it many years ago. When we went back in '05, the food, atmosphere and service was outstanding. Joe the owner made us feel like he had known us for years! Such a great experience that we ate there every night of that trip. Now almost 9 years later my husband and I went back to AC, couldn't wait to eat at Cafe 2825. It was even better than we remembered. Joe even remembered us! Food, service, atmosphere and Joe - this place has it all!! Mangia!!

There are newer reviews for Cafe 2825

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Italian restaurant at the jersey shore. Food is superb, service is impeccable. The owner walks around and talks to every table and I've seen him serving food and cooking in the kitchen. We don't go to AC without eating here. It is pricey but the food is so good the price is well worth what you get. It is by far the best kept secret at the jersey shore.

2  Thank drjilly
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I were looking for some good food in Atlantic City. We checked around for off boardwalk places on purpose. The slightly out of the way place usually has the best value and is often a great experience. This restaurant exceeded our expectations! Joe, the owner, greets you at the door. We had excellent service and quite a few specials to choose off menu. The menu, itself, is extensive and impressive. The wines of the evening were excellent and not too expensive. We preferred to spend our money on the food. I loved that this restaurant still takes the time to create a true Caesar salad at tableside. My husband's salad with homemade mozzarella (made at the restaurant) was created in water infused with fresh basil. He said that was the best fresh mozzarella he ever tasted (and we eat plenty!). Joe stopped by to see how we liked our salads and he revealed how he makes his mozzarella (apparently a new technique for him). Our main courses were amazing and filling. We had really well made espresso for dessert. My husband could not resist ordering his favorite tartufo. He was full, but considering the level of the food, he was sure that it would be great. And it was! This classic is homemade there with what tasted like gelato as opposed to ice cream and coated in high quality dark chocolate. All of his oohing and ahhing led me to taste. Magnificent!!

3  Thank dancer735
Reviewed 15 May 2014

What an inviting restaurant! We were greeted by the owner Joe who made sure that our table was ready as soon as we arrived. The menu is very extensive with each selection making you wonder if you selected the right one. Our party started with a Caesar salad that was prepared tableside and was prepared to perfection. The bread which I noticed was extremely fresh & tasty is brought in from N.Y. My main course was halibut that had 4 large butterflied shrimp with roasted red peppers that was absolutely scrumptious. The portion was large and had an excellent presentation. The other dish that I tasted was Pollo Sorrento that was prepared as well as the halibut and had a wonderful flavor. For dessert, I had a homemade cannoli really topped of the evening. A great family run restaurant!

1  Thank smc0808
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Tuesday night was our second visit to this gem of a place. First we were greeted and thanked for returning by Joe the owner. I was surprised that he even knew that we had been there before as it was many months ago but he did. It started when we watched Joe prepare tableside a ceasar salad. Never before did I see one made with the time and care that this man put into it. He must have seen me watching because after he was finished dishing it out to the customers who ordered it he put a very small amount for my husband and I to try on our table. The best and I mean it !!! We immediatly ordered it and savored every bite. My husband ordered the Sole Francaise and really enjoyed it. I ordered Eggplant Parmasean and asked to try the "gravy" first.It was really good as I am very fussy about even ordering a dish with red sauce for fear of not liking it. The mozerella cheese was a good quality because it stretched and stretched. The side of linguini was the perfect touch. Oh and by the way the bread was delicious and this is my true indicator of if the food is going to be good. The owner of this place is truly hands on in his establishment and it shows. He was even kind enough to buy us both a cocktail. From the decor to the food it is sooooooooo worth it to get out of the casino and eat great food. My husband is a 5 time international gold medal certified executive chef. If he thinks it is really good...then believe me it is.

2  Thank michelle N