“Very good food”

Ranked #116 of 407 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Great food, great view!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

When we arrived we wanted to have lunch, but they were closed so we ordered the Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas. We received them quickly, and they were hot out of the oven. The next morning we had breakfast, and it was one of the best breakfasts I have had in a very long time. I ordered eggs over medium, and they were cooked perfectly, the potatoes were very different, but were the best I have ever tasted. They were about an inch long, maybe a half inch wide, and flavored just right. My husband had scrambled eggs with bacon, and he said the bacon was done just right, crispy and tasty. We each had toast, and coffee and tea. The chef was a female, and she did an outstanding job! Kudos to this chef! With the restaurant being on the 7th floor, there is a lovely view of the ocean, rocks, and we even saw surfers riding the waves, which mad this different for us, and very enjoyable.

1  Thank travelqueen1_10

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We ate at this restaurant because it was in the hotel. The food was average to below-average; I sent my pork loin back because it was tough and tasted as if it was previously frozen. Our waiter, Angelo, was excellent; however, the wait staff was insufficient for the amount of diners, we had to wait for our meals and drinks even though we could see them waiting on the serving counters to be brought to the table.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The water view is super while dining here. Gracious service, good food and fair pricing. We ate here several times while vacationing in Atlantic City. It's located in the Flagship, near Gardener's
Basin. It's worth the trip away from the casinos to enjoy this beautiful restaurant and atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to give Blue Water Grille a try for a nice birthday dinner for her on our one day getaway to AC. She wanted a steak for her birthday and with all of the big casino spots being over priced for our budget, I found BWG online and thought the menu looked appealing so we gave it a try! And I'm glad we did!
The restaurant is on the 7th floor of the FantaSea resorts flagship hotel on the Absicon Bay, which being at the very end, or maybe it's the beginning?, of the whole strip leaves it feeling empty and definitely feel like more people need to know about this secret gem, so that it doesn't close it's doors...
We started our dinner with the spinach and artichoke dip, a special that was featured on a single page insert, not found on the every day menu. It came out hot, and was a decent portion, not too big or small, with tortilla chips (chips were a little stale but still good). It was creamy and had the right amount of ingredients.
My gf got the NY Strip with mashed potatoes and subbed out her chef veggies for asparagus, thought it strange they charged us $2 to do that when the chef veg had asparagus cut up in it, so not like they aren't already giving you some asparagus, but it was good asparagus and a great steak! She was very pleased!
As was I! I was between the meatloaf, stuffed with bacon and crumbled blu (sounded so good) and the Chicken Prosciutto, and upon our server Sydney's recommendation I went with the Chicken. It was a large juicy piece of chicken topped with a generous amount of prosciutto and fresh buff mozzarella cheese atop a heaping pile of mashed potatoes and the chef veg, which had asparagus, red peppers and zucchini and squash, cooked perfectly! The Chicken Prosciutto was a nice balance of salty and succulence for a chicken dish that I was very pleased with.
This all coming out of a kitchen that appeared to be a one man show that Sydney told us to be a 22 year old kid named David, great job kid! Keep it up!
This place has serious potential, the food was amazing and the menu had some decent options overall but they could beef it up a bit in some areas, especially desert, they didn't have anything that appealed to us. But if this place can get some more support for the young and talented David in that kitchen and get some more bodies on the floor to expedite service a bit, this place can be special! It has a beautiful view, make sure you get a table by the windows! We will be back next time we are in AC!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

ordered burgers and fries . the burger was a flat pancake and very overcooked on stale bread.... How can you ruin a burger????