“Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner or Drinks with a View!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Water Grille

Blue Water Grille
Ranked #98 of 395 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great food, great view!
Brooklyn, New York
“Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner or Drinks with a View!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The water view is super while dining here. Gracious service, good food and fair pricing. We ate here several times while vacationing in Atlantic City. It's located in the Flagship, near Gardener's
Basin. It's worth the trip away from the casinos to enjoy this beautiful restaurant and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014

“Really good food, beautiful view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to give Blue Water Grille a try for a nice birthday dinner for her on our one day getaway to AC. She wanted a steak for her birthday and with all of the big casino spots being over priced for our budget, I found BWG online and thought the menu looked appealing so we gave it a try! And I'm glad we did!
The restaurant is on the 7th floor of the FantaSea resorts flagship hotel on the Absicon Bay, which being at the very end, or maybe it's the beginning?, of the whole strip leaves it feeling empty and definitely feel like more people need to know about this secret gem, so that it doesn't close it's doors...
We started our dinner with the spinach and artichoke dip, a special that was featured on a single page insert, not found on the every day menu. It came out hot, and was a decent portion, not too big or small, with tortilla chips (chips were a little stale but still good). It was creamy and had the right amount of ingredients.
My gf got the NY Strip with mashed potatoes and subbed out her chef veggies for asparagus, thought it strange they charged us $2 to do that when the chef veg had asparagus cut up in it, so not like they aren't already giving you some asparagus, but it was good asparagus and a great steak! She was very pleased!
As was I! I was between the meatloaf, stuffed with bacon and crumbled blu (sounded so good) and the Chicken Prosciutto, and upon our server Sydney's recommendation I went with the Chicken. It was a large juicy piece of chicken topped with a generous amount of prosciutto and fresh buff mozzarella cheese atop a heaping pile of mashed potatoes and the chef veg, which had asparagus, red peppers and zucchini and squash, cooked perfectly! The Chicken Prosciutto was a nice balance of salty and succulence for a chicken dish that I was very pleased with.
This all coming out of a kitchen that appeared to be a one man show that Sydney told us to be a 22 year old kid named David, great job kid! Keep it up!
This place has serious potential, the food was amazing and the menu had some decent options overall but they could beef it up a bit in some areas, especially desert, they didn't have anything that appealed to us. But if this place can get some more support for the young and talented David in that kitchen and get some more bodies on the floor to expedite service a bit, this place can be special! It has a beautiful view, make sure you get a table by the windows! We will be back next time we are in AC!

• Visited July 2014
Long Beach, NY
“food is not up to par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

ordered burgers and fries . the burger was a flat pancake and very overcooked on stale bread.... How can you ruin a burger????

Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View and Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Flagship with my husband. We cooked in the room a couple times and ate at the Blue Water Grille twice during our stay. We came in the first time for the breakfast buffet. For a buffet, it was excellent. There was a nice variety with fruit, cereal, bacon, sausage gravy, salmon and carving stations. Our server was also very friendly and helpful and told us if we want "made to order" items like waffles or omelets to head up to the grill and order there. The cook out front was excellent. He quickly greeted my husband and I and made our orders. We asked our server to see the dinner menu and she came back with it right away. We took a look and decided that we would like to come back and give it a shot. We were pleasantly surprised when we came back for dinner. The menu isn't that big, but the portions sure were! We started off with the bang bang shrimp. They were not what I expected, but they were delicious! They definitely exceeded my expectations. I ordered the surf and turf and my husband ordered the chicken special. We could barely finish half of our entrees. Our server was excellent and the view was gorgeous. We were very happy with everything and will definitely be back if we ever stay at the Flagship again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Danielle H
Arizona
“Limited menu but very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The food was very good, the wait staff was efficient and friendly.
I had the Roast chicken and instead of the potatoes I requested 2 vegetables. very accomodating.
Prices were reasonable.