“The Dolphin Cruise Rocks!”

Atlantic City Cruises
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Atlantic City
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have been on the Atlantic City Cruise Dolphin Cruise twice and I absolutely love it. We will be going again, because we did not see any dolphins on our last cruise, so Captain Jeff gave us free tickets to come back (and they do not expire). The crew and Capt. Jeff are amazing, the boat is wonderful and you can buy refreshments on board. The 2-hour trip takes you up the coast toward Brigantine and then back down toward Ventnor, past the Boardwalk. We saw about 5 bottlenose just surfing the waves off the Ventor beach on our first trip. My husband had never seen dolphin up close in the wild before and was amazed at their playful antics.
Make sure you call ahead to reserve your spot - especially on the weekends in the Summer. This is a must for young and old and you can eat in one of the restaurants and check out the artisan sellers in historic Gardiners Basin.
Truly worth the trip and the price of admission!

4  Thank TigerlilyDolphinGal

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I love dolphins (and being out on the water) so when I saw a Groupon promotion for a Dolphin Watching Cruise out of Atlantic City I purchased it right away. We reserved for this past Wednesday and had a great afternoon. I read a bad review on this website and wondered if I was going to experience any problems redeeming the discount. Not at all! We arrived early, checked in and then had a great lunch at the Back Bay Alehouse before taking off for the 1PM trip. We were told about the large swells we should expect when we got out to the ocean and were given the option to go on the lower deck where you would not feel the rocking as much as you do on the top deck. It was an alert for the people who may become seasick, and was appreciated. I noticed a few people move downstairs, just in case. There were large waves, and it was fun! It was because of another Atlantic Ocean disturbance/hurricane that was several hundred miles away. Our captain told us about the changes in the area, especially about the shifting sandbars, since hurricane Irene arrived a few weeks ago and also told us a lot about the dolphins that frequent the area. We cruised north along the shoreline of Brigantine Beach and the nature preserve. That's when we saw the pod of dolphin! They were busily feeding on bunker. We stayed there over 35 minutes, while the captain kept maneuvering the boat so that both the left and right sides were given ample time to watch these beautiful animals. I really enjoyed the ride back also, seeing the skyline of the Atlantic City Hotels and Casinos on a beautiful sunny September afternoon. All in all it was a very good day!

3  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We drove from Brigantine and did a one hour cruise that was pleasant, informative and gave us the taste of sea our eyes craved. Thie one hour was perfect. And affordable.

2  Thank ArtistEl
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I just retired after 36 years of teaching and decided to invite my family and friends to sail into my retirement with me on the this cruise ship for an evening of fun, food and dancing. The captain and staff were great! The sights were great! The back bay waters were calm just as the owner promised.
If you are looking for an unique way to celebrate a special event, this is it.

5  Thank marquin5
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My wife and I along with our two young children who are aged 1 and 3 tried out the Dolphin cruise. The day we booked the weather started fine but the time we came to board it was chucking it down, it was torrential! Being British we were used to the rain and weren’t going to let it ruin our experience. The crew quickly boarded everyone and were more concern with passenger comfort than checking tickets and ensured everyone got space inside the cabin to keep dry.

The cruise set out and knowing Dolphin don’t mind the rain, we were still very optimistic. The rain eased off and there became more space to move around as people eased their way around the boat.

Sadly we didn’t see any Dolphin but were given an exchange ticket to cruise again in line with their guaranteed sighting policy. Even though we didn’t see Dolphin we still had an OK cruise and it was just nice to be out on the water and seeing the coast line.

Not many companies have policies in place to allow you to go again for free if you don’t see Dolphin (ones we have been on in Europe anyway) stating they cannot control wild animals or weather patterns. The ticket exchange worked out ok for us as we were able to come back and get a space onboard a couple of days later where the weather was a lot nice and we did see Dolphin and lots of them!!

The cursing company is a family operated and owned business. As a business and not a charity they of course have business policies in order to protect their interests and you should always check the terms and conditions when buying your tickets, especially from third parties. On our second cruise the Captain was also the owner of the company. He was very knowledgeable about the area and was very welcoming and polite. (I am sure Capt Ken (our first cruise capt) was very knowledgeable too however, there are no speakers in the inside cabin so no one could hear his commentary the whole cruise!) The two crew members were also nice enough. Yes you could buy drinks on board but it wasn’t pushed on you. It was just there if you wanted it. Yes there was also a place to tip but that’s the American culture and again it was nothing that was forced on you.
There are toilets on board and they have no issues with taking push chairs on board too. Dirty smokers were also welcome to fill their lungs at the back of the boat.

It doesn’t matter where you sit when you find a pod of Dolphin as the Captains will ensure both sides will get a fair and equal amount of viewing time.

The Dolphin cruise was good value lasting about 2 hours or so in total and included at least 40 minutes with the Dolphin. You also get some great coastal views of Atlantic City on your way back in too.

7  Thank walshyfamily